2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

there's gotta be something going on with taylor. i never saw him any lower than 15th leading up to tonight. Who is NE's starting RT? I know wynn is their LT

Atlanta just moved up...they should take Taylor right here.

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Harry before Metcalf? Not so sure on that one.

If you’ve watched Harry play it’s pretty straightforward. Dude is a STUD, and a great kid too. Gonna be a star with Brady. DK is a physical marvel but also never even the best WR on his team. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Tolliver was at LSU last year no way he is an UDFA in this draft.  

Right. He sure as hell wasn't matching up to Greedy in his play, but with his lack of real impact plays and reported attitude issues I'd image he'd still get a 5th ranking.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

So...where does Rosen go? I find it weird that hasn't shaken out yet...

I'd can offer a 5th or a 4th and Chase. He has potential to be a hell of a back up. lol

Just now, G08 said:

So we're in pretty good shape going into round 2... 2 TEs, 1 CB, 1 RB taken. Hopefully we won't see a run on these positions tomorrow in round 2 or 3 before we pick.

Pretty much what was expected to this point IMO. OL/DL run played really well for us since we aren’t likely looking at either at 87. 

Looking at who I thought NEEDED a 2019 starting RB earlier in the week I was thinking OAK and TB were the only two, with 5 or 6 others maybe looking for a 1b or top backup for 2019 or a starter for 2020 to replace an aging vet. One of those starter needs is now filled, and the other took a RB 2nd round last year and may not be as inclined to draft another one high this year as I would be. That scenario really sets up well for RBs to fall into our range IMO. 

Seeing what has gone on in this draft, I'm feeling even more confident with the Khalil Mack trade. I really don't feel like we've missed out on anybody of note. I'd project us to have a 10-15 pick without him this year, and there isn't anyone that jumps out. Given that we were the best defensive team in the league in a defensive draft, somehow we've managed to steal Khalil Mack for a mediocre tailback in Josh Jacobs and a 1st round-2nd round switch in next years draft.

Some Picks of note::

Even though media is crucifying OAK for picking Clelin Ferrell, I'm in the minority of looking at this guy and thinking this guy is a flat out stud to play DE in a 4-3. Most people are high on Josh Allen but I think his best position would be WILL on a 4-3 which most teams don't spend high draft capital.

The Redskins might have been blessed by Destiny. I feel that them signing a mediocre QB in Alex Smith was one of the stupidest decisions a franchise can make. It probably is a blessing in disguise that he got injured. It raised up the necessity of picking a QB and you get Haskins fall in your lap, I can't think of a better scenario for team ailing at the QB position.

The Patriots get their first stab at the best WR of the draft. Even though Marquise Brown was the first, he's more of a super-stud slot receiver and with the Pats getting their choice at WR, with N'Keal Harry, this could potentially be a dangerous pick. I will be looking out for this guy on my fantasy drafts.

Archived