2019 Live Draft Chat

dll2000

8 minutes ago, soulman said:

Except Wolfe was 20lbs lighter and didn't have anywhere near the toughness or elusiveness Singletary has.  He's not gonna be a feature back in the NFL but he can be a weapon and good point producer.

The second round will tell us a lot but it could be all of the RBs will get pushed farther down than expected.  It's an over supply vs weaker demand.

You seem to forget how hard Wolfe ran at NIU and how productive he was.

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's more an indictment on their pass rush than anything else.  When Kyler Fackrell (with his ridiculously unsustainable pressure per sack ratio) is leading your team in sacks, you know your pass rush isn't reliable.  Despite those issues, Green Bay finished T-8th among all NFL teams.  Kyler Fackrell, Kenny Clark, and Blake Martinez accounted for 21.5 of their 44 team sacks.  That's your EDGE3 coming into the season, your NT, and your starting ILB.  Put a pair of legitimate pass rushers (Za'Darius Smith and Preston Smith) along with some health from Mike Daniels, and this secondary could look really good.

Back up the brinks truck for Amos?  He's 10th in AAV among safeties and 18th in terms of guarantees.  That's not backing up the brinks truck.

Pass rush issues or not you have to admit this is a revolving door of CBs and Safeties over the past 5 years and that's not including Amos or Savage.

Year Rnd Pick Pos College Player 2018 Appearances for GB 2018 Starts for GB Career INT  
2018 1 18 CB Louisville Jaire Alexander 13 11 1  
2018 2 45 CB Iowa Josh Jackson 16 10 0  
2017 2 33 CB Washington Kevin King 6 6 1  
2017 2 61 S North Carolina St. Josh Jones 13 5 1  
2015 1 30 S Arizona St. Damarious Randall 0 0 10 traded
2015 2 62 CB Miami (OH) Quinten Rollins 0 0 3 out of league
2014 1 21 DB Alabama Ha Ha Clinton-Dix 7 7 14 traded

54 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Kinda hard when you pull up short in run defense, and take awful angles to the ball carrier.  HHCD is a finesse safety.

Which is fine for our purpose and not so much for yours.  He ceased to be a fit in GB.  Let's see how well he fits in Chicago.

As motivated as he seems if he plays well he gets a bigger better deal somewhere.  If he's only average well.....he's only being paid like it so no harm no foul.  Either way he's likely to be a one year investment and we might be happier with some picks than a few missed tackles.  Jackson misses some too yet he was an All Pro.

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

You seem to forget how hard Wolfe ran at NIU and how productive he was.

No.....I didn't.

Wolfe was horribly misused by the Bears yet IMHO he still didn't have Singletary's size or elusiveness.  He had a few nice runs but running him between the tackles was a waste.

They seem to have an interest in Singletary for what he can do we don't have another back who can do now but in the NFL he's never gonna be more than a complimentary back.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I think a lot of people will flip and be angry if Bears don't take a RB at 87.

Oh yea  most will flip ESP  if  Sanders and  Montgomery  fall in our laps all way down to  #87  

I'll flip  ha ! Both are top 40-45  !!

I don't see either Sanders or Montgomery falling to #87 or us trading up for them.  Both are more the lead back type and I don't think they brought in Davis to be the #2 RB.  Montgomery is a good back but also much like Davis.

Right now I'm looking for Pace to take a lesser back with skills he doesn't have now.  Someone more like Cohen but bigger; Singletary or T Will seem to fit.

I also believe he's now thinking he can get that back in round 4 or 5 and he'll draft a different position in round 3.  CB or TE possibly.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Wait...you mean a good safety needs a competent one next to them?  Shocking.

Eddie Jackson is a little more than competent. I will say I was one of the more critical guys around here on Amos dating back to his rookie season. I truly think he is the definition of middle of the road. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Kinda hard when you pull up short in run defense, and take awful angles to the ball carrier.  HHCD is a finesse safety.

He might be, but in the defense we are going to be playing having interchangable safeties is a beautiful, beautiful thing. Especially when you have Khalil Mack blazing off the edge.

We are thrilled to have HCD here -- thrilled.

Enjoy Amos. I think he had all of 3 interceptions in 60 games played (56 were starts). He's a thumper and he'll do his job well, but he's nothing special.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Again...when you purposely come up short in run support because you refuse to get your hands dirty and take awful angle to the ball carrier, what do you expect?  HHCD issues weren't what was in front of him.  The problem was he was Charmin soft.

That's ridiculous. And you should be ashamed for posting it. HHCD will, most likely, not make it to the Hall of Fame, but you should know full well you're being less than truthful there. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

That's ridiculous. And you should be ashamed for posting it. HHCD will, most likely, not make it to the Hall of Fame, but you should know full well you're being less than truthful there. 

Coming from someone who has seen enough of HHCD, it's truthful.  Hell, you probably could get Redskins fans to agree with it.

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Coming from someone who has seen enough of HHCD, it's truthful.  Hell, you probably could get Redskins fans to agree with it.

Maybe he was saving himself for an elite defense :)

Archived