Draft Room - Day 2

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Hate to sound pessimistic but I’m not really sure I like this draft. Besides from Sanders we don’t really have any day 1 contributors. The team is in win-now mode until Wentz gets his new deal 

If you are relying on a ton of rookies year 1, you probably are not a very good team 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Hate to sound pessimistic but I’m not really sure I like this draft. Besides from Sanders we don’t really have any day 1 contributors. The team is in win-now mode until Wentz gets his new deal 

it's a fair criticism..but we don't really have the holes were any guy would step in as a starter day 1

I think the only thing like that, that could have happened would have been if we got one of the Devin's at LB. But they were both long gone

I don’t mind that we don’t have day one contributors. But I do hate the complete disregard for Safety and LB at some point the team needs to realize that there’s other levels to the defense. 

I hate that we are all about the DL and screw everything else. Instead of trying to build a complete defense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don’t mind that we don’t have day one contributors. But I do hate the complete disregard for Safety and LB at some point the team needs to realize that there’s other levels to the defense. 

I hate that we are all about the DL and screw everything else. Instead of trying to build a complete defense. 

Look how much harder it is to get good DL in FA/how much you have to spend on them vs LB and S. They’d rather take as many shots to grow their own DL and think they can find free agent S and LB....which is pretty much exactly what they’ve done and with decent success 

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Look how much harder it is to get good DL in FA/how much you have to spend on them vs LB and S. They’d rather take as many shots to grow their own DL and think they can find free agent S and LB....which is pretty much exactly what they’ve done and with decent success 

I get that but we seem to go way to one side of the defense compared to the other.

I had hoped that with McLeod’s injury we would’ve learned something but we didn’t.

Unless you're drafting a player in the first two rounds, their rookie season impact is always going to be minimal.

The Eagles aren't in a DIRE win now mode like y'all make them out to be. They're built for now and later. 

I expect JJ to have like 400 yards 3-4 TDs on 30-40 catches in his rookie season.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

Unless you're drafting a player in the first two rounds, their rookie season impact is always going to be minimal.

The Eagles aren't in a DIRE win now mode like y'all make them out to be. They're built for now and later. 

I expect JJ to have like 400 yards 3-4 TDs on 30-40 catches in his rookie season.

I expect him to have less yards then Nelly but more TDs then Nelly. I think your yards may be  about right as I only see him getting 30% of snaps mostly on 3rd down and Redzone

Emmanuel Hall
Te'Von Coney
Gerald Willis
Tyree Jackson
Dillon Mitchell
Trevon Tate
Terrill Hanks
Ryan Bates
Jordan Brown
Rodney Anderson
Dax Raymond
Elijah Holyfield
Ken Webster
Albert Huggins
Josiah Tauaefa
Yosuah Nijman
Porter Roids Gustin
Deion Calhoun
Jazz Ferguson
Jordan Brailford
Zed Woods
Chris Slayton
Kerrith Whyte
Mark Fields
Alex Barnes
Gary Johnson
Keelan Doss
Devine Ozigbo
Stanley Morgan Jr.
Wes Hills
Iosua Opeta
William Sweet
Joe Giles-Harris
Michael Dogbe
Josh Miles
PJ Johnson
Daniel Wise
Darryl Johnson Jr
Jordan Ta'amu

Hopefully some of these guys make it to UDFA and we sign them

Edited by Jeezla

Chris Slayton would be interesting, liked him as a late round developmental DT for awhile.

Has athleticism and good size, just needs to mature and get someone to motivate him...maybe guys like Malik and Fletch could do that...an ex player position coach helps with that too

42 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Emmanuel Hall
Te'Von Coney
Gerald Willis
Tyree Jackson
Dillon Mitchell
Trevon Tate
Terrill Hanks
Ryan Bates
Jordan Brown
Rodney Anderson
Dax Raymond