#2 Toronto Raptors vs. #3 Philadelphia 76ers | 2019 East Semifinals

11sanchez11

21 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

A couple things about things I'm seeing.

A couple people in the media have said Kawhi plays like Jordan over the last week or so. I said this like three years ago. Stylistically he plays super similar to MJ. Super mechanical. Postgame. Hitting jumpers in your face like nothing. They seem stiff (especially ballhandling)  but are somehow super effective anyways. lockdown d, etc.

People say this series might be the end to the Raptors as a serious contenders (cause kawhi might leave). But it also might be the end to the 76ers as serious contenders too.  If Butler leaves and with JJ getting older that might be it. Embiid is shooting 36% in this series and Ben is averaging 10 pts and 5 APG. That is there future.

Without knowing what is going down after the season, I'm not sure how we can define any series as the end of anything (unless an old star is retiring).

15 hours ago, Knowledge said:

This loss is on Embiid. You cant be show boating last game and then not show the f up the next game

Easy win if he just plays his game

Embiid is easily the 2nd or 3rd most unlikable superstar in this league. I've never seen such a soft big man. 

8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Embiid is easily the 2nd or 3rd most unlikable superstar in this league. I've never seen such a soft big man. 

I don't like that he acts like a guy who has done a lot when he's done very little and is looking like he needs D-Wade treatment of having a game off every week and he's not even 30. However, there's been like an infinity of softer big mean in the league, he wouldn't even be a mention if you were putting together an encyclopedia.

21 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm not going to totally write the Raptors off yet.  They're still a really good team and have played well all season.  I think Leonard is playing fine, it's other players who aren't contributing.  Even during the last post-game conference after the Raptors lost, Kawhi looked really stressed out as he sat down.

And they got the win yesterday so hopefully they can come back and win the series. Game 5 is key for both teams in this series IMO. 

16 minutes ago, N4L said:

@RandyMossIsBoss Chris paul lol

Eh, I'd say the stat is a worse look for Giannis.

But no doubt, it's crazy how bad the Raps have been with Kawhi off the court this series. And it makes no sense because they actually thrived without him during the regular season (whenever he would sit out). Not sure if it's them or Philly just being that much better from a talent perspective sans Kawhi.

56 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, I'd say the stat is a worse look for Giannis.

A 116 orating lead the league. A 109 orating is what the Pistons and Magic had on the year.  So the Bucks go from the best offense in the league to a little better. The Rockets go from a below average offense to the best offense in the league.

20 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

A 116 orating lead the league. A 109 orating is what the Pistons and Magic had on the year.  So the Bucks go from the best offense in the league to a little better. The Rockets go from a below average offense to the best offense in the league.

I just meant in terms of who it really matters to more; not like CP3 is vying for any awards this season. If one wanted, they could use that stat to try and put down Giannis' MVP candidacy and bolster Hardens.

22 hours ago, showtime said:

Ben Simmons is baby food.  He doesn't even play great defense, even though he should.  Leonard abuses him every time they get matched up on each other.

He straight up stopped playing defense at times in game 4.  Effort usually isn’t his problem, that was very troubling

Archived