1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

It'll be interesting to look at these numbers after 2-3 years. A lot of people thought Winovich was the better player yet he fell in the draft. He's looked good in two preseason games although I'm not sure what competition he's faced so far in those games.

You got to remember, PFF was pimping Winovich and down on Gary all college season. That is going to carry into the NFL. You know how all of those 50/50 calls are going to go.

That said, Gary has sucked. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

It'll be interesting to look at these numbers after 2-3 years. A lot of people thought Winovich was the better player yet he fell in the draft. He's looked good in two preseason games although I'm not sure what competition he's faced so far in those games.

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure Winovich would suck just as bad as Gary had we drafted him

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Going to have to be, how many 275lb DL are there in the NFL?

Za'Darius Smith maybe.

Anyway gary is gonna be fine even if his impact isn't on this year's team.  I expect that if one of the smiths gets hurt he'll really step up.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

From GOAT to garbage in 2 pointless practices disguised as games.

This is the natural cycle of rookies.  Right after the draft, all these guys are perennial all-pros, and during August they transition to "absolute garbage".  Eventually about half of the first round guys turn into something, and about half don't.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

Lots of people patting themselves in the back on that Twitter thread. I'm far from a Gary believer but the circlejerk after just two preseason games is hilarious.

Ugh, your post prompted me to read the garbage responses to that tweet.  Wish I hadn’t, LOL.  Lemming mentality on Twitter.

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Za'Darius Smith maybe.

Anyway gary is gonna be fine even if his impact isn't on this year's team.  I expect that if one of the smiths gets hurt he'll really step up.

I actually think Gary will be at his best when playing with both the Smiths. If one goes down and we stick Gary at edge and expect much I think we'll be disappointed.