Day 2 - NFL Draft Discussion

D82

12 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Barring a trade, what time do we expect the Cowboys to go on the clock tonight? I'm seeing the new Avengers movie at 4, so I figure I'll be out by 7:30 or so. I'm guessing I'll miss the second round entirely, but how long is each pick supposed to take?

I think about 5-6 minutes max.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

yup shouldnt be taken too seriously but they are right sometimes. And right now any smoke anywhere is worth a gander

Blind squirrel. They are throwing stuff at a wall and hoping something sticks. 

If someone has real sources, that’s worth listening too. A couple of jabronis just making stuff up out of thin air is not worthwhile, in my opinion.

57 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

If we’re really picking between dudes like Hill and Ferguson and JoeJuan Williams I think I would just rather trade out of the pick. They won’t wanna do that after 2009 though. Kinda wanna move up for a safety now

I agree. If I'm them, as soon as I see two of the remaining top 4 safeties come off the board, I start trying to move up. There's a drop off after Adderley, Rapp, CGJ, and Thornhill. Thompson too but they don't seem interested in him at this point.

I think we should also prepare for a CB. Only Baker was drafted in the first round, so you have guys like Greedy, Murphy, Layne, Bunting, Rock Ya-Sin, both Johnsons all on the board. CB might be the best value, and gives them some comfortability if they lose Byron and/or Brown next season.

So Dallas has not done any work on Nasir Adderley which I believe could have been to the fact they didn't see him making it to them in round 2 or do you believe they just aren't interested ...looking more and more like he may begin creeping towards 58 

The thought that we would let Byron reach unrestricted free agency next offseason is insane to me. Tag number for CBs is like $13-14M. We have $93M in available cap room next summer, without accounting for rollover. Even after you factor in Dak, Amari, Zeke, Jaylon and both years’ draft classes that should still be close to $30M, and you can save another 8 by cutting Crawford

I know it took Byron a while to come on but really, what team lets that dude walk for nothing smack dab in the middle of his prime? Our secondary is cheeks without him

Hill did not end his career at UCF on a positive note. He barely played in the team's Fiesta Bowl loss to LSU, made it clear he was unhappy about his playing time after the game, and did not thank the team's current coaching staff in the note in which he made his declaration for early entry in the NFL draft. Hill had been a major factor in the Knights' win in the American Athletic Conference Championship Game, making six tackles, three for loss, and two sacks

As much as I ****** about ignoring DTs, I wont be upset with one at 58 if that's the guy the scouts want.

Not exactly the Dexter Lawrence type I like, but at least he isn't a DE tweeter at 310 pounds

Archived