2019 Packers Defense Would You Look At It? Just Look At It!

MacReady

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Leader, I think you and I see the exact same things when we look at draft prospects.  Last year it was Brian Burns.  The year before it was Tremaine Edmunds.  I don't know if it is good, for either one of us, but whatever it is, we seem to like the same things.

Blondes, brunettes, or redheads.

Both of you. Go!

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

First of all, that's my line. 

Second, I didn't have a horse in that race.  I wanted purely the best defensive difference maker at 12 and I didn't care who it was.  Only thoughts I had about 12 all offseason were:

No Hockenson, White, Bush, IOL.

I seemed to be the only one who was interested in Clelin Ferrel, though.  Lots of people wrote him off for some reason and he looked good for the Raiders on Monday night. 

Nope you were not the only one in on Ferrell I liked his size for what Pet and Ryan did in NYJ land. Ferrel was likely high on our board but when you like a size and weight we got the guy with less stats but a higher possible ceiling. My hope was Ferrell falling to us.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

1. Long hair. Thick and wavy. The kind your hand can get stuck in.
2. Brunettes
3. Blondes
4. Redheads
5. Anything else - but - no Goth, punk or skinhead

Seriously Leader what would anyone have against a bald woman or as you put it skinhead. An old friend of mine use to say " Beauty is only a light switch away" so who cares what her hair color is.

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's not a 15 pound difference, probably double that. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Brian Burns, but even at 6'5 they're never going to get that dude to 260 without him breaking down. Getting him to 249 was a back breaking experience for that camp leading up to the draft.

You think he went back down to the 230's? He's still looking a bit thicker than college to me. I know he said it was tough to put the weight on but I havent heard anything about a struggle to keep it. I think you leave him mid 250's and he'd play fine for Pett.

7 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Seriously Leader what would anyone have against a bald woman or as you put it skinhead. An old friend of mine use to say " Beauty is only a light switch away" so who cares what her hair color is.

You want the real life answer to that question? I wouldnt.

My wife passed away following a long battle with breast cancer. It was an aggressive type that started out at Stage 4 - so strenuous medical attention was necessary and ongoing. She underwent frequent surgeries and chemotherapy. Frequent.

As a consequence her hair fell out in patches and I frequently shaved her head for her - or trimmed it with the electic trimmer I used on my beard. When she wasnt on "hair removal" chemo - her hair would grow back, but she preferred to maintain is "close cropped" as opposed to letting it grow to its normal length - and she bypassed wigs and alike. 

We planned an an extended trip to Europe and as became the norm during her 14 year battle - cancer chased us right up the stairs to the plane. It's return was realized just a few weeks before we were scheduled to leave - and the preceding days was an intense search for an oral chemo she could take on the month long. A trial drug which was located and approved for her to use just days before we were to leave - or - cancel the trip outright.

As a consequence, we were both drawn and tired as the trip began. Such "searches for life" can take their toll - and it took a few days for her to get up to speed and actually get out of bed after we'd arrived overseas.

Early pictures of her disclosed her fatigue - but some weeks later - by sheer happenstance - I took a quick unplanned selfie of myself with her looking over my left shoulder - and the image was dramatic. The stress and fatigue had left her face. Sun tanned and relaxed, she was herself again - radiant - and she was sporting the close cropped hair my electric trimmer provided.

It's my favorite picture of her.  It's the one I had displayed by her casket.

I've got nothing against short hair at all.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I seemed to be the only one who was interested in Clelin Ferrel, though.  Lots of people wrote him off for some reason and he looked good for the Raiders on Monday night. 

Clellin is going to look nice, that Clemson front got pretty polished up. Is he going to get much better than what he's currently showing? That's more the question with taking him that high. Back in the 20s I'd have been more than down.

34 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

You think he went back down to the 230's? He's still looking a bit thicker than college to me. I know he said it was tough to put the weight on but I havent heard anything about a struggle to keep it. I think you leave him mid 250's and he'd play fine for Pett.

How big do you think Preston Smith is? Man hasn't lost that much since college

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How big do you think Preston Smith is? Man hasn't lost that much since college

I dont think hes getting into the mid 270s. If you wanna say theres around 20 lb difference I wouldnt argue. Everywhere you look hes listed around the 265 mark. I dont think Brian wouldve had to get up to that 260 to be viable for Pettine though. He's used lighter players in that strongside EDGE role with pretty astounding success 

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I dont think hes getting into the mid 270s. If you wanna say theres around 20 lb difference I wouldnt argue. Everywhere you look hes listed around the 265 mark. I dont think Brian wouldve had to get up to that 260 to be viable for Pettine though. He's used lighter players in that strongside EDGE role with pretty astounding success 

Long video so by no means do I expect you to watch it, but he alludes a couple times in this video to why he felt having bigger guys on the edge is important to keep guys from getting to the perimeter and creating a different look than most offensive lines are built to match up with. I don't doubt Pettine could have made Burns work, but it seems to me he wanted a certain type of guy, and Gute went and got him a few versions of that prototype. 

• Like 1