Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Yeah, this seems odd to me on the Dolphins end.  I don't see Rosen performing any better on an equally, if not more-so, terrible Dolphins team.  So you are more than likely not gonna be able to get good, solid and reliable film from Rosen headed into a potentially strong QB class.

But I guess its worth a shot.  Who knows.  I don't think it would be that bad if they still took a QB first next year, although not ideal.  Panthers took Clausen in the 2nd and then took Cam Newton in the 1st the following year.  And at least its "only" a 2nd.

Plus, Rosen starting over Ryan Fitzpatrick?  He's guaranteed to get hurt.

I think we have too many needs to double on a QB unless we truly are the worst team in the league next year. If I'm trading for Rosen he's my guy and I'm building around him.

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

You never specified "offseason roster", but merely stated this roster is the worst nfl roster you have ever seen.  

I did indeed forget JT, as I thought he was dealt prior to 2007, not 2008.  My bad.  Zach was one of my top 3 favorite Fins of all-time, but he wasn't even close to the same player in 2007, due to the injuries that had been piling up at that point.  Porter was trash in 2007.  He was like 2017 Kiko Alonso.  Trent Green was garbage when he came to the Fins due to concussions.  Bell was simply meh.  I will give you JT, though.  He still had some left in the tank.

I thought it went without saying. The only rosters that have been worse were due to injuries. I don't recall a team being this straight up devoid of talent before. This includes the 2007 Dolphins.

Just now, Lilseb93 said:

Honestly, I think the whole Rosen has an attitude thing is overblown. How much evidence of this is there? People make him out to be an immature monster like he's the next Jay Cutler or something. How many of his former coaches and teammates have called him out? The only people I see criticizing him are TV analysts and writers with their "sources." 

In addition to this, I've never seen an Arizona beat reporter say a bad thing about him. Every single one of them have commented on how ridiculous the Steve Smith take on him was. I know David Johnson has been retweeting some of their words to. Not a single person in the desert thinks he has an attitude problem. Is he arrogant? Probably, but arrogance is such a non issue for a QB. You know who else is arrogant? Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, anyone who is good at what they do is arrogant. It's such a ridiculously overblown narrative that is driving me nuts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Honestly, I think the whole Rosen has an attitude thing is overblown. How much evidence of this is there? People make him out to be an immature monster like he's the next Jay Cutler or something. How many of his former coaches and teammates have called him out? The only people I see criticizing him are TV analysts and writers with their "sources." 

Where there's smoke there's almost certainly fire.

Plus he has the most smug, punchable face in almost all of sports.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Where there's smoke there's almost certainly fire.

Plus he has the most smug, punchable face in almost all of sports.

Maybe, but I need more evidence of this. I don't hear anything about Rosen for months and now all of a sudden he's a headcase and horrible teammate again. Even Cardinal fans are defending him. He's arrogant and might be a ******, but I think it's overblown. I don't think he struggled last year because he has opinions. 

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I thought it went without saying. The only rosters that have been worse were due to injuries. I don't recall a team being this straight up devoid of talent before. This includes the 2007 Dolphins.

2013 Raiders maybe?  Old man Woodson and, I guess, Lamarr Houston were the only decent players they had on defense.  And the offense was a disaster.  Wis and Veldheer were the only above average players on that side of the ball.

9 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure you could reasonably expect a guy to handle the situation much better.  The social media unfollowing is a non-issue.

Patrick Peterson unfollowed the Cardinals like three days ago lol. And also took off all of the stuff mentioning him being a Cardinal. No one mentions that negatively (well except some annoyed Cardinal fans).

4 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

2013 Raiders maybe?  Old man Woodson and, I guess, Lamarr Houston were the only decent players they had on defense.  And the offense was a disaster.  Wis and Veldheer were the only above average players on that side of the ball.

2013 Raiders is a pretty close comparison.

5 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

Maybe, but I need more evidence of this. I don't hear anything about Rosen for months and now all of a sudden he's a headcase and horrible teammate again. Even Cardinal fans are defending him. He's arrogant and might be a ******, but I think it's overblown. I don't think he struggled last year because he has opinions. 

Pst- Cardinals fans are defending him because they think they're getting a 2nd round pick.

And yeah, he struggled last year because he doesn't care about football and sucks.

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Pst- Cardinals fans are defending him because they think they're getting a 2nd round pick.

And yeah, he struggled last year because he doesn't care about football and sucks.

Aren't you one of the ones that gives Tannehill a huge pass on his time in Miami due to poor O-line play?

12 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

No I'm defending him because he's a better prospect than Kyler Murray, and struggled due to a historically bad offensive line and sub par weapons. I'm pissed that we're trading him 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

2013 Raiders is a pretty close comparison.

whisenhunt-era titans were pretty brutal. it was casey, walker, lewan, and absolutely nobody else. i think casey is actually the only remaining player on defense from that era.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Miami's OL has been consistently bad and Tannehill was no where near as bad at any point as Rosen was.

Awkward moment when Rosen's pff grade is higher, as a rookie, in a new offense, with two different offensive coordinators, and a severe lack of weapons.