Official: Dolphins trade for Cardinals QB Josh Rosen

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I remember the 2007 Dolphins.

I think the 2019 Dolphins is worse at this stage of the offseason. 2007 was decimated by injuries. It was also a terrible team, granted, but there were parts that weren't horrible.

It's pretty darn close, at any rate.

The difference is this team has a lot of young players are who still growing. They aren't bad because they are full of old overpaid vets who are either injured or suck. That's how I remember the 2007 Dolphins. A team with absolutely no direction or clue. They are bad this year because most of the roster is young and going through growing pains with a new brand new coach. Some of these guys may end up busts, but others could be solid starters or even stars. We just don't know yet.

Edited by Lilseb93

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I remember the 2007 Dolphins.

I think the 2019 Dolphins is worse.

Well now I know you are just irrationally pessimistic on the 2019 roster, as is.  Ronnie Brown and Vernon Carey may be the only two guys on the 2007 squad that would get PT on the 2019 one (and Ronnie only played 7 games that year).  I'm not counting Chris Chambers because he was traded during the season.  Those LBs and DBs are the things of nightmares.

So we have to play Rosen this year, right? I mean what's the point of trading for him if he's just going to sit on the bench? Especially if there's a great QB class next year. We need to know what we have in him. Is Rosen enough to stop us from drafting a QB next year? I really don't want to trade a 2nd rounder for a what if and then use a first rounder next year on a QB when we have so many needs. If we're doing this, Rosen needs to be our guy. 

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Well now I know you are just irrationally pessimistic on the 2019 roster, as is.  Ronnie Brown and Vernon Carey may be the only two guys on the 2007 squad that would get PT on the 2019 one (and Ronnie only played 7 games that year).  I'm not counting Chris Chambers because he was traded during the season.  Those LBs and DBs are the things of nightmares.

You should count Chambers, though, because Chambers was on the roster at this point in the season. Rather unfair to compare a fully healthy offseason team to one that was decimated and players were traded due to it being clear it was a lost year. 2007 also had Jason Taylor (who had an 11 sack campaign), Zach Thomas (injured in game 5), Trent Green (injured in game 5), Yeremiah Bell (looked like a good upcoming safety until he got hurt in game 1), Joey Porter (went on to have a 17.5 sack year the year after). You forgot quite a few notable names on that list.

The roster was bad but ultimately fell 1-15 due to getting battered by injuries and the intentional decision to tank after the poor start.

10 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

The difference is this team has a lot of young players are who still growing. They aren't bad because they are full of old overpaid vets who are either injured or suck. That's how I remember the 2007 Dolphins. A team with absolutely no direction or clue. They are bad this year because most of the roster is young and going through growing pains with a new brand new coach. Some of these guys may end up busts, but others could be solid starters or even stars. We just don't know yet.

The 2007 roster had some veterans brought in (Porter and Trent Green), but also had a lot of youth that people were high on.

Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, Ronnie Brown, Vernon Carey,  and Yeremiah Bell were all considered rising young players. In addition to adding starters in the draft in Ted Gin, Drew Mormino, and Samson Satelle.

7 minutes ago, Lilseb93 said:

So we have to play Rosen this year, right? I mean what's the point of trading for him if he's just going to sit on the bench? Especially if there's a great QB class next year. We need to know what we have in him. Is Rosen enough to stop us from drafting a QB next year? I really don't want to trade a 2nd rounder for a what if and then use a first rounder next year on a QB when we have so many needs. If we're doing this, Rosen needs to be our guy. 

Yeah, this seems odd to me on the Dolphins end.  I don't see Rosen performing any better on an equally, if not more-so, terrible Dolphins team.  So you are more than likely not gonna be able to get good, solid and reliable film from Rosen headed into a potentially strong QB class.

But I guess its worth a shot.  Who knows.  I don't think it would be that bad if they still took a QB first next year, although not ideal.  Panthers took Clausen in the 2nd and then took Cam Newton in the 1st the following year.  And at least its "only" a 2nd.

Plus, Rosen starting over Ryan Fitzpatrick?  He's guaranteed to get hurt.

Edited by iknowcool

20 minutes ago, Dolphinmeister said:

The way Rosen is reacting to the Murry pick Rosen may not fit Flores mental attitude toward team and not I.

This is ridiculous. Him unfollowing an instagram account means that he doesn't have a team attitude? This guy has been attending voluntary team, fielding questions about these rumors, and been going through hell for months because of it. He's had to listen to the GM and Head Coach for months calling him the guy, only for them to pick another QB with the #1 overall pick. With an organization being snakes to him for months, he's not allowed to be the tiniest bit petty? 

Rosen has been nothing but first class this entire process. It makes me even more pissed that we're getting rid of him. He's just a guy with a chip on his shoulder

Edited by LuckyNumber11
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, MosEisley said:

Fins should pick their guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds tonight and offer a 4th for Rosen. ARZ outsmarted themselves thinking they could get a 1st round pick for Rosen.

That's how I feel. I want a lineman or a CB in the 2nd round. I don't think Arizona has a lot of leverage here. 

9 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

You should count Chambers, though, because Chambers was on the roster at this point in the season. Rather unfair to compare a fully healthy offseason team to one that was decimated and players were traded due to it being clear it was a lost year. 2007 also had Jason Taylor (who had an 11 sack campaign), Zach Thomas (injured in game 5), Trent Green (injured in game 5), Yeremiah Bell (looked like a good upcoming safety until he got hurt in game 1), Joey Porter (went on to have a 17.5 sack year the year after). You forgot quite a few notable names on that list.

The roster was bad but ultimately fell 1-15 due to getting battered by injuries and the intentional decision to tank after the poor start.

You never specified "offseason roster", but merely stated this roster is the worst nfl roster you have ever seen.  

I did indeed forget JT, as I thought he was dealt prior to 2007, not 2008.  My bad.  Zach was one of my top 3 favorite Fins of all-time, but he wasn't even close to the same player in 2007, due to the injuries that had been piling up at that point.  Porter was trash in 2007.  He was like 2017 Kiko Alonso.  Trent Green was garbage when he came to the Fins due to concussions.  Bell was simply meh.  I will give you JT, though.  He still had some left in the tank.

2 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

This is ridiculous. Him unfollowing an instagram account means that he doesn't have a team attitude? This guy has been attending voluntary team, fielding questions about these rumors, and been going through hell for months because of it. He's had to listen to the GM and Head Coach for months calling him the guy, only for them to pick another QB with the #1 overall pick. With an organization being snakes to him for months, he's not allowed to be the tiniest bit petty? 

Yeah, I'm not sure you could reasonably expect a guy to handle the situation much better.  The social media unfollowing is a non-issue.

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Honestly, I think the whole Rosen has an attitude thing is overblown. How much evidence of this is there? People make him out to be an immature monster like he's the next Jay Cutler or something. How many of his former coaches and teammates have called him out? The only people I see criticizing him are TV analysts and writers with their "sources."