Kiwibrown

No. 80 browns select Sione Takitaki

Posted (edited)

Awkward kirksey announces his replacement.

Edited by Kiwibrown

Underwhelming. Will be at least special teams good in the 1st year.

Posted (edited)

Guys... this is a really good player...

On 3/15/2019 at 4:24 AM, Mind Character said:

Two of my favorite 5th round or later targets are:

1.) Sione Takitaki, LB BYU: Plays every game from start to finish as if the fate of the world depended on his effort and play-making. Efficient and fluid mover, urgent athlete with flexibility for dynamic movements, good instincts. Play quickness and Technique are tremendous. True culture leader and infectious football character and play passion. Simply put... he's a high level play-maker. Weaknesses: Because he goes all out, when he misses a play he misses big. Not an elite speed athlete. Pass coverage is either a grand slam play or an epic strikeout. Probably goes in the 6th round.

Tremendous turn around in his life.... went from suspended, trouble-maker, off the team, to a team captain... he is the life and energy of the defense.

Has athletic deficiencies and should've been drafted later. I still had him as my 29th rated player b/c of the intangibles and passion and competitive fight splash plays.

He went a lot earlier than I thought and I thought he might fit better in a 34ILB.

He's a SAM with athletic limitations but really a 43 MLB allowing shobert to move to WLB thus protecting Taakitaki's limitations.

Edited by Mind Character

All the FO guys said they were going to take special teams in consideration this year 

From the Youtube clips of him vs. Wisconsin it looks like he rushes a lot of the time. Wouldn't shock me if we use him in the same way as Avery while Kirksey and Schobert get to stay home. 

Likely a reserve this year, we know Kirksy and Schobert start, the other spot will likely be either Avery or Taylor, with whichever doesn't start seeing good time as a reserve along with this rookie.

I think John Dorsey forced a linebacker pick a little bit there. I think he’s actually decent player and will help out on special teams. But he’s probably not a mid third round value, and I think we could have just gone best player available a bit more there. Likely he would’ve been there a bit later as well.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think John Dorsey forced a linebacker pick a little bit there. I think he’s actually decent player and will help out on special teams. But he’s probably not a mid third round value, and I think we could have just gone best player available a bit more there. Likely he would’ve been there a bit later as well.

If he’s a special teams stud that can be a rotational piece, I’m happy.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If he’s a special teams stud that can be a rotational piece, I’m happy.

Man but there were LEGIT STARTERS on the board 

A lot of kind words on Twitter, Bobby Wagner ceiling

Highsmith said they wanted speed, they got it

Sparq 129 73% for his position. Plus athlete at least, could be a sideline to sideline guy.

@mistakey