> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

YGM's older brother died at age 12 by getting struck by lightning. That's crazy. Also lost his dad at age 2 in a boating accident. Jesus. His life is a final destination movie. Also, he's my DE2.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

YGM's older brother died at age 12 by getting struck by lightning. That's crazy. Also lost his dad at age 2 in a boating accident. Jesus. His life is a final destination movie. Also, he's my DE2.

What do you think his value is? And who who do you have ahead of him? I feel like a lot of people do not like him and I know everyone would hate it but he's a darkhorse pick for the Eagles to me. 

23 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

What do you think his value is? And who who do you have ahead of him? I feel like a lot of people do not like him and I know everyone would hate it but he's a darkhorse pick for the Eagles to me. 

He goes late first. I woudlnt draft him though because we don't have a real dline coach. 

Edited by ninjapirate

15 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If we addressed WR at all, YGM would probably be on the shortlist of picks. He has a lot going for him. But needs developing.

see i still wouldnt put it pass the eagles to take a DL. Howie loves DL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

see i still wouldnt put it pass the eagles to take a DL. Howie loves DL. 

Sorry meant shortlist for me, yeah he's probably on Howie's regardless.
Especially if he doesn't dig Mims/Jefferson/Reagor at #21.

It makes sense at least. Unknown if DB will step up and next year is his last year. BG will be slowly transitioned to a 3rd DE over the next couple years.
And we haven't signed that 3rd guy yet to fill Vinny's role. Sweat showed promise but is he comfortably that guy?

You draft YGM, give him a year to be a situational rusher...has more speed than the others. 
He can develop this year and take over next year as BG moves into that 3rd DE role for at least a year.

It's not a pick worth revolting over. But makes us have to trade up probably in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Sorry meant shortlist for me, yeah he's probably on Howie's regardless.
Especially if he doesn't dig Mims/Jefferson/Reagor at #21.

It makes sense at least. Unknown if DB will step up and next year is his last year. BG will be slowly transitioned to a 3rd DE over the next couple years.
And we haven't signed that 3rd guy yet to fill Vinny's role. Sweat showed promise but is he comfortably that guy?

You draft YGM, give him a year to be a situational rusher...has more speed than the others. 
He can develop this year and take over next year as BG moves into that 3rd DE role for at least a year.

It's not a pick worth revolting over. But makes us have to trade up probably in the 2nd. 

We also have Avery and Miller for De. We spent resources on these guys hopefully they do something.

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

We also have Avery and Miller for De. We spent resources on these guys hopefully they do something.

Yeah I don't really know what their plan for Avery is. Hope they get creative.
Miller I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ever does anything. 

It's not a need this year and maybe next year too. But makes sense to think about it.
I think with how Vinny finished the year, signing him to a two year deal would be a fine band aid. And we can look for one next draft.

26 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I don't really know what their plan for Avery is. Hope they get creative.
Miller I'd be pleasantly surprised if he ever does anything. 

It's not a need this year and maybe next year too. But makes sense to think about it.
I think with how Vinny finished the year, signing him to a two year deal would be a fine band aid. And we can look for one next draft.

Well, it seems to me that the thought process with him is the same with Ostman. They allegedly wanted to use him as a standing pass rusher in special packages.