> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Danny Watkins was a Reid pick. Agholor was a Chip pick. The others... eh I can't defend him on Marcus Smith.

True on Agholor.

But, I'm not so sure on Watkins not being Howie's fault (at least somewhat).

On the day the Eagles drafted the then 26-year old, Andy Reid called Watkins “as good of a football player as there was in the draft.” Said that he received glowing reviews from just about everyone in the building, including Howie Roseman.

“Howie had this guy, right from the get-go, at the top. This was a guy that he really wanted and liked,” said Reid. [This, by the way, seems to run counter to Jeffrey Lurie‘s claim that “The mistakes that were made in the 2011 draft have little or nothing to do with Howie’s evaluations.”]

https://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013/08/29/eagles-wake-up-call-wither-the-2011-draft-class/

The value pick is Shenault.
If you read me before you know I think he is on par with Lamb.

Jeudy is #1 and Ruggs is Heyward-Bey 2.0.
Mims, Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Pittman and the like are not future #1's.
Oddly enough, I think Pittman has the best chance some time down the road.

There are three top WR's:  Jeudy, Lamb and Shenault. 
The latter is most interesting because he is coming off an injury and can't be re-inspected due to circumstances.
It reminds me of the Jerry Rice situation, although, by all accounts, he's not a Jerry Rice.

I think the Eagles are willing to risk picking a guy coming off an injury.
They did it with Sidney Jones, albeit a different injury and a different expectation.
He is the only receiver after Jeudy and Lamb who could become a #1.

Shenault is unstoppable at the top of his game.
His 4.58 while injured belies his game speed.
His catch radius is underestimated as it is measured by his physique and not his desire nor his positioning ability (which separates him from a guy like Ruggs).

Man, I wish we could all get a second look at him, and in some ways I'm glad we can't.
I still have my eggs in this basket.

• Like 1

Other guys I really like:

Shane Lemieux - I think the plan is to move Seumalo to center after Kelce.
That means LG is the position to fill.
Everyone is mocking Hennesey from Temple to the Eagles on the premise that they need a center and that Philly will draft a Philly guy.  I call BS.
Seumalo is the future center and Herbig is the safety net.
The next LG will be drafted high and Pryor is his insurance.
His combination of short term quickness, off the ball power and understanding of rush schemes would make him the ideal partner to Andre Dillard on the left side.

Alton Robinson - He looks like a prototypical starting LDE in a couple of years.
He plays the run well, chases with good acumen and can pressure the passer, although he is not a sack machine.
He could even move inside on passing downs after he adds weight.
He reminds me of Vinny Curry.

Evan Weaver - By all accounts, he is a standard two down LB.  However, he could be more.
His motor reminds me of Jared Allen.  In fact, he could convert to DE with more weight and more weight training.
In the interim, his ability to pursue based on visual cues and knowledge of the game could make him a more than serviceable LB.
He reads the play better than any LB in the draft.  He is Vontaze Burfict minus the penalties.

Justin Strnad - He is a guy who can move in all four directions.
If the Eagles want speed he gains it by being one step faster based on his reads.
He both explodes to the hole and drops adequately in coverage.
He can also play sideline to sideline.
He does have issues shedding blocks, but can overcome that with more upper body strength.
He isn't going to be a day one or even a day two pick, most likely.
So, getting him on day three would be a boon.

6 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

The value pick is Shenault.
If you read me before you know I think he is on par with Lamb.

Jeudy is #1 and Ruggs is Heyward-Bey 2.0.
Mims, Reagor, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Pittman and the like are not future #1's.
Oddly enough, I think Pittman has the best chance some time down the road.

There are three top WR's:  Jeudy, Lamb and Shenault. 
The latter is most interesting because he is coming off an injury and can't be re-inspected due to circumstances.
It reminds me of the Jerry Rice situation, although, by all accounts, he's not a Jerry Rice.

I think the Eagles are willing to risk picking a guy coming off an injury.
They did it with Sidney Jones, albeit a different injury and a different expectation.
He is the only receiver after Jeudy and Lamb who could become a #1.

Shenault is unstoppable at the top of his game.
His 4.58 while injured belies his game speed.
His catch radius is underestimated as it is measured by his physique and not his desire nor his positioning ability (which separates him from a guy like Ruggs).

Man, I wish we could all get a second look at him, and in some ways I'm glad we can't.
I still have my eggs in this basket.

I like Shenault but there's about a zero percent chance this dude can hold up over a 17 game season - that kills his value and his ability to be a #1 wide receiver, IMO. 

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Jefferson fills the same role Zach Ertz does in an offense. Do you need two of those guys? not really.

No...He may line up in the same area as Ertz but Jefferson is more intermediate to deep. Ertz is usually within 10 yard (except when you need the first on 4th down) 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm basically all out on Shenault. I'd take him at 103 maybe. All in on Reagor.

I like Reagor. We have to get another WR fairly early again though. My like isn’t contingent on that but my ideal scenario would be trade down, get Reagor, one of the 2nd round safeties and another 2nd/3rd tier WRs. 

15 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I like Reagor. We have to get another WR fairly early again though. My like isn’t contingent on that but my ideal scenario would be trade down, get Reagor, one of the 2nd round safeties and another 2nd/3rd tier WRs. 

Reagor and Pittman?

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Reagor and Pittman?

Wouldn’t hate it. Would rather get a discounted Duvernay. I think we need some slot battle this year. 

Somehow get a combo of one of Reagor/Jefferson/Higgins but only after a trade down. Then Duggar/Winfield/Chinn and then Duvernay/Pittman/Van. I’m happy.