> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I doubt we go defensive in round 1. We added Slay, Hargrave, NRC, Jatavis brown, and Will Parks. We also re-signed Mills, McLeod, and Ridgeway. Lost Nigel and Jenkins. 

On offense we lost Peters, Vaitai, Howard, Agholor. We signed nobody to potentially replace them.

We're 100% taking an OL (Probably an OT) and 75% taking a DE  at some point, but probably not round 1. 

I think/hope we trade up for Jeudy (or Lamb)

I think Goedert would be TE1 in this draft, easily. We might need to package him up to the Jets. His trade value is probably considerably better than Barnett's as of right now. He'd possibly be the #4 or #5 receiving TE in the NFL if he started for NYJ, and the #3 overall TE after Kittle and Kelce.

#21 + Goedert for Lamb or Jeudy? Would you be opposed?

Can we trade Ertz instead?

Apparently theres chatter the browns want to move down for Ezra Cleveland

It's the browns and they've made trade down moves before obviously.  In addition, iits a front office we've done buisness with in the past.  I think that's the spot where you would see us go get Lamb. Right above the Jets and the Raiders.

Now would you trade our 1 this year, a mid round pick, and our 1 next year to do it?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Can we trade Ertz instead?

Good question, not sure I would trade for that contract, unless I was a piece or two away. Teams like: NE (prior to losing everyone), NO, Maybe BoB in Houston, Buffalo. 

I can't see Miami or someone with space/assets just taking on his contract a player who's going to be 30 with a lot of usage. 

Just now, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

It's the browns and they've made trade down moves before obviously.  In addition, iits a front office we've done buisness with in the past.  I think that's the spot where you would see us go get Lamb. Right above the Jets and the Raiders.

Now would you trade our 1 this year, a mid round pick, and our 1 next year to do it?

Pass. 

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Pass. 

Why, not agreeing or disagreeing, just want to hear opinions

I'm just putting ideas together, with the report Howie is aggressively looking to grab Ceedee and that the Browns are looking to move down, and that would be in the area we'd need to get Lamb(above NYJ and OAK), and we've done buisness before

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Why, not agreeing or disagreeing, just want to hear opinions

Not interested in giving up picks in 2021 when this current roster hasn't stepped on the field....with the rash of injuries we had the last couple years. To turn things around and expect an injury free football team for 2020 in asinine iyam. You build through the draft, not having a first next year could be detrimental 

9 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Good question, not sure I would trade for that contract, unless I was a piece or two away. Teams like: NE (prior to losing everyone), NO, Maybe BoB in Houston, Buffalo. 

I can't see Miami or someone with space/assets just taking on his contract a player who's going to be 30 with a lot of usage. 

Never underestimate a bad front office or an owner looking to sell tickets

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81

6 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

It’s been an interesting day for these rumors. Feel like there should be far less actual reports out there with no “cousin’s friend who work at the facility” overhearing something.

Like if I’m Cleveland I want that out there to get the teams above them to back off on price to move up. For awhile I figured they would pop up to #7 and then the Panthers would move down again after that.

Either way if there is a motivated seller at #10, maybe we can move up and not ship too much out.

I dunno man. Andrew Berry probably knows not to tangle with Howie. 

“I did work under probably the strongest wheeler-dealer in the league under [Eagles GM] Howie Roseman and it’s something that you always pick up the phone and you listen to anything across the table.”

If I’m Berry, I HAVE to win whatever deal that’s considered. And if I’m Howie, that ain’t happening with my padawan. 

9 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Not interested in giving up picks in 2021 when this current roster hasn't stepped on the field....with the rash of injuries we had the last couple years. To turn things around and expect an injury free football team for 2020 in asinine iyam. You build through the draft, not having a first next year could be detrimental 

I wouldn’t really say we need to turn things around though. We need a competent secondary (which has already been worked on) more production from the DTs and DEs (which should happen with Hargrave + the DBs being better) and most importantly good WRs for Carson to throw to. 
We’ve made the playoffs the last 3 years, our Division didn’t really get any better and is worst in the league. If you can get a difference maker at WR and follow it up with a couple other guys later we could very easily be in the 11-12 win range next year. 

I agree though I don’t want to trade a #1next year and our 1st for one guy. The only guy I’d really consider doing that + whatever is if The Skins moved down with a team moving up for Tua and then the Lions were shopping Chase Young. Which isn’t happening.

Now our 2nd round + 2021 1st to move into the back of round 1...maybe. Certainly would be nice to double dip. 

but I’ll trade our 2nd next year in a heartbeat if it means we can trade up for a WR and not have to send #53.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I wouldn’t really say we need to turn things around though. We need a competent secondary (which has already been worked on) more production from the DTs and DEs (which should happen with Hargrave + the DBs being better) and most importantly good WRs for Carson to throw to. 
We’ve made the playoffs the last 3 years, our Division didn’t really get any better and is worst in the league. If you can get a difference maker at WR and follow it up with a couple other guys later we could very easily be in the 11-12 win range next year. 

I agree though I don’t want to trade a #1next year and our 1st for one guy. The only guy I’d really consider doing that + whatever is if The Skins moved down with a team moving up for Tua and then the Lions were shopping Chase Young. Which isn’t happening.

Now our 2nd round + 2021 1st to move into the back of round 1...maybe. Certainly would be nice to double dip. 

but I’ll trade our 2nd next year in a heartbeat if it means we can trade up for a WR and not have to send #53.

You are certainly more optimistic than I about the future of this team. IMO we've peaked, long consecutive playoff runs and injuries will be the achilles of this team from having multiple chips. 

Edited by nlesthought