2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Yeah I’d be a fan of adding another defensive back in the first.  Especially if they’re the type who can play multiple spots.  Slot, free, strong (antiquated I know but you get the point) as well as some ILB.  

I don’t know if Delpit is that guy, but even if he’s not and he’s the best player available you take him.

I feel like picking 30th overall is the time you avoid need and go strictly BPA.  If Delpit is there you take him.  

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Ugh Fromm's got so much helium it's insane. Like him as a person and a leader, but my line of thinking is, "What's a good round to grab a high-end backup?"

So, like Round 4 or 5 I guess.

I see your Fromm and raise you a Grant Delpit. If he falls to 30 we have to take him right?

I like Delpit a lot, but is he clearly the best prospect at 30?   Worthy more than likely yes, but the most worthy?   I just don't know about that.

I only brought up Fromm because of how high he was once thought of and how low he might drop.  Limitations are obvious, but there just may be a surprise there at some point.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah I’d be a fan of adding another defensive back in the first.  Especially if they’re the type who can play multiple spots.  Slot, free, strong (antiquated I know but you get the point) as well as some ILB.  

I don’t know if Delpit is that guy, but even if he’s not and he’s the best player available you take him.

I feel like picking 30th overall is the time you avoid need and go strictly BPA.  If Delpit is there you take him.  

Kinda where I'm at too.

Also would bring some more Jaire-like attitude to the defense.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:06 AM, Packerraymond said:

Into the top 6 or so picks of round 2? An extra 4th. A mid 2nd? Probably a 3rd. To move towards the end of round 2, probably a mid round pick and a 2021 1st.

When was the last time the last scenario happened, Mark Ingram?

Igbinoghene at anything after our 1st is an absolute steal. That's a fun one to look at if you like corners.. raw but the attitude is there, the confidence. Man press can locate the ball. The potential is so real. Narrow stance and gets crossed up at times but that's an athlete. He's like a more advanced Shields in his transition.

Bonus: You get to enjoy Derrick Brown.

Oppo-Bonus: Having D Brown on the Lions is only mildly better than Chase Young. Don't cut Linsley hint hint. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You want a rangy, hard-hitting hybrid safety/ILB ? How about Reggie Floyd 6'0" 222,  Virginia Tech.  
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/reggie-floyd/o9kGlq2UnT

I got Floyd on thedraftnetwork site draft machine with the Packers second sixth round pick. A higher pick is far from a guarantee of success (eg Josh Jones, a 2nd rounder) and you could save the highest draft picks for a DL, WR and true ILB.

Another option would be S Jeremy Chinn (currently listed at around the Packers 4th round pick). He is 6'3", 219 and has a chance to be a playmaking ballhawk.  https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jeremy-chinn/LBtJPoKRIv 

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You want a rangy, hard-hitting hybrid safety/ILB ? How about Reggie Floyd 6'0" 222,  Virginia Tech.  
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/reggie-floyd/o9kGlq2UnT

Another option would be S Jeremy Chinn (currently listed at around the Packers 4th round pick). He is 6'3", 219 and has a chance to be a playmaking ballhawk.  https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jeremy-chinn/LBtJPoKRIv 

I got him on thedraftnetwork site draft machine with the Packers second sixth round pick. A higher pick is far from a guarantee of success (eg Josh Jones, a 2nd rounder) and you could save the highest draft picks for a DL, WR and true ILB.

Liked Floyd last year before he returned to va tech

17 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I mean he could bring the Get the Gat dance to Green Bay so there's that.