2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 minute ago, KManX89 said:

With both the Niners and Vikes trading for 1st round picks and the Vikes having a glaring hole at WR with Diggs gone, it's looking rather unlikely Justin Jefferson will be there for us at #30. Damn. 

That was my thought too, until I realized how many other glaring holes the Vikings have, namely CB, OL, DL.

5 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

With both the Niners and Vikes trading for 1st round picks and the Vikes having a glaring hole at WR with Diggs gone, it's looking rather unlikely Justin Jefferson will be there for us at #30. Damn. 

Sure they draft Jefferson?

9 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

There should be enough WRs available throughout the draft, I don't see how WR is the value at 30.  I'd really prefer an OT there instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

There should be enough WRs available throughout the draft, I don't see how WR is the value at 30.  I'd really prefer an OT there instead.

Just looked at 2021 prospects and it looks like OT is very deep in that class. FWIW, Walter Football has 6 OT's going in the first round in their mock. Makes me think Wagner is a stop-gap until next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The WR pool drops considerably after the 1st round. An OT at 30 probably isn't the best value. 

Just now, KManX89 said:

The WR pool drops considerably after the 1st round. An OT at 30 probably isn't the best value. 

It doesn't.  Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs III, Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Laviska Shenault, Jalen Reagor, Brandon Aiyuk, and Tee Higgins are all comfortably top 64 players.  And there's probably a WR or two that probably could jump in there.  There's a ton of WR value in this draft.  And that's not getting into the tier of nice, but flawed WR prospects.

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

Just looked at 2021 prospects and it looks like OT is very deep in that class. FWIW, Walter Football has 6 OT's going in the first round in their mock. Makes me think Wagner is a stop-gap until next year.

I mean, I'm not expecting to get any of the top 4 tackles (Thomas, Becton, Wills, or Wirfs).  But that second tier (Josh Jackson, Austin Jackson, etc.) I think could be in the mix.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm not expecting to get any of the top 4 tackles (Thomas, Becton, Wills, or Wirfs).  But that second tier (Josh Jackson, Austin Jackson, etc.) I think could be in the mix.

...and we've talked to Jones. ...

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

This is where I'm at! Wagner might start two years depending on what happens to Bak. Austin Jackson played LT but needs a lot of polish before he's ready to play. 

• Like 1

How do we feel about Drafttek's mock?

1.30 - Justin Madubuike | IDL | Texas A&M
2.62 - Brandon Aiyuk | WR | Arizona State
3.94 - Jeremy Chinn | SAF | Southern Illinois
4.136 - Willie Gay Jr | LB | Mississippi State (Matt Peart went one pick later)
5.175 - Alex Taylor | OT | South Carolina State
6.192 - Evan Weaver | ILB | California
6.208 - Keith Ismael | IOL | San Diego State
6.209 - James Robinson | RB | Illinois State
7.236 - Lynn Bowden Jr | WR | Kentucky
7.242 - Danny Pinter | IOL | Ball State

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:
2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

It doesn't.  Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs III, Justin Jefferson, Denzel Mims, Laviska Shenault, Jalen Reagor, Brandon Aiyuk, and Tee Higgins are all comfortably top 64 players.  And there's probably a WR or two that probably could jump in there.  There's a ton of WR value in this draft.  And that's not getting into the tier of nice, but flawed WR prospects.

How many of the guys you mentioned do you think will be available at the Packers 2nd round pick (#62) ? 

I'd say none, and I think that was the point @KManX89 was trying to make. If the Packers move up (in round 2) it's a different story of course. I don't expect them to do that...........but they might.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I like the first, third, and sixth pick and that's it...no way Bowden makes it to 236 either...

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Aiyuk and Weaver , im happy. not a fan of Madubuike's size and i dont think Gute is either. we need big, fast dudes on the DL. 

Edited by gopackgo247

4 minutes ago, gopackgo247 said:

Aiyuk and Weaver , im happy. not a fan of Madubuike's size and i dont think Gute is either. we need big, fast dudes on the DL. 

6'3" 293 with a 4.81 40 and 31 combine reps. I think he's plenty big enough. Blacklock is another option there as he went later.