2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

So if 6 OT's are off the board and Reagor's sitting there at 30, do you go WR first?

Picking at 30 should be fascinating. The draft could see the top 5 or 6 OL and WR's gone by pick 30 so the Packers could go ILB or DL or even QB if a Jordan Love or Justin Herbert drop. 

1 hour ago, gizmo2012 said:

Picking at 30 should be fascinating. The draft could see the top 5 or 6 OL and WR's gone by pick 30 so the Packers could go ILB or DL or even QB if a Jordan Love or Justin Herbert drop. 

If Reagor or Jones are off the board by 30, I'd trade back if I could and grab Madubuike or Raekwon Davis.

Just now, Joe said:

If Reagor or Jones are off the board by 30, I'd trade back if I could and grab Madubuike or Raekwon Davis.

Does Reagor still have first round helium? I've seen him around mid-2nd in most everything I've looked at so far. He's someone we could potentially trade up for in the 2nd, not have to use our 1st on.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Does Reagor still have first round helium? I've seen him around mid-2nd in most everything I've looked at so far. He's someone we could potentially trade up for in the 2nd, not have to use our 1st on.

I've seen him all over too. I think McShay had him going in the 20's. I think this is going to be one of those deals where we need to take him a little bit early, much like we did with Adams back in 2014.

22 hours ago, Joe said:

So if 6 OT's are off the board and Reagor's sitting there at 30, do you go WR first?

You're probably barking up the wrong tree.  I like Reagor, I just don't love him.  Don't think he's the WR I'd take at 30.  If I'm going WR at 30, it's Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and maybe Mims.  You could probably convince me into Jefferson too.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, it only takes one to like him.  Not my cup of tea, but we've seen something crazier.  Wouldn't surprise me if he went off the board in that 21-40 range.

As someone who does not follow the draft really well, I have a question for the draft gurus.

If Gute was NOT to acquire a #2 WR in Free Agency, how comfortable would we feel going in just with a draft pick(s) or our current WR's (other than Adams) going into 2020-21? A lot of people here do NOT want us to pick a WR as our 1st round pick. I just don't understand how we can have faith in our current roster and new draft picks given what happened last season at the WR position.

I know Graham was overpaid and under performing but he still was good for 447 yards last season. We don't even have him anymore.

40 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

If we pick up literally no one at WR in free agency we better be grabbing a WR in the 1st/2nd or doubling up in the 3rd + 4th.

Yeah. This team got exposed at WR last year. Not doing anything at FA would be a repeat of last seasons situation.

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Not doing anything at FA would be a repeat of last seasons situation.

yes and no
A lot of fans forget about development from within and you have Lazard, EQ and MVS who all have upside. Like most, I think GB adds somebody from the outside, but I'm pushing back on "a repeat of last season" as being the ceiling for this group

10 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

yes and no
A lot of fans forget about development from within and you have Lazard, EQ and MVS who all have upside. Like most, I think GB adds somebody from the outside, but I'm pushing back on "a repeat of last season" as being the ceiling for this group

But that is exactly what it is. There were high hopes from Allison, MVS and EQ last year and neither stepped up. This year, its Lazard and banking on MVS and EQ for 'further' improvement. None of them are 'stud' WR's that I expect to become #2 WR's this year.

I am not comfortable at all going in to next season with exactly one good wideout in Adams. Both the WR and TE group outside of Adams need significant improvement to make us even a mediocre receiving corps. We benefited immensely last year with how Jones played at RB. If he takes even a small step back this year, our offense is going to be in a real bad shape.

And I know Graham is overpaid and under performed but he had 447 yards last year. 

Edited by fistfullofbeer
Grammar

Just now, fistfullofbeer said:

There were high hopes from Allison, MVS and EQ last year and neither stepped up.

Adams didn't step up right away either, yet here we are.
I'm not suggesting that the Packers shouldn't add talent to the room - I'm just disagreeing that the young guys have already hit their ceiling.
Because they haven't. Year 1 of a new offense and year 1, 2, 3 of being a WR in the NFL = room for improvement

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Adams didn't step up right away either, yet here we are.
I'm not suggesting that the Packers shouldn't add talent to the room - I'm just disagreeing that the young guys have already hit their ceiling.
Because they haven't. Year 1 of a new offense and year 1, 2, 3 of being a WR in the NFL = room for improvement

I get it. Every player has a different ceiling and growth trajectory.

But we need to be very cognizant of the fact that Rodgers will turn 37 this year. He is still very good but I am hard-pressed to call him elite anymore. We need to help him while we still can.

Both of us are pretty much saying the same thing. We feel that the current group has a higher ceiling than what the group last year had. But when I refer to 'situation' I am referring to banking on the younger receivers to step up with the only trust-able WR being Adams. There may be a better chance of the group stepping up this year but Rodgers is a year older and we have no Graham on the roster. Can Tonyan and Jace make up for the loss of even Graham's mediocre production?

I just don't like the overall situation the receiving corps is in.

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I get it. Every player has a different ceiling and growth trajectory.

But we need to be very cognizant of the fact that Rodgers will turn 37 this year. He is still very good but I am hard-pressed to call him elite anymore. We need to help him while we still can.

Both of us are pretty much saying the same thing. We feel that the current group has a higher ceiling than what the group last year had. But when I refer to 'situation' I am referring to banking on the younger receivers to step up with the only trust-able WR being Adams. There may be a better chance of the group stepping up this year but Rodgers is a year older and we have no Graham on the roster. Can Tonyan and Jace make up for the loss of even Graham's mediocre production?

I just don't like the overall situation the receiving corps is in.

Who do you add? Looks like they were in on Sanders but the numbers got away from them/He preferred NO.