2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You're probably barking up the wrong tree.  I like Reagor, I just don't love him.  Don't think he's the WR I'd take at 30.  If I'm going WR at 30, it's Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, and maybe Mims.  You could probably convince me into Jefferson too.

That's how I feel as well. LIS, I think we'll have to reach on him if we want him. 

2 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

If we pick up literally no one at WR in free agency we better be grabbing a WR in the 1st/2nd or doubling up in the 3rd + 4th.

I'm willing to bet that we see that happen even if we DO sign someone in FA. The roster is about to jump by 10 guys IIRC per the new CBA and the salary cap will have to be adjusted to fit that. Now may be a time for us to load up on guys that contribute now, but also guys that can be developed for down the road; we may be able to have our cake and eat it too...

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I think most have some combination of Lamb and Jeudy was their top 2 WRs.  I'd venture a guess that Ruggs is majority of teams' 3rd ranked WR.  But after that, it's probably a preference.  Shenault, Reagor, Jefferson, or Mims is probably next off the board.

Higgins?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Perriman has a career catch % around 50. He's a perfect example of "grass isnt greener" he's MVS but not on our team. Robbie is the same, just over 50%. Is he more seasoned? Sure but MVS is growing with Rodgers and Robbie would still have to build that connection. I dont think Robbie is known for his big smarts either, picking up a new offense might not come year 1. 

Trade might work, takes two to tango. Wish we had an aging RB to trade down to Houston. Shoot I probably give them Jones for Nuk. 

Come on, the Sharks are much more like the Bears, you got a big ol D that can score, but the forwards are all whos? Outside of Kane 😉

This thing can change all the way til week 6 so just give it some time.

Hey come on now. Kane, Hertl, Meier, Couture are all decent top-6 forwards. Problem is that we only have 4 top-6 forwards . The D with Burns and Karlsson is solid but they are both offensive minded D-men with defensive miscues from time to time.

I think part of the problem is that the Pack expects to depend on the draft way too much. They need to be a little aggressive with their trades (Pats, Seahawks, etc.) and also try to fill in positions of obvious weakness using FA. They did the latter last season and our D was significantly better. I was hoping they would be able to spend some money on WR's but I think the market needs to come down a bit.

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Depending on medicals he would be a great fit.     Might be the 3rd best for GB.   Reminds me of Sterling Sharpe.

I agree he's the type we are looking for but injury concerns always get downplayed by fans and analysts.

1 hour ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Hey come on now. Kane, Hertl, Meier, Couture are all decent top-6 forwards. Problem is that we only have 4 top-6 forwards . The D with Burns and Karlsson is solid but they are both offensive minded D-men with defensive miscues from time to time.

I think part of the problem is that the Pack expects to depend on the draft way too much. They need to be a little aggressive with their trades (Pats, Seahawks, etc.) and also try to fill in positions of obvious weakness using FA. They did the latter last season and our D was significantly better. I was hoping they would be able to spend some money on WR's but I think the market needs to come down a bit.

The major problem with the Sharks is pathetic goaltending.  Martin Jones might be the worst starting goalie in the league. 

Agreed on the Packers .. looking like they will stick all their eggs in the draft basket and probably wind up with lackluster returns.

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The major problem with the Sharks is pathetic goaltending.  Martin Jones might be the worst starting goalie in the league. 

Agreed on the Packers .. looking like they will stick all their eggs in the draft basket and probably wind up with lackluster returns.

Agreed on both points. 

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Dubnyk would like a word.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe said:

That's how I feel as well. LIS, I think we'll have to reach on him if we want him.

I don't.  If we want a WR, I think we'd move down from 30 to do so.  Move back a few spots and pick up an extra pick or two.

56 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Dubnyk would like a word.

I don't think Jones was much better till the last half-dozen games or so. Also, Dubnyk is cheaper than Jones and off the books after 20-21. Sharks have Jones signed till 23-24. I would take Dubnyk over Jones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

Higgins?

Don't think he's viewed that highly.  Or at least not as much as draftniks might.  The lack of testing is one thing, but the "excuse" he came up with was disappointing.  He's a Day 2 prospect IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

Shenault is going to fall.

I don't think he's as high as draftniks think he is.  It's excuse after excuse as to why you should value him higher.  At what point are the excuses too much?

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I agree with this.  I don't want to see Dean Lowry and Tyler Lancaster playing mass amounts of snaps on our Dline.  They are below average players and this should be plenty clear to Gute.  Montravious should not be counted on for anything .. he is basically a preaseason teaser.

I 2nd what you just said...….

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think he's as high as draftniks think he is.  It's excuse after excuse as to why you should value him higher.  At what point are the excuses too much?

You don't think he's hurt?  I think his tape is really good.