2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Its a great question and MLF commented that he likens his WR crew to a basketball team with all different sizes, shapes and skills

Its a bad crop of FA WR's and a great crop in the draft. I don't think its crazy we didn't pay for one. There's still gonna be some options at TE/WR available after the draft too. Not time to panic.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Who do you add? Looks like they were in on Sanders but the numbers got away from them/He preferred NO.

I am not sure. But isn't that Gute's problem to fix? You can look at adding Perriman or Anderson. If that does not fit into your budget, you try to trade for a WR.

As a hockey fan, my team (San Jose Sharks), just went through a very identical season as the Packers did. They banked on the prospects a little too much and it bit them in the ***. The Packers did the same this season (on WR) but they had the luxury of Rodgers, Adams and Jones on offense. But the Pack spendt money on D and a great season by the Smiths and the defense helped take us all the way to NFC championship game. A lot of things went right for us last year and I am still not 100% sure if lightning can strike twice in that way.

I guess we wait and find out what happens.

4 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I am not sure. But isn't that Gute's problem to fix? You can look at adding Perriman or Anderson. If that does not fit into your budget, you try to trade for a WR.

As a hockey fan, my team (San Jose Sharks), just went through a very identical season as the Packers did. They banked on the prospects a little too much and it bit them in the ***. The Packers did the same this season (on WR) but they had the luxury of Rodgers, Adams and Jones on offense. But the Pack spendt money on D and a great season by the Smiths and the defense helped take us all the way to NFC championship game. A lot of things went right for us last year and I am still not 100% sure if lightning can strike twice in that way.

I guess we wait and find out what happens.

Perriman has a career catch % around 50. He's a perfect example of "grass isnt greener" he's MVS but not on our team. Robbie is the same, just over 50%. Is he more seasoned? Sure but MVS is growing with Rodgers and Robbie would still have to build that connection. I dont think Robbie is known for his big smarts either, picking up a new offense might not come year 1. 

Trade might work, takes two to tango. Wish we had an aging RB to trade down to Houston. Shoot I probably give them Jones for Nuk. 

Come on, the Sharks are much more like the Bears, you got a big ol D that can score, but the forwards are all whos? Outside of Kane 😉

This thing can change all the way til week 6 so just give it some time.

• Like 1

Davante Adams was asked who he would like for a running mate .. he said Keenan Allen.  Allen is signed thru 2020, but is a free agent next year.  With some major changes in LA with the Chargers moving on from Rivers perhaps Allen is available.

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-davante-adams-says-hed-want-to-play-with-chargers-keenan-allen/

• Like 1

Just now, Scoremore said:

Much more concerned about getting a big bad run stuffing DT.  One area that must be shored up and not with a rookie.  This is the most pressing need we have.

I agree with this.  I don't want to see Dean Lowry and Tyler Lancaster playing mass amounts of snaps on our Dline.  They are below average players and this should be plenty clear to Gute.  Montravious should not be counted on for anything .. he is basically a preaseason teaser.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Davante Adams was asked who he would like for a running mate .. he said Keenan Allen.  Allen is signed thru 2020, but is a free agent next year.  With some major changes in LA with the Chargers moving on from Rivers perhaps Allen is available.

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-news-davante-adams-says-hed-want-to-play-with-chargers-keenan-allen/

No disrespect intended but who cares who Davante Adams wants as a running mate. The correct answer should have been one of his current teammates. Players play, coaches coach, GMs GM and fans pretend we know **** we don't. 

It's the way it is and the way it will always be! 

Here's the personnel groupings by team for 2019

Packers came in at 42 % of the time in 11 personnel with (3) WRs on the field, so its still the most-used individual package
However, the combo of 12, 21 and 22 personnel (with either 2 or 1 WRs)  totals up to 51 % of the time.
That's very different than the offense under the previous regime. Again, I'm not saying don't add to the WR room, but things are different under MLF
By comparison, in 2018 -  GB was in 11 personnel 62 % of the time

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Here's the personnel groupings by team for 2019

Packers came in at 42 % of the time in 11 personnel with (3) WRs on the field, so its still the most-used individual package
However, the combo of 12, 21 and 22 personnel (with either 2 or 1 WRs)  totals up to 51 % of the time.
That's very different than the offense under the previous regime. Again, I'm not saying don't add to the WR room, but things are different under MLF
By comparison, in 2018 -  GB was in 11 personnel 62 % of the time

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

Did we not play WRs because our WRs sucked or do we not have WRs because we don't play WRs? I'm thinking it's more the former. We've been going after pass catchers this offseason.

Edited by Jaegybomb

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't see it. Not in this class. 

I mean, I think most have some combination of Lamb and Jeudy was their top 2 WRs.  I'd venture a guess that Ruggs is majority of teams' 3rd ranked WR.  But after that, it's probably a preference.  Shenault, Reagor, Jefferson, or Mims is probably next off the board.