2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think he's as high as draftniks think he is.  It's excuse after excuse as to why you should value him higher.  At what point are the excuses too much?

What excuse? The guy is 6'2 220 Percy Harvin.

The junior tape is elite and the beginning of this year it was damn good too, he played through the core muscle injury he just got operated on.

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The junior tape is elite and the beginning of this year it was damn good too, he played through the core muscle injury he just got operated on.

Shenault reminds me of C Patterson (who is a 6’2” Percy Harvin. I love the talent and he will have wow plays but I feel like his lack of route running is concerning.

20 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

If we pick up literally no one at WR in free agency we better be grabbing a WR in the 1st/2nd or doubling up in the 3rd + 4th.

With all the top FA WRs gone (thanks, Nawlins), we can't settle for anything less than an immediate contributor in the draft at WR. A project wideout (3rd-4th rounder) would probably just be repeating last year's mistakes (barring a HUGE jump from Lazard/Kumerow/MVS), which we can't afford to do in the waning years of Rodgers' prime, especially with all the top guys who will be FAs after next year. For all we know, this could be our make-or-break year with all our pending FAs.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Harvin may have been one of the most talented WRs ever, so that’s a pretty big statement.

15 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Harvin may have been one of the most talented WRs ever, so that’s a pretty big statement.

Harvin was a talented playmaker more than a WR, was never a great route runner or great over the shoulder ball tracker. He was just downright elite with the ball in his hands. I see Shenault the same way.

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Harvin was a talented playmaker more than a WR, was never a great route runner or great over the shoulder ball tracker. He was just downright elite with the ball in his hands. I see Shenault the same way.

I don’t know if Shenault has demonstrated the same level of athleticism that Harvin did, but he is pretty good after the catch.

14 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

His 2018 tape was better than his 2019 tape, injury or not.  His Combine results were poor even if he was dealing with a core muscle injury.  I'm just not nearly as high on him as you are apparently.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

His 2018 tape was better than his 2019 tape, injury or not.  His Combine results were poor even if he was dealing with a core muscle injury.  I'm just not nearly as high on him as you are apparently.

What Combine results? He ran 1 40 that he pulled up during and was done. 

• Like 1