2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

11 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

What do you guys think about drafting Isaiah Wilson in the second round as a developing RT?

I need to watch more of him, but so far I am impressed.   He has better movement skills than I was expecting.  

There are instances of him pushing so hard to get the edge sealed that he gets beat inside by counter moves, but that isn't too drastic.  If he gets his hands on the rusher its over. I like him better than some of the more talked about prospects such as Jones from Houston.

30 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

What do you guys think about drafting Isaiah Wilson in the second round as a developing RT?

Here's what the McGinn scouts said via The Athletic

Isaiah Wilson, Georgia (6-6 1/2, 350): He renounced his final two years of eligibility. “He is one tough, nasty guy,” one scout said. “He’s the right tackle but I guess you could play him on the left and get by. He needs to learn to use his hands more. He’s strong and really nasty.” He ran the slowest 40 of the top linemen at 5.37 seconds. His arms measured 35 1/2 inches. “I think people are asleep on him,” a second scout said. “He could play on the left side. He’s enormous. He’s just not as clean of a package as Andrew Thomas. Thomas is a cleaner kid. But there’s film of Wilson where he looks every bit as good as Thomas.”

If Gute continues with his pattern of bringing in big receivers then who in the first couple of rounds in the draft should we be keeping an eye on?

Its not a coincidence anymore....ESB, MVS, Lazard, Funchess etc.. I don't think we can ignore this anymore.

Edited by Chili

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

If Gute continues with his pattern of bringing in big receivers then who in the first couple of rounds in the draft should we be keeping an eye on?

Its not a coincidence any more....ESB, MVS, Lazard, Funchess etc.. I don't think we can ignore this anymore.

Claypool

Juwan Johnson

Gandy-Golden

Pittman

Patmon

Victor

Hodgins

49 minutes ago, Chili said:

Its not a coincidence anymore....ESB, MVS, Lazard, Funchess etc.. I don't think we can ignore this anymore.

Add Higgins to the above list if you think we're going there R1

45 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Claypool

Juwan Johnson

Gandy-Golden

Pittman

Patmon

Victor

Hodgins

We met with Patmon at the East-West Shrine Game. He's a late round flier, but you can't miss the fact that we looked at some 5'-10" - 6' guys too.

If Shenault is healthy, he has Davante Adams written all over him which is why I think we like him, but I think MLF is looking for a slightly different body type despite the fact that he wants his receivers to be able to line up anywhere. That considerably narrows the pool and knowing we will need to develop someone, I suspect that's why Quartney Davis and Quintez Cephus are on that list and you know Patmon is definitely on that list. 

Edited by Joe

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

We met with Patmon at the East-West Shrine Game. He's a late round flier, but you can't miss the fact that we looked at some 5'-10" - 6' guys too.

If Shenault is healthy, he has Davante Adams written all over him which is why I think we like him, but I think MLF is looking for a slightly different body type despite the fact that he wants his receivers to be able to line up anywhere. That considerably narrows the pool and knowing we will need to develop someone, I suspect that's why Quartney Davis and Quintez Cephus are on that list and you know Patmon is definitely on that list. 

Never said or hinted that we didn't meet with some smaller sized WR.   Was just answering a question on some of the bigger bodied WR in the 2020 class.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Never said or hinted that we didn't meet with some smaller sized WR.   Was just answering a question on some of the bigger bodied WR in the 2020 class.

Oh I know that, I was just saying that we're not only zoned in on guys 6-4 and over.

Edited by Joe

1 hour ago, Joe said:

If Cephus didn't go to Wisconsin, we wouldn't be talking about him right now.

• Like 1