2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

K.  I agree with that.

Do you see any of those OT's being available in round two if we trade down 5-10 spots?

My best case scenario would be to trade down a little, still grab and OT with our first pick, then use some of that draft capital to move back up and take one of the higher ranked WR's.

Curious if you feel like any of those OT's could slide a little, or if we just need to stay where we are at and grab one of them.

My general rule of thumb is that first round talents at premium spots don't slide. If you want the OT, you're going to have to take him at 30 or earlier.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not with that speed. I could actually see Judy fall which would be a crime since his routes remind me of Jerry Rice. Not the fastest, biggest or quickest but damn, he’s always open. 

Jeudy ran a 4.45 vs. Rice's 4.62. I get the route comparison, but speed is nowhere close.

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

This WR class is way too strong to pick a project like Claypool IMO. Pass unless he's there at 94.

He won't be there at 94. I could see him going to Minny at pick 50.

14 hours ago, Jaegybomb said:

Justin Jefferson

We've visited with Jefferson, too bad he probably won't be there at 30...

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/justin-jefferson?id=32194a45-4626-9287-c454-479b942cbd26

Check the comp., I bet McCarthy trades back from 17 and picks him later in the 1st.

Agree that OT's normally don't slide too much.

I am concerned that picking at 30 we will not have a 1st round talent OT available to pick.   Do we pass on better players for the premium position?   Get a better player at a different premium position?

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Guys, were not drafting a receiver 1st round WR when there are 6 1st round caliber OT prospects and 3 1st round caliber DT prospects.

A bit irrelevant when there is absolutely zero chance 4 OTs and 2 DTs are available at 30.

You're down to 2 OTs and 1 DT. Don't see your point? The OTs are even 50/50, lot of mocks have Josh Jones and Austin Jackson gone by 30.

You taking Ezra Cleveland over Justin Jefferson/Jalen Raegor? Strictly due to position.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

A bit irrelevant when there is absolutely zero chance 4 OTs and 2 DTs are available at 30.

You're down to 2 OTs and 1 DT. Don't see your point? The OTs are even 50/50, lot of mocks have Josh Jones and Austin Jackson gone by 30.

You taking Ezra Cleveland over Justin Jefferson/Jalen Raegor? Strictly due to position.

If, God forbid, all 9 big guys are gone by 30, you trade back. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If, God forbid, all 9 big guys are gone by 30, you trade back. 

Can any of those DTs play in our system? Seem like 4-3 UT penetrators. I'd be high on all of them if we wanted our DL upfield. I don't see a Clark skillset in any of them.

Rather just take the WR if Jones/Jackson is off the board and pick between Raekwon and Hamilton from OSU, or the 2nd round OTs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maybe for other teams, not for us. Dude's short.

and he sucks at run defense. Click on Marino's anaylsis...

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/neville-gallimore

Zierlein's a bit nicer, but only a bit...

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/neville-gallimore?id=32194741-4c63-6611-9d1e-0291de0dd367

Simply put, he's a smaller version of Blacklock and like your mom, he "Ends up on the ground too often"

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Maybe for other teams, not for us. Dude's short.

He's 6'2 and has 32 3/4 arms which are not that short. That compares favorably to Mike Daniels. Inch shorter than Clark but arm is 1/2 of an inch longer so it's a wash. 

20 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He's 6'2 and has 32 3/4 arms which are not that short. That compares favorably to Mike Daniels. Inch shorter than Clark but arm is 1/2 of an inch longer so it's a wash. 

We got Mike Daniels up out of here because he was too short and worn down to move laterally. 

Clark is a NT. Length still matters there but to a lesser extent.  Gallimore would be a DE, where he would have to show better lateral skills. 

Clark also wasn't a Pettine choice and is a freak in a lot of ways. Gallimore doesn't show that tremendous strength and lateral skill at size, and that's as an SR5.

• Like 1

With the DL, we just have to hope that Gute signs some useful guy and Keke shows some improvements, 'cos we ain't getting anything of value in this draft that will contribute on year 1. It's either WR or OT with the 1st pick. Hopefully there's some OTs left by the 30th pick.