2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

Just now, CWood21 said:

If Cephus didn't go to Wisconsin, we wouldn't be talking about him right now.

Totally agreed. I don't like him as a prospect at all. I don't even think he's draftable TBH.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, as a Day 3 prospect you could do worse.  But he's not going to be a great WR in the NFL.

I understand that, but the dude has no burst whatsoever. He's like that Peavy guy they had not too long ago: great possession receiver at the college level, but can't transfer that to the pros. 

He's got ridiculously small hands for a receiver too...

47 minutes ago, tttmikeb said:

What are you all looking for in terms of skillset for CB's for this team? Size? Speed? Physicality? Man vs. Zone skills?

Man skills are required but it's not like we dont play zone. Beyond that, I dont care how you get it done just get it done. There's room for the bigger guys and the smaller ones. Variety doesnt hurt. The nickle body is a larger need than maybe everyone is letting on though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cannondale said:

Based on this, Reagor is the one that stands out. The only guy that is always in the top 3 in most of the categories and the one he ranks owest for, 7th, is about being an outside guy.

22 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Typical thinking of many draft 'experts' that assume we MUST get a WR in round one. In reality, I don't think we go ILB or WR in round one. I'd plump for drafting the lines, O line/D line, at least one of them and quite possibly both in rounds 1/2.

Every year the experts have a bunch of smaller skill position players going in the 1st. And every year the run on big people begins and the experts fall on their face.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

What would everyone’s thoughts be on taking Jonathon Taylor in RD1?

Not in 100 years. You either draft a fattie, a QB or a DB in the 1st. The RBs I would consider drafting with the 30th pick are the ones that are always taken in the top 10.