2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

20 minutes ago, Redt said:

I feel better about Epenesa, but yeah, probably. What I really want is a trade back and get a combination of Raekwon Davis, Reagor or Shenault, Trevon Diggs or Antoine Winfield Jr. with our first three picks.

If you can do that without adding a future I'm signing up to fire gute

Edited by festiveonion
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Redt said:

I feel better about Epenesa, but yeah, probably. What I really want is a trade back and get a combination of Raekwon Davis, Reagor or Shenault, Trevon Diggs or Antoine Winfield Jr. with our first three picks.

Epenesa is probably off GBs board with that RAS.

• Like 1

I've done as much RB research as I could. For me I think there are four distinct tiers. Within those four tiers sorting out who's best to worst is next to impossible. They all bring some good things and some bad things. I also watched interview tapes to get a feel for their personalities and how well they articulate their words and I used that to influence the tiers somewhat. Its just one little aspect of evaluating a player but I think its an important one.

TIER ONE: D'Andre Swift, Cam Akers and Jonathan Taylor

Swift is probably the safest pick and he can do everything very well. I think Akers could easily end up being the best of the lot, he does everything so naturally and fluidly. Taylor is a physical beast, when he runs he reminds me of T-1000. He's a machine. When it came to personality, out of those three I thought Taylor stood out the most. Akers surprised me at how reserved he was despite his big personality on the field - not necessarily a bad thing. Swift didn't move the needle either way.

TIER TWO: JK Dobbins and Clyde Edwards-Helaire 

Initially I actually did not like Dobbins. It took me a while to come around to him. I thought he displayed poor balance when changing direction but that's really just his running style and he doesn't actually fall down. He's very capable of finding his way though traffic but he isn't going to win any footraces. Despite the lack of long speed he does do alot of thing well. CEH is one of my favourite players in the RB draft class but I had to be careful not to have my blinkers on. I love his bowling ball running style showing excellent elusiveness and burst. His ability to catch the ball out of the backfield is probably the best out of the entire draft class. BUT....he's not amazing running through the middle, he makes alot of outside runs and that for me dropped him a notch down to the second tier.

TIER THREE:  Darrynton Evans and Scottie Phillips

I really liked these two. Evans is a one cut runner with good speed and agility to work his way through traffic. The downside is he's a little slight and currently lacks physicality in his game. Phillips is comparable to Dobbins in the fact he's lacks the long speed but does everything else well. What dropped Phillips were two things...1. his college production is so-so and 2. his personality. There's a youtube video about Phillips and it had comments from his coaches and teammates. They all said the same thing about how he's a very quiet individual but a very talented player. You could see that they were uncomfortable about the fact he's so quiet. I don't think his quietness is a good thing and it will make it hard for him to fit into camaraderie of the dressing room especially in the highly competitive atmosphere of the NFL.

TIER FOUR: Eno Benjamin, Xavier Jones, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Zach Moss, James Robinson

All of these guys have some talent but also comes with some flaws. I think Benjamin has vision issues, Vaughn seems solid but unremarkable, Jones and Moss lacks burst and variety to their games,  Robinson isn't particularly quick or agile. In terms of personality Eno Benjamin is very articulate and comes across really impressively.

In terms of fit for LaFleur's offensive system I think its Taylor, Evans and Benjamin with their strong north/south running styles. However I would love for us to draft Akers as I think he can do anything.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

DT's above an 8.00 RAS this year:

Khalil Davis Nebraska 9.81 Player Page
Jason Strowbridge North Carolina 9.48 Player Page
T.J. Smith Arkansas 9.38 Player Page
Justin Madubuike Texas AM 9.32 Player Page
Robert Windsor Penn State 8.68 Player Page
Carlos Davis Nebraska 8.64 Player Page
McTelvin Agim Arkansas 8.55 Player Page
James Lynch Baylor 8.49 Player Page
Malcolm Roach Texas 8.43 Player Page

Does anyone jump out here?

cool clip of Strowbridge here via Ben Fennell

• Like 2

Just now, festiveonion said:

oof

I felt he was quite undersized but I did credit him with the fact he's surprisingly quite capable of shaking off tackles despite his size and has a nice gliding running style but unfortunately he get stuffed way too often for my liking. I didn't see alot of receiving ability from him either.

I'll tell you who I considered undraftable: Raymond Calais, Michael Warren and Joshua Kelly.

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

I guess I agree with this I just don’t like Gallimore I’m the first when I think we can probably get the same player in the 2nd or many be even the 3rd. 

Do you think a guy like Gallimore, Madabuke or Blacklock are better value in the first than Roquan Davis or Jordan Elliott in the 2nd?

I’m not digging you, just seriously want to know  your opinion.

Blacklock is the best of these 5 by a tier. 

Madabuke is my second with the understanding there's serious bust potential.

Gallimore I don't think is a scheme fit.

Davis is a run plug

I think Elliott doesn't have an adequate anchor.