Jump to content
steelcurtain29

Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

Recommended Posts

given that show had 47k viewers last week, i'm sure it'll jump up to 50 next week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Love it as long as he is a Fox employee and gets to say what he wants

yeah right, this is the same company that won't allow crowd members to wear aew shirts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah right, this is the same company that won't allow crowd members to wear aew shirts 

Fox doesnt allow crowd members to wear aew shirts? Pretty sure they dont have that control

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

Fox doesnt allow crowd members to wear aew shirts? Pretty sure they dont have that control

lol ok boomer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would guess he’d have a decent amount of freedom. First, he’s a Fox employee that had plenty of leverage during negotiations. And second, he’s a desperation move to try to draw eyes. He couldn’t have more power because that show was already dying and he enters as pretty much the only chance to salvage it.

Could easily be the first step towards him wrestling a couple more matches, but also wouldn’t be surprised to see him just cash some checks, talk wrestling and take a few shots at the E every episode while never stepping foot in the ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if someone can find 2 tickets to NXT tonight i'll give you 10 likes

usually they're never sold out, lately they've been selling out like 5 days before hand 

Edited by FinneasGage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I would guess he’d have a decent amount of freedom. First, he’s a Fox employee that had plenty of leverage during negotiations. And second, he’s a desperation move to try to draw eyes. He couldn’t have more power because that show was already dying and he enters as pretty much the only chance to salvage it.

Could easily be the first step towards him wrestling a couple more matches, but also wouldn’t be surprised to see him just cash some checks, talk wrestling and take a few shots at the E every episode while never stepping foot in the ring.

I truly think this fox employee thing is being really overblown. WWE would have to agree to let CM Punk do the show and we all should know they're not going to let Punk make them seem like they're doing a poor job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I truly think this fox employee thing is being really overblown. WWE would have to agree to let CM Punk do the show and we all should know they're not going to let Punk make them seem like they're doing a poor job. 

Yeah, I’m sure there’s some kind of deal where he won’t just dump all over them. But they had three WWE contracted talent criticizing and begging them to stop a storyline that’s been a major part of Raw lately on that backstage show. Because of the Fox deal and trying to treat it like a sport, I think there’s a good bit more freedom than you’d traditionally think. If the goal is to draw viewers, it’ll probably work short-term. I’ll watch next week just to see how big the limitations on him are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 10:42 PM, Troy Brown said:

lol ok boomer

That expression is only clever when it's accurate.  I'm pretty sure @Deadpulse is younger than me and I'm definitely not a boomer (my parents are boomers).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

That expression is only clever when it's accurate.  I'm pretty sure @Deadpulse is younger than me and I'm definitely not a boomer (my parents are boomers).

I know this but felt it appropriate given how stubborn his response was 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

I truly think this fox employee thing is being really overblown. WWE would have to agree to let CM Punk do the show and we all should know they're not going to let Punk make them seem like they're doing a poor job. 

To be fair, anyone that's actually followed Punk from his time prior to WWE would know he's really not the type to hold a grudge to the extent that he'll screw with "the Boys'" ability to earn - he's old school enough like that (it's why, despite upper management not being his biggest fan because he was outspoken - and, I don't doubt, because Heyman spent his early years with the company trying to shove him into every conceivable main event angle, he got on quite well with guys like Taker and Kane).

Smart money would book him (since if he is back - Forbes is reporting it, at least - he's assuredly on a part-time contract) to not even step foot in a ring until the RtWM and if you have him at any live event between now and then it's in a commentary status (it may be tempting to put him ringside in Chicago during Survivor Series, but I'd use him on the pre-show only).  You drag that out.  He's someone who can - and if Fox pushes Vince to do it, he'll probably greenlight it - ad lib plenty on commentary (him and Graves going *** for tat would be magic).  Allow the lines to be blurred a little between reality and kayfabe and let him be openly critical of Hunter with regards to the NXT guys - specifically as a means to lobby pushes for current main roster talent who were NXT standouts that have fallen by the wayside on the MR.  Other than DB (who you darn sure want to ally Punk with in some capacity) and Joe, Punk is "Mr. Indy."  I know that people will clamor for him to do something like win the Rumble and challenge Lesnar or something, but the money match is him and Hunter, with the Vanilla Midget going over.  And if you're going to do that match you'd need to do it at Mania because I can all but guarantee Punk would have it in his contract, same as Bryan does, that he won't work Saudi Arabia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, anyone that's actually followed Punk from his time prior to WWE would know he's really not the type to hold a grudge to the extent that he'll screw with "the Boys'" ability to earn - he's old school enough like that (it's why, despite upper management not being his biggest fan because he was outspoken - and, I don't doubt, because Heyman spent his early years with the company trying to shove him into every conceivable main event angle, he got on quite well with guys like Taker and Kane).

Smart money would book him (since if he is back - Forbes is reporting it, at least - he's assuredly on a part-time contract) to not even step foot in a ring until the RtWM and if you have him at any live event between now and then it's in a commentary status (it may be tempting to put him ringside in Chicago during Survivor Series, but I'd use him on the pre-show only).  You drag that out.  He's someone who can - and if Fox pushes Vince to do it, he'll probably greenlight it - ad lib plenty on commentary (him and Graves going *** for tat would be magic).  Allow the lines to be blurred a little between reality and kayfabe and let him be openly critical of Hunter with regards to the NXT guys - specifically as a means to lobby pushes for current main roster talent who were NXT standouts that have fallen by the wayside on the MR.  Other than DB (who you darn sure want to ally Punk with in some capacity) and Joe, Punk is "Mr. Indy."  I know that people will clamor for him to do something like win the Rumble and challenge Lesnar or something, but the money match is him and Hunter, with the Vanilla Midget going over.  And if you're going to do that match you'd need to do it at Mania because I can all but guarantee Punk would have it in his contract, same as Bryan does, that he won't work Saudi Arabia.

can't wait for someone to call him out for being a part timer in a worked shoot. but i don't think he's wrestling and if he does, there's really nothing wwe can put him in that would interest me. i'm sure it would be rollins and jesus, i can't imagine a way to push the fans further from rollins. 

"i been here prevailing and burning it down, where have you been" "i went on vacation finally!!!!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's going to wrestle which I'll believe when I see, and sure, call me an aew mark, but I'd have much preferred to see punk come in and talk about how he laid the foundation for aew years before etc etc etc and see him unscripted and being part of the creative and see him against cody or kenny or even moxley. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×