Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Very good show last night. 

Punk vs Fish was great. Bobby Fish is an absolute pros pro. I’d love to see him and Christian. 

MJF was great as always. He vs Hangman for the belt should be great after this PPV. 

Sammy vs Page was very good. Page is really doing himself a disservice acting like a goof half the time. Heck of a wrestler , great talker, good look. Just insists on acting like a idiot half the time. 

Bryan and Eddie- what’s there to say ? Eddie is the best promo guy in the world and Bryan might be the best overall in the world. 

Shida vs Serena was a high quality match. Shida’s character is lacking. It’s just stale. Good in ring , could really use a makeover . 

Mox vs 10…. Where to start. 10 got destroyed in a way that it looked like he didn’t belong. Mox should’ve won convincingly but I think they hurt the kid with how bad it was. The only silver lining will be if he lost the dollar store mask. Give the kid a chance to succeed. 

Im really getting tired of Mox. Not every match needs blood. Not every match needs to have a hardcore element. Just wrestle bro. So when you do this crap it means something. I’m really interested in how they book him vs Orange. He should win convincingly but I doubt they do that to Orange. This tournament reminds me of the movie Warrior. Mox is Tommy the ruthless fighter who destroys everyone just leaves the ring after. Bryan Danielson is the more technical ‘underdog’ 

Cody was absolutely great. Finally a promo of his met the moment and wasn’t created from nowhere. Going forward he’s going to be AEWs John Cena with those reactions. Love him or hate him , those are stronger reactions than most of the roster. I want to like Cody so I hope he tones it down. Andrade is one of my favorites so I’m excited for this . 

The Dark Order vs Elite wasn’t a wrestling match. It was a skit. It’s just embarrassing. A bunch of friends putting on a play. If Dark Order wants to be silly and stuff, fine. Theyre a low card team of lovable losers. The Elite are your main event team and have YOUR WORLD TITLE! They don’t even act like children , they act like a bunch of weirdos. It devalues the belt and the entire show. Tony Kahn is paying these goofs a lot of money and this is what they do?? It’s f****** stupid. This is supposed to be a redemption story where Adam Page works past his demons and finally wins the belt from the unbeatable Kenny Omega, and they do this… 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Very good show last night. 

Punk vs Fish was great. Bobby Fish is an absolute pros pro. I’d love to see him and Christian. 

MJF was great as always. He vs Hangman for the belt should be great after this PPV. 

Sammy vs Page was very good. Page is really doing himself a disservice acting like a goof half the time. Heck of a wrestler , great talker, good look. Just insists on acting like a idiot half the time. 

Bryan and Eddie- what’s there to say ? Eddie is the best promo guy in the world and Bryan might be the best overall in the world. 

Shida vs Serena was a high quality match. Shida’s character is lacking. It’s just stale. Good in ring , could really use a makeover . 

Mox vs 10…. Where to start. 10 got destroyed in a way that it looked like he didn’t belong. Mox should’ve won convincingly but I think they hurt the kid with how bad it was. The only silver lining will be if he lost the dollar store mask. Give the kid a chance to succeed. 

Im really getting tired of Mox. Not every match needs blood. Not every match needs to have a hardcore element. Just wrestle bro. So when you do this crap it means something. I’m really interested in how they book him vs Orange. He should win convincingly but I doubt they do that to Orange. This tournament reminds me of the movie Warrior. Mox is Tommy the ruthless fighter who destroys everyone just leaves the ring after. Bryan Danielson is the more technical ‘underdog’ 

Cody was absolutely great. Finally a promo of his met the moment and wasn’t created from nowhere. Going forward he’s going to be AEWs John Cena with those reactions. Love him or hate him , those are stronger reactions than most of the roster. I want to like Cody so I hope he tones it down. Andrade is one of my favorites so I’m excited for this . 

The Dark Order vs Elite wasn’t a wrestling match. It was a skit. It’s just embarrassing. A bunch of friends putting on a play. If Dark Order wants to be silly and stuff, fine. Theyre a low card team of lovable losers. The Elite are your main event team and have YOUR WORLD TITLE! They don’t even act like children , they act like a bunch of weirdos. It devalues the belt and the entire show. Tony Kahn is paying these goofs a lot of money and this is what they do?? It’s f****** stupid. This is supposed to be a redemption story where Adam Page works past his demons and finally wins the belt from the unbeatable Kenny Omega, and they do this… 

Thought the 8 man was the greatest dumb thing Ive seen in wrestling in a long time. Ranking it up there with Mankind turning into Dude Love and coming out to save Austin. The match was nothing but a big ball of stupid fun. And I loved every moment..

Fish was amazing. That crowd was 100% Punk at the start. The "Lets go Bobby, Lets go Punk" chants where he was winning some of the crowd was awesome. I was hoping for that respect out of that Boston crowd for Fish. They didnt disappoint.

I liked Mox vs 10. Havent been a big fan of Moxs matches lately.  But that one fit what he needed in his build. And for 10. That match needed to be shut down. So dont think it hurt him.

Bootleg 1-2-3 Kid vs Dollar Store Marty Janette... And thats exactly what it looked like. They badly need to get the belt off Sammy.

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thought the 8 man was the greatest dumb thing Ive seen in wrestling in a long time. Ranking it up there with Mankind turning into Dude Love and coming out to save Austin. The match was nothing but a big ball of stupid fun. And I loved every moment..

Fish was amazing. That crowd was 100% Punk at the start. The "Lets go Bobby, Lets go Punk" chants where he was winning some of the crowd was awesome. I was hoping for that respect out of that Boston crowd for Fish. They didnt disappoint.

I liked Mox vs 10. Havent been a big fan of Moxs matches lately.  But that one fit what he needed in his build. And for 10. That match needed to be shut down. So dont think it hurt him.

Bootleg 1-2-3 Kid vs Dollar Store Marty Janette... And thats exactly what it looked like. They badly need to get the belt off Sammy.

If it was a lower or even a Mid card feud I would’ve said the same thing as you. This is a world title feud though. I just don’t think it’s a place for it . 

I really don’t think Sammy is that small. If I had to take a guess, I’d say 180-190 pounds. There’s been a lot worse. He looks a lot bigger than Adam Cole. 

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If it was a lower or even a Mid card feud I would’ve said the same thing as you. This is a world title feud though. I just don’t think it’s a place for it . 

I really don’t think Sammy is that small. If I had to take a guess, I’d say 180-190 pounds. There’s been a lot worse. He looks a lot bigger than Adam Cole. 

Its not about being a small guy. Its about him looking for nothing in matches but to hit some stupid high spot. Thats all Sammy does. He wont sell any damage because he has to hit a spot at any moment. I cant stand it. Like I said last week. Pac is the best. If Sammy wrestled anything like Pac, where everything he does fits him, fits his body and fits in a fight. Id do a complete 180. Sammy atm can take the beating of a lifetime, pop up 2 seconds later and hit some high fly move for no reason. Everything should look like it meshes without needing cheap spots.

And I can see what you mean about the 8 man. For me. It just hit what I was in the mood for. Nothing serious, just a fun watch. But I get your drift. Big match like this coming up should have had more serious notes in it.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

49 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its not about being a small guy. Its about him looking for nothing in matches but to hit some stupid high spot. Thats all Sammy does. He wont sell any damage because he has to hit a spot at any moment. I cant stand it. Like I said last week. Pac is the best. If Sammy wrestled anything like Pac, where everything he does fits him, fits his body and fits in a fight. Id do a complete 180. Sammy atm can take the beating of a lifetime, pop up 2 seconds later and hit some high fly move for no reason. Everything should look like it meshes without needing cheap spots.

And I can see what you mean about the 8 man. For me. It just hit what I was in the mood for. Nothing serious, just a fun watch. But I get your drift. Big match like this coming up should have had more serious notes in it.

You’re def right. Sammy needs to stop looking for the big spot all the time  and actually work. PAC would be great for him to imitate. He’s still young, I hope he gets it. 

41 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

They are clearly turning Mox heel. Him killing people, and likely OC next week, has been great.

The story calls for him to destroy OC, and he def should. Do you think they pull the trigger? OC has been floundering with nothing special , but they still seem high on him.

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The story calls for him to destroy OC, and he def should. Do you think they pull the trigger? OC has been floundering with nothing special , but they still seem high on him.

Mox can destroy him, and OC can still be fine. No one would ever believe he'd beat Mox. They'll probably give him some spots to make him look resilient in a brutal loss.

11 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Mox can destroy him, and OC can still be fine. No one would ever believe he'd beat Mox. They'll probably give him some spots to make him look resilient in a brutal loss.

I like OC a lot but his ceiling is TNT champion. He has a stable floor so I think he can survive I think too. 

If f***** Mox has a garbage match with Bryan , I’m gonna be so pissed 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I like OC a lot but his ceiling is TNT champion. He has a stable floor so I think he can survive I think too. 

It's going to be very violent.

38 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Theyve known each other forever. And mesh right on down to their wives having been great friends for years. Now they have complete freedom to formulate any type match they desire. So probably have been working over some aspects.

At worst. This is 4*. Everything is there for this to be a monster of a match. I dont see any way it doesnt deliver.

46 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

It's going to be very violent.

10 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Theyve known each other forever. And mesh right on down to their wives having been great friends for years. Now they have complete freedom to formulate any type match they desire. So probably have been working over some aspects.

At worst. This is 4*. Everything is there for this to be a monster of a match. I dont see any way it doesnt deliver.

There’s a difference between being violent and being a trash match with weapons. I hope it’s the former .