Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

35 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Mox news is devastating for me.

Glad he is getting help before hitting a public rock bottom. He has a daughter now and I am sure that was a big motivating factor. Gained a ton of respect for the man making this decision.

From a wrestling standpoint, I think time off for the Mox character is good anyways. He is a face who got punked out of the world title who probably wouldnt see a title shot for AWHILE. We all assume Hangman is ready to take it off Omega. You won't pitch Mox and Hangman in all likelihood in a long term feud. Then you have the likes of CM Punk and Brian Danielson taking up a ton of face time on TV. This will work out best for him in and out of the ring IMO. Have him come back fierce and jump right into a title picture 6+ months from now against MJF. (I predict MJF will take it off Hangman). 

54 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Glad he is getting help before hitting a public rock bottom. He has a daughter now and I am sure that was a big motivating factor. Gained a ton of respect for the man making this decision.

From a wrestling standpoint, I think time off for the Mox character is good anyways. He is a face who got punked out of the world title who probably wouldnt see a title shot for AWHILE. We all assume Hangman is ready to take it off Omega. You won't pitch Mox and Hangman in all likelihood in a long term feud. Then you have the likes of CM Punk and Brian Danielson taking up a ton of face time on TV. This will work out best for him in and out of the ring IMO. Have him come back fierce and jump right into a title picture 6+ months from now against MJF. (I predict MJF will take it off Hangman). 

From a personal standpoint, and someone who is aware of his substance issues in the past, I'm worried about his well being. He's my favorite wrestler so I'm concerned. Obviously a good sign that he recognizes the problem, and the most important thing is his health.

From a wrestling perspective I'm really bummed. Obviously not seeing Bryan/Mox at Full Gear live is a bummer but on top of that we almost certainly aren't going to get heel Mox anytime soon. That was clearly the plan, and something I've been wanting to see for years.

Pretty sub par show, I hope they do better for their go home show. 

Punk was absolutely incredible. He and Eddie is going to be great. 

MJF and Darby were great as usual . 

I’m not too keen on the Kenny Hangman build. I really think Kenny should be the unbeatable bully that continues to get the better of Hangman until full gear. 

Miro vs Bryan is going to be great. 

Not my favorite show, just kinda there. 

15 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not too keen on the Kenny Hangman build. I really think Kenny should be the unbeatable bully that continues to get the better of Hangman until full gear. 

everyone basically has a Hangman win as cannon at this point. Im sitting here waiting for the swerve 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

everyone basically has a Hangman win as cannon at this point. Im sitting here waiting for the swerve 

I think that’s incredibly risky . There’s a chance Hangman couldn’t recover from that. With Bryan as the number 1 contender likely , it would make sense if Kenny won. I’d give it a 10-15% chance Hangmsn losses. 

Kyle O’Riley’s contract is up in December allegedly. Talk about a great get for AEW. He’s one of the best out there . 

Cole , Fish and O’Riley vs The Elite ( if they took it seriously) would be one hell of a program. 

41 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

What do you name that new UE faction? Maybe something as simple as The Era or do you stick with the Undisputed theme?

Oh boy , creativity isn’t my strong point . The Era sounds cool and probably good for merchandising. I would hope they’d call Kyle and Fish ReDragon again. 

Did you see Kevin Owens and Cole are teasing a reunion again ? Could be a negotiating tactic . I think KO is one of the best American wrestlers out there. I’m not much of a hardcore wrestling guy but KO vs Mox would be incredible.

I don't think Undisputed (which is what you could probably call them in AEW) is going to be happening anytime soon. It seems pretty clear to me that they are setting up The Elite to turn on Kenny and then reform the Mount Rushmore of Wrestling. 

18 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Oh boy , creativity isn’t my strong point . The Era sounds cool and probably good for merchandising. I would hope they’d call Kyle and Fish ReDragon again. 

Did you see Kevin Owens and Cole are teasing a reunion again ? Could be a negotiating tactic . I think KO is one of the best American wrestlers out there. I’m not much of a hardcore wrestling guy but KO vs Mox would be incredible.

Why would they keep bringing in guys that couldnt move the needle for WWE?

KO does nothing but entertain a part of what already watches. They have their core group. They need to keep investing the time in guys like Jungle Jack, MJF and other young talents. Theyve had nothing for MJF for awhile now. He was on a monster streak. But theres such a bottleneck logjam at the top that hes being wasted on midcarders.

14 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Why would they keep bringing in guys that couldnt move the needle for WWE?

KO does nothing but entertain a part of what already watches. They have their core group. They need to keep investing the time in guys like Jungle Jack, MJF and other young talents. Theyve had nothing for MJF for awhile now. He was on a monster streak. But theres such a bottleneck logjam at the top that hes being wasted on midcarders.

Kevin Owens is nothing like Bobby Fish or that type of signing . 

There’s a lot of WWE watchers who don’t watch AEW. AEW is obviously trying to get those people to watch and a guy like KO who is a merch mover and their former champ can definitely help that. Plus, he fits in with the ROH/Indie type fan. He’s a perfect fit for them. 

24 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Kevin Owens is nothing like Bobby Fish or that type of signing . 

There’s a lot of WWE watchers who don’t watch AEW. AEW is obviously trying to get those people to watch and a guy like KO who is a merch mover and their former champ can definitely help that. Plus, he fits in with the ROH/Indie type fan. He’s a perfect fit for them. 

They already own the ROH Indie fans. WCW was signing every named person they could and created the same logjam. While WWE stuck to their guns, built up their home grown like Rock.

They could sign Owens. I just think this is a time they should say, "We could. But all that TV time he would eat up, we could use on rising talents and find out what we really have."

Its no big deal one way or the other. But I like their batch of youth and want them to get a fair shake.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

19 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They already own the ROH Indie fans. WCW was signing every named person they could and created the same logjam. While WWE stuck to their guns, built up their home grown like Rock.

They could sign Owens. I just think this is a time they should say, "We could. But all that TV time he would eat up, we could use on rising talents and find out what we really have."

Its no big deal one way or the other. But I like their batch of youth and want them to get a fair shake.

I understand . I too want the young guys to shine. Owens is a top guy there, and has had a lot of people watch and follow him. Business wise I think it’s a great call. 

What do you guys think of Rampage? Would you stay there or move elsewhere? I just think that number is capped at that time slot.