Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

On 10/11/2021 at 9:33 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

It is if you want the company to continue to exist. 

Listen, Fish is a good hand. I just don’t think he’s worth a roster spot on this stacked roster.

Yeah I don't think every wrestler has to move the needle for a company to sustain its existence 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Please don’t ever complain about some guys not getting enough TV time then. 

I think you may be confusing me for other folks perhaps. Sure, do I want a 3 hours weekly dedicated to Adam Page? of course I do but I don't complain about that publicly. 

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

AEW just had a match on their preshow that’s better than any match you’ll see in WWE this year. 

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

I like how it's always assumed that I care about WWE. Newsflash, I haven't watched WWE, save for major PPVs, since before the pandemic. So...I don't care lol.

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

I like how it's always assumed that I care about WWE. Newsflash, I haven't watched WWE, save for major PPVs, since before the pandemic. So...I don't care lol.

Is it safe to assume that no company really keeps your attention then?

Just now, beekay414 said:

Wrestling lost me a while ago, yes.

I've been there. I ******* love professional wrestling. At it's best it's unlike any other storytelling medium out there. I watched Raw every Monday for 7 years until it declined to the point I couldn't put up with it anymore. I really took a step back from it all until AEW intrigued me into coming back. I dropped WWE completely.

I jumped on the hype train, though pandemic wore me down and I mostly stopped watching wrestling entirely outside of YT clips. Thankfully since August I've gotten back into AEW, and feel the best I have as a wrestling fan since maybe 2014-2015. I'll check out WWE clips every now and then too.

I get not liking AEW. It's definitely not for everyone. It's the best out there right now imo but there is a lot I'm not big on. Plus I have the inherit bias from loving Mox (most underrated storyteller in the business), and Omega (who entertains the **** out of me as a character, not just in-ring. I do think the one thing they have going for them is they consistently deliver on PPV, like NXT used to do, and WWE completely stopped doing years ago. Not trying to convince you, as I know you don't like either of my faves, moreso explaining what brought me back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I've been there. I ******* love professional wrestling. At it's best it's unlike any other storytelling medium out there. I watched Raw every Monday for 7 years until it declined to the point I couldn't put up with it anymore. I really took a step back from it all until AEW intrigued me into coming back. I dropped WWE completely.

I jumped on the hype train, though pandemic wore me down and I mostly stopped watching wrestling entirely outside of YT clips. Thankfully since August I've gotten back into AEW, and feel the best I have as a wrestling fan since maybe 2014-2015. I'll check out WWE clips every now and then too.

I get not liking AEW. It's definitely not for everyone. It's the best out there right now imo but there is a lot I'm not big on. Plus I have the inherit bias from loving Mox (most underrated storyteller in the business), and Omega (who entertains the **** out of me as a character, not just in-ring. I do think the one thing they have going for them is they consistently deliver on PPV, like NXT used to do, and WWE completely stopped doing years ago. Not trying to convince you, as I know you don't like either of my faves, moreso explaining what brought me back.

No, I get it. I'm just at that phase in my life where I'm pretty much done with wrestling in general. I tune in randomly and I post stuff I see that I laugh at. 

My biggest issue with what I posted was, when I commented on it on Twitter, I got called a retard by an AEW stan. Those are the people that I can't stand when it comes to the wrestling industry. Yes, WWE has those too but AEW stans are pretty toxic online (not here). 

WWE is a joke and will be a joke until Vince is dead. That's really all there is to it. AEW is solid, and entertaining at times, but not infallible like their diehards want you to believe (again, not here). I saw something from Tony Khan, that was obviously a shoot on WCW, that made me laugh but I couldn't post on it because people took it seriously. Just overall a toxic atmosphere right now IMO. Yeah, I'm probably just rambling but wrestling just lost it's luster for me. 

I just lost my **** because AEW has Masvidal and JDS in action and being terrible but I'm getting called a retard for saying it was WCW-esque. At least Brock, Lashley and Cain Velasquez are legit real wrestlers lol.