Lets Discuss All Things Wrestling - Even The T-Shirt Company AEW!

steelcurtain29

Both ladder matches were pretty good.

Bron should have won, but at least it was a good match.

Tired of Punk interfering, I don't think he can bring it in the ring anymore, so I don't know if we're ever going to get the payoff for this long of a buildup

Didn't care much for the main event, Bloodline 2.0 doesn't do much for me.  It at least moved the story forward for Summerslam.

16 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Tired of Punk interfering, I don't think he can bring it in the ring anymore, so I don't know if we're ever going to get the payoff for this long of a buildup

Then you should be happy that they're working this into a triple threat where he doesn't have to do as much lifting...

Drew and Seth can tear the house down while also getting their "revenge" in on Punk.

I do like that they got the briefcase out of the way for the men right away as it was a thing for so long with Priest that a good year without it around in the mens storyline will be good.

12 hours ago, iknowcool said:

I love how Rollins' new motivation is to keep Punk from McIntyre lol 

This is going to be fun.  Hopefully Punk is cleared by SummerSlam

Honestly, my read, particularly after the post-MITB presser is that Punk technically is cleared, they're just being extra cautious with him because they don't want the story arc derailed again for injury.  Honestly, this is good practice for both when Rock does come back and if Cena has any hope of doing the 40+ matches he was saying he wants to do (I'm assuming quite of few of those will be house shows) on his retirement tour.

On 7/11/2024 at 2:41 PM, Troy Brown said:

Very good dynamite last night. Main event aftermath was executed near perfectly.

Very good minus the segments that I refuse to watch on principle (which is a shame because Jericho has now managed to achieve something I never thought possible: Make me want to not watch a Samoa Joe match).  I know he's got years ahead of him in the ring, unless the concussion issues rise up again, but there is soooo much potential for Joe to be used in an authority figure role - especially in a forum like AEW where there may be guys that are taller than him, but very few that are bigger than him.  There's something to be said, and if Tony is as big a wrestling historian as he's believed to be he would know this, there's a certain foil for heels that's unique and helps them have more dimensions and that's an authority figure who, although older, is a big, tough guy (and potential former talent) who won't be physically intimidated: Bill Watts, Baba, Inoki, even to a degree (albeit there was Rule of Vader) Gorilla Monsoon.

On 7/12/2024 at 10:05 PM, iknowcool said:

Jacob Fatu is the real deal.

Also what a great line by Corey Graves - "This man has been blessed by the gods... and not even they can save us."

Just one of those observations that I've circled back around to, Jacob throws better-looking working punches than Solo does.  Granted, just knowing Jake in the limited capacity that I have (but interviews he's done with Denise Salcedo and others in the past illustrate this pretty well too), you can't really put the mic in his hand for any extended period of time until they move to Netflix where there isn't the concern about profanity because dude loves him some swear words like few since New Jack.

If/when the Fed can ever get their hands on and elevate Zilla Fatu things will really get real; even though it may be hard to believe, Zilla is more athletic than anyone in the Bloodline and hyper-creative in terms of style - he throws a Superman Samoan Spike that's seamless.

On 7/16/2024 at 6:05 AM, Fresh Prince said:

Pretty obvious Dom will cost Rhea somehow. Not believable Liv could win clean. 

And sometimes the best booking is the obvious choice that makes the most sense for the story being told.  Nothing wrong with that as long as the story that branches from it is good quality and well-delivered.  I mean, I'll take that kind of result over (and I realize that real world matters kind of pressed this issue) Liv winning mostly clean over Ronda Rousey.  It's not like it's also obvious that the eventual payoff won't be badass babyface Mami going over in the end, getting her title back, and giving both Liv and Dom their comeuppance.

I mean, in reality, RAW is never going to be legitimate competition to Monday Night Football, but Rhea is still as big a draw as any on RAW right now - probably the biggest - so you want her carrying a in-process (not just starting out) feud into football season starting.

• Like 1

Balor/Carlito/JD are so funny and the perfect stable stooges 

That heel turn in NXT did so much for Breakker. His character work is top-notch. And amazing match as usual with Ilja. Good way to protect Ilja too. Definitely a match they will have to run back. And no way Breakker loses a 2nd time to Zayn... right?

Jey & Rhea vs Dom & Liv looks to be the direction they are headed in. I wonder if, when and how Jey gets mixed back into the Bloodline story

Punk/McIntyre could go either way with Rollins as referee. MAYBE a no contest or draw?  But that is risky because you have to do it right.

I'm still a little skeptical over how the Wyatt Sicks will do long-term, but that was an awesome segment with Howdy/Bo hitting Sister Abigail. One of the loudest pops I've ever heard for a finisher and Gable sold it like a champ

Edited by iknowcool

On 5/1/2019 at 3:19 AM, buddy_z34 said:

Could this just be Ambrose doing a change in character? From Ambrose to Jon Moxley? Probably trying to read too much into this though. The way the E marketed Ambrose leaving, I've never seen that before. And the way they kept saying Ambrose didnt re-sign. But then Cody liked it on Twitter so that just hampers my theory. 

AEW needs CM Punk to thrive. 

You can't possibly think any company needs CM Punk to thrive. C'mon.  They are about to sign a new media deal. 

The wrestling business is in a boom yall. Not everything needs to be massive. It is entirely okay for AEW to be in firm second place. I'm glad WWE is putting out their best product in decades, I am not sure that happens without AEW popping up. But I enjoyed CM Punk/MJF but beyond that, I really didn't have very much fun with CM Punk in AEW. Sure, I don't need him to put on 5 star classics anymore but it didn't really feel like he could keep up with the top of their card anyway, getting hurt and botching. 

• Like 1

Props to Dom for just going for it with the 80's/early 90's sleeze ball look. I know it in homage of Eddie, but he's definitely giving it some extra d-bag on purpose. He's gotten a lot better as a wrestler over the last year as well. 

Edited by Jeezla