2020 Draft Talk

swede700

36 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Doesn’t matter.  BPA is far more important.  If some one like Tua falls, we would be very foolish not to pick him. 

I agree, barring any medical red flags.  I don't think he falls that far anyway and I am not sure any of the other QBs offer that kind of value that they can't be passed up

With Tua, a lot of it probably depends on what we do with Cousins. If we extend Cousins for 3-5 more years, drafting Tua in the first round just isn't likely (unless the extension is structured in such a way where the Vikings can escape it early). If we go into the offseason without an extension in place for Cousins, then heck yes you draft him if he falls. He sits for a year and takes the reigns. Cousins may even play better, knowing he's auditioning for the open market again.

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

Doesn’t matter.  BPA is far more important.  If some one like Tua falls, we would be very foolish not to pick him. 

Doesn’t Tua have an extensive injury history. Why is that going to change in the NFL? Just seems like if he falls, it’s going to be dramatic, as in day two. Otherwise, why would anyone risk a first round pick on him given his injury history? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Doesn’t Tua have an extensive injury history. Why is that going to change in the NFL? Just seems like if he falls, it’s going to be dramatic, as in day two. Otherwise, why would anyone risk a first round pick on him given his injury history? 

Why does anyone risk a high pick on injury concerned prospects?  

Because their talent and display of potential at the next level far exceeds just that.  If this were a Drew Lock or Jake Locker type first round projection then I would skip them and select other position.  Tua is on a different level though.  If he falls to us even with his medical history, and if he checks out with doctors, as improbable as it is because I also expect a few other teams to overlook the same things that I am and rush you grab him, we can’t let someone like that just fall through our hands.  

IMO

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Fifth year option. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Agree...and personally, I would only consider taking him if he's still available in the 3rd round.  Either way, he's going to need some development time at the NFL level, as far as I'm concerned.  

On 11/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, Torchezim said:

If Tua falls due to injury, maybe...? 

I agree if Tua falls that far, which he will not I would take him in a second.  But honestly if Herbert keeps up his some what below average level of play, had a rough game against ASU.  Maybe he falls and I would grab him 1st round as well.  Sure there are holes but if a guy like Herbert or Tua falls for whatever reason they would be foolish not to get them. 

Same could be said with any of these guys, Tristan Wirfs, Derrick Brown,Tyler Biadasz, AJ Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos.  Any of those guys fall I would take them in a second for the Vikings also.  Not all of them will but you through them and the QBs in the mix one of them might slip through depending on what happens pre draft with workouts.  

Sucks the Vikings do not need a RB, there could be great late 1st or 2nd round value with some of these guys.  Like Swift or Harris could easily fall through the cracks not to mention Dillion, Benjamin or Hill.

Travis Etienne Clemson 
De'Andre Swift Georgia 
JK Dobbins Ohio State 
Najee Harris Alabama 
Eno Benjamin Arizona State 
AJ Dillion Boston College 
Kylin Hill Miss State 
Cam Akers Florida State 
Zach Moss Utah
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy

On 11/27/2019 at 8:26 PM, Ozzy said:

I agree if Tua falls that far, which he will not I would take him in a second.  But honestly if Herbert keeps up his some what below average level of play, had a rough game against ASU.  Maybe he falls and I would grab him 1st round as well.  Sure there are holes but if a guy like Herbert or Tua falls for whatever reason they would be foolish not to get them. 

Same could be said with any of these guys, Tristan Wirfs, Derrick Brown,Tyler Biadasz, AJ Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos.  Any of those guys fall I would take them in a second for the Vikings also.  Not all of them will but you through them and the QBs in the mix one of them might slip through depending on what happens pre draft with workouts.  

Sucks the Vikings do not need a RB, there could be great late 1st or 2nd round value with some of these guys.  Like Swift or Harris could easily fall through the cracks not to mention Dillion, Benjamin or Hill.

Travis Etienne Clemson 
De'Andre Swift Georgia 
JK Dobbins Ohio State 
Najee Harris Alabama 
Eno Benjamin Arizona State 
AJ Dillion Boston College 
Kylin Hill Miss State 
Cam Akers Florida State 
Zach Moss Utah
KeShawn Vaughn Vandy

Would love either of these two.  I highly doubt Brown makes it provided we ate picking in the 20s.  Do you think Biadasz would be a good guard?

22 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Would love either of these two.  I highly doubt Brown makes it provided we ate picking in the 20s.  Do you think Biadasz would be a good guard?

Biadasz could play guard or center but I think he would be best at center.  He sure kicked the Gophers butt on Saturday though.  Doubt we could get Biadasz however he is probably gone top 15 picks most likely.  Who knows with Brown, Lawrence dropped to 17 last year which was a surprised but Brown has been amazing this year, arguably the best DT period in the nation game in and game out so he should go top 10 really but who knows.  Thanks to Aaron Donald everyone is looking for that type of athlete at DT instead of the big dudes who are hard to move like Derrick Brown.