2020 Draft Talk

swede700

9 hours ago, Viking Penguin said:

Yep, he is staring Minny right in the face.  Will he go until late Round 2?  Or do we need to make a trade?  

I personally wouldn't trade up into the 2nd to get him, but if he were available in the top to middle of the 3rd, I'd trade up there.  I still think he needs some development time at the pro level.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viking Penguin said:

Yep, he is staring Minny right in the face.  Will he go until late Round 2?  Or do we need to make a trade?  

Hurts has a lot of detractors and many think his game doesn't translate to the NFL.  This is confusing to me.  His success in college is so incredible, I think he's going to make some GM look like a genius when they get him after a bunch of guys that "look like Tarzan and play like Jane". 

Edited by Hyperborean

17 minutes ago, Hyperborean said:

Hurts has a lot of detractors and many think his game doesn't translate to the NFL.  This is confusing to me.  His success in college is so incredible, I think he's going to make some GM look like a genius when they get him after a bunch of guys that "look like Tarzan and play like Jane". 

The list of QBs who had a lot of success in college and then failed in the NFL is much bigger than those that had success in both.  

12 minutes ago, Boda said:

Is there a reason I can't see what written in some posts just like this one?

I am not sure what exactly you are seeing but whenever there is a link to anything on twitter it doesn't come through for me. Often people post twitter content here and then talk about it as if everyone can see the content, which leaves me feeling a bit lost some of the time. Maybe you have a similar issue.

Fwiw, I can see the Twitter content that is embedded when I read the board from home. That is how I know that what I am missing when I read from work is the Twitter stuff. If people are talking about something enough that makes no sense to me given the context I try to take a mental note to read back the thread at home. Often I see what they are talking about then. Other times I can make a guess at what was in the posted tweet based on the rest of the context.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I am not sure what exactly you are seeing but whenever there is a link to anything on twitter it doesn't come through for me. Often people post twitter content here and then talk about it as if everyone can see the content, which leaves me feeling a bit lost some of the time. Maybe you have a similar issue.

Fwiw, I can see the Twitter content that is embedded when I read the board from home. That is how I know that what I am missing when I read from work is the Twitter stuff. If people are talking about something enough that makes no sense to me given the context I try to take a mental note to read back the thread at home. Often I see what they are talking about then. Other times I can make a guess at what was in the posted tweet based on the rest of the context.

Often it'll happen because (especially if you're at work) it's been blocked by your browser.  For the longest time, I was never able to see them either, but once my work finally allowed us to view items on Twitter (as some actually have to use it for work purposes), I could see them again.  

10 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Often it'll happen because (especially if you're at work) it's been blocked by your browser.  For the longest time, I was never able to see them either, but once my work finally allowed us to view items on Twitter (as some actually have to use it for work purposes), I could see them again.  

Yeah, the problem isn't specific to this site for me which is why I never asked for a solution. It is specific to being at work. The organization I work for blocks things and I can't see tweets posted on any other site either. I get an message (Potential Security Issue) if I click on any twitter links. I was just speculating that he might be seeing the same type thing, but I don't know that. It is just a guess based on my experience.

Edited by Cearbhall