2020 Draft Talk

swede700

33 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I don't see it. With the lack of time with the prospects, and the inability to work them out prior to the draft, I don't see the value in trading up. We have a lot of holes to fill, and I think that in a situation like this, you want to take as many swings as you can. 

Additionally, based on current projections, I'd treat this year as a redshirt year for all draftees. Assume that they're probably not going to play this year and ensure they're on weight, nutrition, and film/scheme study as soon as possible.  If you bring in a solid draft/UDFA class of 18-20, and then add to it next draft, you can turn over a lot of the expensive players on the roster really quick. 

Normally I would agree, but we’re seeing a lot of reports about them linked to the top offensive tackles. Formal meeting at the combine, the GM at multiple games during the season, formal video conferences, etc. 

I have a gut feeling that we may see them trade up to target one of those tackles. 

Like I said before, this draft will weigh a lot on your scouts and breaking down film.. 

I think a lot of teams do that already. Look how guys are drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round and never were 1 of your players you interviewed. There is a reason for that. Keep it quiet 🤫. 

4 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

What are yall's thoughts on MIN taking Chase Claypool? Needs some work, but he has some elite physical tools, Calvin Johnson like tools. Intriguing prospect. I think he goes in the 2nd. 

He’s an intriguing prospect at 58. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

What are yall's thoughts on MIN taking Chase Claypool? Needs some work, but he has some elite physical tools, Calvin Johnson like tools. Intriguing prospect. I think he goes in the 2nd. 

I think he’d be a great fit as a HWS guy that can play the X, which is a position that the Vikings have had trouble with. He’s certainly got some holes in his game, but the potential is through the roof and he’s not going to be afraid of the big stage. He’s completely taken over certain games over the last 3 seasons, which is a big thing, IMO.

11 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

While I think he has great tools, I won't be comfortable unless it was 3rd round.

12 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Not a huge fan. He’s going to struggle to separate in the NFL - incredibly linear player that won on a limited, straight line, route tree. Most of his touchdown production this year came against lower competition and on four routes: slants, shallow cross, deep cross, and fly/seam routes. All of those require very little bend/wiggle as a route runner. 

Struggles against press converge, and very inconsistent hands as well (7 drops this year). He’s a unique athlete, but he’s limited at the NFL level I think. 

7 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Not a huge fan. He’s going to struggle to separate in the NFL - incredibly linear player that won on a limited, straight line, route tree. Most of his touchdown production this year came against lower competition and on four routes: slants, shallow cross, deep cross, and fly/seam routes. All of those require very little bend/wiggle as a route runner. 

Struggles against press converge, and very inconsistent hands as well (7 drops this year). He’s a unique athlete, but he’s limited at the NFL level I think. 

The separation thing doesn't bother me quite as much as it does with other players because of how big and physical he is. A lot of the route tree thing is a product of the Notre Dame offense. I don't think he'll ever be an elite route runner, but he can definitely improve there. 

Not sure where you saw him struggle against press coverage. 

I'm intrigued by his ability to get down the field, to high point the football, and his strength in the open field. I think he can be the guy that Treadwell was supposed to be.

I'm also a homer, so there's that.

• Like 1