Players You're Excited About

Hunter2_1

Name some players, not necessarily on your team, who you are intrigued or excited about, going into the season. For me (in order);

Christian McCaffery

I think he's a ROTY candidate. Love his agility and explosiveness. His versatility makes him so interesting, and he can turn nothing into a lot of things. I hope they use him correctly.

Joey Bosa

Have seen analysis which stated Bosa's sacks were simply 'clean up' sacks, or 'low quality' sacks. I disagree, and I think he can be a stud. Looking for him to step up even more and be a dominant end

Danielle Hunter

Could be a breakout season for this freak. So physically imposing that he can take on double teams and keep barreling his way towards the quarterback 

JJ Watt

Anytime you get the best payer in the league back, it's exciting. Coming back in a full bill of health, I wonder if we see a new Watt unleashed. Not sure it's possible to be better than his 14 season though

Hunter Henry

Feel like he's right up there as a Gronk-lite. Huge possession target that can also stretch the field and he can block! I wonder, if Gates weren't there, would we see some sparkling numbers

Leonard Floyd 

Kind of relied on his raw athleticism and explosion, but when he gets more experience and learns a repertoire of moves, it could be really fun to watch. Was already beating people just on power.

Rookies:

(Myles Garrett)  - Football has been through a tough time in recent years with negative press surrounding - (CTE / Domestic abuse / Deflategate / Politics & Protests, etc). And for this very reason, I want Myles to deliver on his potential, & become the beast he has the ability to be. Hopefully he comes out of the gate firing, because we need people focusing of the positive aspects of FB again. 

(Adoree Jackson) - Love this kid, but he's raw as hell. I want to see him work hard & hopefully develop into an elite CB in this league. 

(Christian McCaffrey) -  Similar to above, except he's got the tools to be effective from day 1. Would love to see him prove those who doubt his size wrong. 

The Rest:

(Adrian Peterson / Marshawn Lynch) -  Curious to see what's left in the tank? (Particularly BM at Raiders). 

(J.J. Watt) -  Same reason as OP. 

(OBJ) - I'd love to see him lay claim to the title of best WR in the league this season. 

(Khalil Mack) - My favourite player, so I'm always excited to see him play. However, if the defense stays healthy & works better as a unit, perhaps we may see something historic from him? 

(Kevin White) -  Loved him coming out of WVU in 2015, but if he fails to produce this season, I'm giving up on him. I'll be following his progress this season with great interest. 

(Matt Ryan) - I'm curious to see if that heartbreaking loss in the SB will spur him & the team on to greater things?

(Tom Brady) - How much longer can the old boy keep balling?

(Jameis Winston) - My favourite of the young crop of QBs. Hoping for big improvements this season. 

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Players on my fantasy team. ;)

Only logical answer TBH.

I have several people I'm excited about

QB Deshaun Watson- To see if the Texans finally have their franchise QB

WR Amari Cooper- I want to see if he breaks out even better than his first 2 years.

RB Leonard Fournette

QB Marcus Mariota

CB Jalen Ramsey

RB Zeke Elliot (when he returns)

QB Carson Wentz

RB David Johnson

TE OJ Howard

Just players I liked during the draft process....

David Njoku - Lord only knows how well Cleveland will use him in their offense.

Jamal Adams - Sucks that he went to a team like the Jets.

Marshon Lattimore - Thought he was one of the best CB prospects in years but just needs to stay healthy.

Reuben Foster - Top 3 talent in draft. Moron off the field. I expect him to be the next Patrick Willis on that team.

Jabrill Peppers - Weird player to project but I think he can be a defensive playmaker.

Corey Davis - Thought he was the best WR easily in the draft. Excited to see that explosive playmaking ability. Knowing the Titans luck, he'll be dealt and injury-plagued season

Christian McCaffrey- Will be a fun one to watch. The Panthers unfortunately got a great one and will be a pain for the Saints for years to come. He was my top RB this year in what was an absolutely stacked draft class.

D'onta Foreman- My 2nd favorite RB in this draft class. He has a tremendous mixture of size and speed. He's made some big plays in the preseason. Hoping to see him overtake Lamar Miller by the end of the year, or at the very least be a 1a/1b.

Jamaal Charles- One of my all-time favorite players. After his release from Kansas City I was worried that his career was over after his 2nd knee injury and hitting 30 years old. However after watching his limited action against Green Bay in preseason, it appears he's still got some gas left in the tank. Would love to see him take over that starting job in Denver. As you can see below he's still got explosion through the hole and the rare ability to make sharp cuts at such high speeds.

jamaal-charles-is-back.gif?w=1000

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Just players I liked during the draft process....

David Njoku - Lord only knows how well Cleveland will use him in their offense.

Jamal Adams - Sucks that he went to a team like the Jets.

Marshon Lattimore - Thought he was one of the best CB prospects in years but just needs to stay healthy.

Reuben Foster - Top 3 talent in draft. Moron off the field. I expect him to be the next Patrick Willis on that team.

Jabrill Peppers - Weird player to project but I think he can be a defensive playmaker.

Corey Davis - Thought he was the best WR easily in the draft. Excited to see that explosive playmaking ability. Knowing the Titans luck, he'll be dealt and injury-plagued season

dont have to project too much about peppers, he's been playing free safety and he's been killing it

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

D'onta Foreman- My 2nd favorite RB in this draft class. He has a tremendous mixture of size and speed. He's made some big plays in the preseason. Hoping to see him overtake Lamar Miller by the end of the year, or at the very least be a 1a/1b.

I'm fairly certain this will happen sooner rather than later. Miller had a good season last year (not great) but it was clear he lacks the power to run between the tackles, as well as the durability to maintain that for 20-25 touches a game. 

I'd say by mid season, it'll be a 50/50 timeshare with Foreman taking over as the "1a" in the following weeks. Unknown to many, Foreman is really proving to be a talented target in the passing game - he's catching passes at an outlet, running routes out of the slot and on the outsides, shaking defenders in his routes before the ball is thrown. Very unexpected development, but one that will pay some big dividends (we shouldn't be too surprised, his twin brother is a WR for the Longhorns - catching runs in the family).

He's also taking reps as a KR. That might be a bit too much to ask on an every Kickoff basis, but would be a nice wrinkle to a very lukewarm return game. Getting a 235 bowling ball with 4.4 speed getting a full head of steam on a return could be fun to watch.

Really want to see how the Giants offense performs with Brandon Marshall starting aside OBJ.  Let's not forget, in 2015 Marshall was a top 5 receiver with the Jets with 109 for 1502 and 14 TDs with Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing to him.  Now that he's in a much more favorable situation, I see him having a bounce back season in a big way 

Archived