2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

Ah   Wake Forest' WR Scotty Washington.  His qb is Jamie Newman who happens to have a rifle for an arm.  Scotty's hands are incredible but he is not much of YAC threat.  If Jets want to have WR that can move the chain through the traffic, he could be the ONE.   Good size 6 4 230 with strong hands.

QB for non Jets teams-

1. Joe Burrow, LSU.   Prove to be more than just managing game.
2. Justin Herbert, Oregon. After the final play against Auburn, I looked away.  He's more of statistic padding qb than carrying the team.
3. Tua Tagolovia, Alabama.   Outside top 10 for better contract (benefit to team)
4. Jacob Eason, Washington. Depending on which HC believes in him.
5. Jamie Newman, Wake Forest.  Ideally working under Greg Roman if he gets HC gig.
6. Jake Fromm, Georgia.  Not his fault that he is limited to run oriented team but team gambling with confidence is required to make it possible.

QB as a backup for Jets if necessary. I prefer re-signing Trevor Siemian, nevertheless.

1. Brian Lewerke, Michigan State.  NFL tools.
2. K.J. Costello, Stanford.  "Chicken" isn't in his vocabulary.
3. Nate Stanley, Iowa.   Hawkeyes often produce back up qbs.
4. Case Cookus, Northern Arizona or Jacob Knipp, Northern Colorado.  Injury history but has pro skill set.

5. Ian Book, Notre Dame. Nothing's special but could be a solid manager.

Edited by JetsandI

37 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

QB for non Jets teams-

1. Joe Burrow, LSU.   Prove to be more than just managing game.
2. Justin Herbert, Oregon. After the final play against Auburn, I looked away.  He's more of statistic padding qb than carrying the team.
3. Tua Tagolovia, Alabama.   Outside top 10 for better contract (benefit to team)
4. Jacob Eason, Washington. Depending on which HC believes in him.
5. Jamie Newman, Wake Forest.  Ideally working under Greg Roman if he gets HC gig.
6. Jake Fromm, Georgia.  Not his fault that he is limited to run oriented team but team gambling with confidence is required to make it possible.

QB as a backup for Jets if necessary. I prefer re-signing Trevor Siemian, nevertheless.

1. Brian Lewerke, Michigan State.  NFL tools.
2. K.J. Costello, Stanford.  "Chicken" isn't in his vocabulary.
3. Nate Stanley, Iowa.   Hawkeyes often produce back up qbs.
4. Case Cookus, Northern Arizona or Jacob Knipp, Northern Colorado.  Injury history but has pro skill set.

Could careless about the QB class. We shouldn't spend any picks outside or OL, WR, Edge, CB and RB and in that order.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Could careless about the QB class. We shouldn't spend any picks outside or OL, WR, Edge, CB and RB and in that order.

Same for WR, CB, Edge.  Jets can fill out or overfill holes with FA and subsequently they omit specific position as draft need.   I stay neutral and do all positions whether or not they are classified as a draft need.    Long Snapper will be included. lol.

edit: well, maybe not WR because it will be too long list. Anyone may be as good as another one.

Edited by JetsandI

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Same for WR, CB, Edge.  Jets can fill out or overfill holes with FA and subsequently they omit specific position as draft need.   I stay neutral and do all positions whether or not they are classified as a draft need.    Long Snapper will be included. lol.

edit: well, maybe not WR because it will be too long list. Anyone may be as good as another one.

Crowder is our only WR under contract next year.

(Q is done, Robby is a FA, DT is a FA and anyone after that needs to be replaced anyway).

So ya... WR will be a big need. Just not as big as OL

• Like 1

How would it not be almost a literal fact that the Jets get Tyler Biadasz in the 1st round?  That is a desperate need for that team and unless Tristan Wirfs falls a little, Biadasz makes a ton of sense I feel.  Sure if Jeudy or Lamb fall they would make sense also, or AJ Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos makes sense as well, especially Epenesa because I feel he could play 3/4 OLB if needed because he is such a great athlete and so quick off the ball.

OL help seems huge though especially center so Biadasz should be the pick unless he is taken before they select.

I assume Tom Compton has sucked for the Jets this year?  And how has Q Williams not got more sacks and production this year?  Not enough talent around him and possibly 3/4 DE is not the best spot and more a 3/4 NT with talented edge rushers at OLB but they do not really have that.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:26 PM, Ozzy said:

How would it not be almost a literal fact that the Jets get Tyler Biadasz in the 1st round?  That is a desperate need for that team and unless Tristan Wirfs falls a little, Biadasz makes a ton of sense I feel.  Sure if Jeudy or Lamb fall they would make sense also, or AJ Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos makes sense as well, especially Epenesa because I feel he could play 3/4 OLB if needed because he is such a great athlete and so quick off the ball.

OL help seems huge though especially center so Biadasz should be the pick unless he is taken before they select.

I assume Tom Compton has sucked for the Jets this year?  And how has Q Williams not got more sacks and production this year?  Not enough talent around him and possibly 3/4 DE is not the best spot and more a 3/4 NT with talented edge rushers at OLB but they do not really have that.

I like Biadasz and we really do need a C but I think we can get Humphrey or Williams in the 2nd or Hanson or Hennessy in the 3rd.. we also need anOT, one that could eventually take over at LT. My 5 favorites, pre combine measurements and workouts ( Thomas, Wirfs, Leatherwood, Willis and Jones) could all be gone by the time we draft in the 2nd. So my ideal scenario would be OT-C and with or 2 third and 4th, edge, WR and CB.

Our OL has been consistently  pretty bad. Compton is just part of a bad OL.

although Q, being the third pick in the draft, has been a disappointment, he has been solid and is part of a DL that leads the league in Run Defense

3 hours ago, Rich51 said:

I like Biadasz and we really do need a C but I think we can get Humphrey or Williams in the 2nd or Hanson or Hennessy in the 3rd.. we also need anOT, one that could eventually take over at LT. My 5 favorites, pre combine measurements and workouts ( Thomas, Wirfs, Leatherwood, Willis and Jones) could all be gone by the time we draft in the 2nd. So my ideal scenario would be OT-C and with or 2 third and 4th, edge, WR and CB.

Our OL has been consistently  pretty bad. Compton is just part of a bad OL.

although Q, being the third pick in the draft, has been a disappointment, he has been solid and is part of a DL that leads the league in Run Defense

I agree. We will be more than likely drafting around the 10 area subs earlier). And for me that’s too high for Biadasz. Love him as a player... just don’t think C is worthy of that high of a pick when like you said there’s other C’s I love that we can get in around 2 or even 3. Ideally for me we go the route of our best draft when we went Brick then Mangold. So I’d like to go OT Round 1 and C in Round 2 (I know we traded up for mangold in the end of Round 1).

At this stage an ideal draft for me would be to have Thomas fall to us (unlikely). But I also 100% think Wirfs is worthy of being drafted that high as well. So go either of them in round 1. Then go 1 of Creed or Williams in Round 2. I imagine we get a couple OLinmean in FA... so this should rebuild our OL

Just throwing this out there because I have not seen him play, but what about Trey Adams?  He was supposed to be very high 1st round pick but his medicals kept him down.  He played the season at Washington without incident.  Assuming he is cleared medically, could he be an option if Thomas or Wirfs are gone?  I have see a lot of Georgia games this year, if we could land Thomas and Kindley, out left side of the line would be set for a long time.

40 minutes ago, xrade said:

Just throwing this out there because I have not seen him play, but what about Trey Adams?  He was supposed to be very high 1st round pick but his medicals kept him down.  He played the season at Washington without incident.  Assuming he is cleared medically, could he be an option if Thomas or Wirfs are gone?  I have see a lot of Georgia games this year, if we could land Thomas and Kindley, out left side of the line would be set for a long time.

I don’t think so, too many injuries for me to feel comfortable taking him with an early round pick personally. Rather take one of the Alabama OT’s or Alaric Jackson

2 hours ago, xrade said:

He will more than likely go late Round 1. Could slip to us in Round 2. But U can’t see ya not signing a single good OT in FA. So to draft 2 with our 1st 2 picks might be much unless who we sign can play G.