2020 Draft Prospects

Bobby816

On 7/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, JetsandI said:

I don't know if youngsters in Jets organization will prevent Jets from drafting any CB in first 3 rounds but I don't count on it.

Yeah, not at the moment. Even if Tru bounces back, how long can we expect him to stay at the level? He'll be 30 next year. Someone like Jones could show up or we could land a good preseason cut. Gregg is cool, but he's only coached a top-10 scoring defense once the last 10 years. So I can't get my hopes up for the idea of him developing some of these young guys. I just have to hope he does. 

As of right now, we look pretty solid on paper but we could still have a lot of holes going into next offseason. Maye's injuries this season could add FS to the list as well. We have a great core of guys to build around right now. 

6 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, not at the moment. Even if Tru bounces back, how long can we expect him to stay at the level? He'll be 30 next year. Someone like Jones could show up or we could land a good preseason cut. Gregg is cool, but he's only coached a top-10 scoring defense once the last 10 years. So I can't get my hopes up for the idea of him developing some of these young guys. I just have to hope he does. 

As of right now, we look pretty solid on paper but we could still have a lot of holes going into next offseason. Maye's injuries this season could add FS to the list as well. We have a great core of guys to build around right now. 

I believe his strength is LB.  No matter who is LB, there always is productivity in the corp. 

On 7/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, rickyt31 said:

Who are your favorite draft prospects from your favorite college team?

Lynn Bowden, Landon Young and Drake Jackson. Bowden can add a dynamic playmaker to the WR core and he is fantastic at returning kicks. Young and Jackson should be some of the top OL in the SEC and country this year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 9:59 AM, Bobby816 said:

There's young talent at CB for us. Were they Pro Bowlers? No. But lets see how they play bc they should get a shot this year. Roberts, Nickerson and Jones should all get a decent amount of snaps.

Still feel the same about that comment now or can we officially raise the CB issue to code red?

I still think OT is going to be the 1st round pick based on Douglas' history but CB in round 2 makes a ton of sense that or pass rusher assuming we don't go out and sign Clowney next year.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

Still feel the same about that comment now or can we officially raise the CB issue to code red?

I still think OT is going to be the 1st round pick based on Douglas' history but CB in round 2 makes a ton of sense that or pass rusher assuming we don't go out and sign Clowney next year.

I’ll stand by what I always say. This is an offensive league. To use valuable picks on a side of a ball that’s already pissing into the wind, I don’t think is smart.

Of course I think CB is a need. And I hope we address it.... I at this point though would say I’d still go OL Round 1 though.

I really want to use Shepard to land a CB if possible.  We are really deep there.  

I really like the idea of a Shepard for Dennard swap if CIN would consider it.  CIN gets a 25 year old DT on a team friendly deal for a guy the likely walks next year who is a little older at 27.  That will also allow them to trade Atkins and kick off their rebuild.  Doubt it happens but I really hope we can find someone out there with a deep secondary and look for a swap with Shepard because right now dude looks buried on the depth chart.

Here is another possible name... Quincy Wilson from the Colts. I've seen his name come up a few times, but from no one official. It makes a lot of sense because we can probably get him for Trevor Siemain and possibly a late-round pick. Could be worth a look. 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think one of the Eagles Cornerbacks is definitely picked up by us. They have to cut someone. 

Rasul Douglas or Sidney Jones would be an interesting pick-up.

Side Note: My friend from HS actual played ball with Dougles when he was at Nassau. Says he’s a real quiet dude, hard worker.