Seahawks release WR Doug Baldwin, S Kam Chancellor (failed physicals)

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You think that’s great? Woods has posted a similar season and yet no one thinks highly of him.

One...season. Singular. At this point, unless he follows it up, it's an anomaly.

Baldwin went 3 in a row. And that's in addition to another 3 seasons that were as good or better than Woods' best season (pre-2018).

Stats he's better. Just watching him work, he's better. 

And yeah, even in this age of inflated passing stats, I still think that a receiver getting 1k yards and 8TDs is a great year. Anything above that is even better. 

But again...Woods did it once. Baldwin did it multiple times. 

Can Woods do it again? Maybe. But please don't start comparing Robert Woods to Baldwin. There isn't any.

Oh and BTW, I actually LIKE Woods. I'm just being objective in how I evaluate their respective game.

And I’ll argue that he’s a better route runner and a more violent runner. but I wouldn’t call Woods elite in any way shape or form.

Show me where anyone has said Baldwin was an elite WR with elite production. I'll wait.

And don’t give me that we’re a passing team. We run the ball a lot.. Like a lot as well.. 

Great. No one is disputing that you guys don't run the ball. Try to maintain focus.

Like I said Baldwin is solid as hell.. Hmmm I don’t think so. 

As for this, I'm not buying your bona fides to evaluate WR talent when you originally lumped Baldwin in with Amendola in the same tier of WRs.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, El ramster said:

And don’t give me that we’re a passing team. We run the ball a lot.. Like a lot as well.. 

Goff's 561 pass attempts is 100 more than Russel Wilson averages per season.

Baldwin certainly could've been more productive on a team that passed more.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Goff's 561 pass attempts is 100 more than Russel Wilson averages per season.

Baldwin certainly could've been more productive on a team that passed more.

Tends to happen when you have an explosive offense and a opportunistic defense. Doesn’t take away that we run the ball a lot. 

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Tends to happen when you have an explosive offense and a opportunistic defense. Doesn’t take away that we run the ball a lot. 

The Rams running the ball really has nothing to do with whether or not Baldwin could have produced more in a more pass oriented offense.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, El ramster said:
1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

5 TD and 5 INT in 5 starts. If that is shredding...

No TD or INT against the Seahawks his rookie year so Fisher didn't influence anything.

@showtime this man thinks Goff doesn't go in against seattle. 

61% completions, 5TD/5INT 80.4 rating, 236 yards per game, 5 fumbles. If that is shredding pretty much every QB shreds every team.

• Like 9

11 hours ago, El ramster said:

K.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/rushing-play-pct

Seattle 2018 run %: 52.44% (1st in the NFL by almost 5%!)

LAR 2018 run %: 43.59% (9th in the NFL)

Seattle last 3 years run %:  53.72% (2nd only behind Baltimore)

LAR last 3 years run %: 45.10% (10th in the NFL)

Pass attempts per game 2018: LAR 14th in the NFL, Seattle 32nd in the NFL.

Pass attempts per game last 3 seasons: 12th in the NFL, Seattle 27th in the NFL.

Gee, I wonder why Robert Woods put up similar statistics to Doug Baldwin last season. It's a mystery! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Gee, I wonder why Robert Woods put up similar statistics to Doug Baldwin last season. It's a mystery! 

Baldwin has way better stats than Woods. You just aren't looking at the right numbers:

Career TDs in a Super Bowl:
Doug Baldwin - 2
The entire LA Rams Offense - 0

Career Points in a Super Bowl: 
Doug Baldwin - 12
The entire LA Rams Offense - Also 0

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Baldwin has way better stats than Woods. You just aren't looking at the right numbers:

Doug Baldwin - 2

Doug Baldwin - 12

This is your monthly reminder that smugness like this only belongs in one place...

giphy.gif

CLEVELAND

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Doug Baldwin - 2

Doug Baldwin - 12

These are the facts, and the facts do not lie.

• Like 1

Losing Baldwin is tough. The offense always seemed to regress when Baldwin was out. He was the only guy able to consistently get open. An underrated aspect of his game was his ability to understand how to maneuver when the play broke down (which is has ALOT under Wilson).

Hopefully, like Kam, Doug sticks around the team in a mentor/coaching role. This young core moving forward could really benefit under Baldwins tutelage.