Roster Cuts Thread

deltarich87

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Did we activate Geronimo yet?   And if so, who did he replace?

Probably will be on Friday in case someone gets hurt at practice. There's no real reason to rush the activation since he can practice.

I believe this is what we usually do.

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We cut RJF. Dumb and looks bad for us in FA.

Truthfully, this doesn't surprise me much because (1) we signed Dial, (2) Adams looks like he's ready to play in a week or two; and (3) Bengals just cut Ringo which means he's probably headed back to our PS. 

I guess RJF only played 6 snaps against Seattle. 

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Damnit, TT trying to take the reins back from Wolf!

My exact first thought lol.

I've heard Rodgers mention RJF at least 2-3 times when talking about leadership and locker room presence, saying things like "how would you guys have handled this in SF or WAS? 

Not to mention what ring chasing FA vet is going to want to be depth here if he'll get cut midseason and displace his family when there's clearly fodder on the roster like Lenzy Pipkins or McCray?

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

My exact first thought lol.

I've heard Rodgers mention RJF at least 2-3 times when talking about leadership and locker room presence, saying things like "how would you guys have handled this in SF or WAS? 

Not to mention what ring chasing FA vet is going to want to be depth here if he'll get cut midseason and displace his family when there's clearly fodder on the roster like Lenzy Pipkins or McCray?

Yea, I think those issues will be more apparent than his play on the field. Once we signed Dial and got word that Adams was coming back quicker than expected, I was fine with letting RJF go from a performance standpoint. Hopefully they try to get Ringo back on the PS and carry the 5 healthy linemen in Daniels, Lowry, Clark, Dial and Adams. That's a deep group talent wise, and it appears that GB is never going to carry more than 4-5 D-linemen week to week. They just carried 4 against a team that is predominantly a running team. 

Still say Pipkins and McCray need to go as Ted Elliot continues to look for opportunities to upgrade our roster. 

Because he was on the roster Week 1, Ricky Jean Francois can still collect the rest of his $1.25 million base salary via the one-time veteran termination pay rule. The only thing the Packers save on is his weekly roster bonuses, which had $375,000 of the $400,000 left available.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fdemovsky_rob.png&w=80&h=80&scale=cropRob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer

Almost have to wonder if the Packers knew they were going to make this move all along and dressed him so he'd collect his money -- smooths things over a bit at least. 

2 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

Looks like the RJF cut wasn't on the transaction wire today.. I'm fine if we cut Gunter for GMO.

I mean Schefter reported the RJF release and I think it has been confirmed by Packer writers as well so I think it is happening, whether today, tomorrow, etc. So who are we adding to the roster if so? 

Archived