OTA/Mini-camp Thread

ReggieCamp

12 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

Agree, possible.

Bernie always said the the key to winning in the NFL is being able to run the ball in the 4th quarter.

Eh, the key is to be able to pick up crucial 4th downs and keep the clock rolling.  

Run, pass, doesn’t really matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

KC cracked 5000 with mahomes and a good running game.  iND crcacked 5000 with Peyton Manning and edge 

Yeah but KC gave up like 4500 yards passing and 2000 rushing, we don't want to do that. Colts did a little better but still 6000 yards given up that year. If our defense struggles any number for our offense is possible. Just not sure we want that high of a number for the team's sake.

• Like 1

For the first six weeks I want us to go torched earth style and max out pass and rushing yards on offense and really assert ourselves. 

Then bring it back a touch and involve more of the 2nd team and rest the starters a little, like chubb, hunt, obj, Landry and njoku, bring there snap count down by 10-20% to get them ready for the playoff and then crank it up again in the last quarter of the season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

For the first six weeks I want us to go scorched earth style and max out pass and rushing yards on offense and really assert ourselves. 

Then bring it back a touch and involve more of the 2nd team and rest the starters a little, like chubb, hunt, obj, Landry and njoku, bring there snap count down by 10-20% to get them ready for the playoff and then crank it up again in the last quarter of the season.

fify

Otherwise, this would be a perfect scenario.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, the key is to be able to pick up crucial 4th downs and keep the clock rolling.  

Run, pass, doesn’t really matter.

Being able to run the clock out and still score is better than scoring and giving the other team more time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Where did I say anything to the contrary?  

I literally said “keep the clock rolling”.

I think @pnies20 point was it matters how you keep the clock rolling.

You said it didn't.

What matters is that you keep extending drives.  You do not need to "run" the ball to run the clock out.  Granted large chunks of yards can be counter productive to  running the clock out..... I will take a 3rd and 10 on our 20 going 80 yards for a TD every single time over 3rd and 10, running the ball for 4-5 yards and punting, just to burn extra time.  

Edited by Tomahawk
  • Like 2