Browns reduce roster to 65

ditchdigger

You're all doing great on the semi-political talk, very polite and respectful, and I'm not going to shut it down right now, but let's keep it in hand and keep the discussion focused on possible signees and their fits rather than getting into broader "issues" discussions.

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Really happy about keeping Zane over parkey...

Liked greco, but I'd have to think they thought they could get younger and similar production at a cheaper rate from a player that falls off another team.

Greco also doesn't move well in the pull games that Hue likes to run

Iirc Greco was only scheduled to make about a mil this year. Doesn't seem much for a guy who can competently play C and both guard spots.

This front office has no use for anyone over 30 unless you're a HOFer lol.

20 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The things you learn on FF. Are they just upset cos the recent protest? Is it a big chunk of the population?

Heard that 23%+ of NFL fans who stopped supporting did it for this reason. Dnk about CLE fans but I would expect them to be there or higher.

players I hope don't get cut at this point...

Nate Orchard, Caleb Brantley, Cody Kesser

Nate is a beast in the run...and has relentless rush...struggled as many do his first few years and with injury but he's a perfect change of pace all out effort rush end. Brantley just has too much upside to cut even if they haven't seen a lot out of him. To me, it's like cutting a 3rd rounder just b/c he was injured throughout camp...Cody did not step up to the plate and take the team over...he made too many mistakes in camp, but he has also made a lot of plays and is a gamer.

He's a perfect 2 or 3 QB that doesn't put pressure on your starter as the fans to call for him to start, is cheap, and can come in and be competitive...By the way, he's in the beginning of his second year...he's no where near down evolving. We may have seen his ceiling limitations but there's still a lot to like in my mind. to cut him now. Maybe that becomes more serious if he continues to fail in progression over time (cutting him discussions that is)...

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I just don't like Kaep as either a player or a person.  As a general statement, I would say that I don't especially care for the actions of many cops nor much of the system that these legal policy officials represent.  That said, the pig socks and his general energy as a human are turn-offs to me.  I am fully okay with Browns players exercising their free speech rights, and I still do not want Kaep.  There's my tightrope-walk-on-ff-propriety response.

I think a lot of folks have a similar attitude to this and it's one reason I wouldn't want them to sign him.

This team had trouble putting butts in seats last year and they can ill afford to sign a player who is a political lightning rod and risk alienating even more fans.

If Kaep was actually a good qb and would generate wins, maybe it'd be worth it, but not for a backup job and not with such a young team IMO.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Iirc Greco was only scheduled to make about a mil this year. Doesn't seem much for a guy who can competently play C and both guard spots.

Last time I checked he was making 3.5 mil...I must've been mistaken or they restructured him

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk, LGB...spotrac had greco making 3.075 Mil this year...

2017 Contract details by year 32 $3,075,000

maybe the about a mil was what we still had left to pay him...even if spotrac is wrong...they must've not liked his long term prospects

19 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You're all doing great on the semi-political talk, very polite and respectful, and I'm not going to shut it down right now, but let's keep it in hand and keep the discussion focused on possible signees and their fits rather than getting into broader "issues" discussions.

just saw this. I appreciate you.

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

as per sportrac it was 3 mil

wow triple redundant guess i should read the thread before i post

Archived