2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

6 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

And he looked like one of the brightest minds in basketball prior to last season. Stevens couldn’t juggle all the egos on the team, it was a good learning experience. He isn’t going to go back to college because he couldn’t juggle the egos of Kyrie Irving and Terry Rozier lol

One of the biggest factors in being a successful NBA coach is ego management. It's one of the reasons that Steve Kerr has had so much success, you have to be able to convince the best players in the world to make sacrifices and gel together for the betterment of the team. The fact that he can't manage the ego of an average backup PG isn't a good sign and he's likely not going to be able to win a title with the current group in Boston. More money, a better chance to win, and a return to the college game, if Duke comes calling I'm sure he will entertain the offer. It's one of the best jobs in sports. 

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I think the Suns are just gonna sign like Cory Joseph on a 1-year deal and wait till next offseason to make a move with Tyler and Jackson off the books.

Ricky Rubio is the PG of the future in Phoenix. 

5 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Exactly. That’s why I think Gasol should’ve hit the open market. Someone would’ve given Gasol a 2-3 year deal with good money simply because they had tons of money and he was the best option.

He wasn't going to get $26M per year when he'll be 35 next season and likely only plays 1-2 more years max. I honestly won't be surprised if he hangs it up after next season. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:

MPJ at the 2 in summer league lmao 

MPJ has the potential to push for ROY if he can stay healthy. Sucks that his whole family is made of glass, rooting for the kid though. Tobias Harris / Danilo Gallinari lite. 

Edited by NYRaider

49 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They’re not better than last years team if horford walks. 

Last years team lost in 5 games in the semis. Shouldn't be too hard to be better given the chemstry would be improved with Kemba, another year of progression from Tatum, and Hayward finally fully recovered from his injury (Last year I dont consider him completely healed). Horford hurts, but if they can pull off the Capela trade as well then they're definitely better than last year.

33 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

MPJ has the potential to push for ROY if he can stay healthy. Sucks that his whole family is made of glass, rooting for the kid though. Tobias Harris / Danilo Gallinari lite. 

I don't think he'll be in contention just bc the nuggets are actually good. im expecting 15-20 minutes a night for him unless he really shows out