2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

They can't extend him for another year. The extension also wouldn't kick in for another season, so Kuzma won't see a raise for 2 more years at the earliest.

Well then that trade idea for Kuzma is sunk. I don't see how the Lakers have a team beyond four players if they get Kawhi.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏:

Story filed to ESPN: Golden State’s Kevin Durant is planning to engage four teams in discussions upon the opening of NBA free agency on Sunday – the Brooklyn Nets, Los Angeles Clippers, New York Knicks and Warriors, league sources tell ESPN.

ESPN: The NBA will implement a coach's challenge at the upcoming summer leagues and anticipates using the rule during the 2019-20 regular season as part of a pilot program, per a memo sent to teams this morning and obtained by ESPN.

Coaches will get only one challenge per game, whether it is successful or unsuccessful, according to the memo. They can use it to challenge only called fouls, goaltending, basket interference and plays when the ball is knocked out of bounds, the memo says. The NBA has tested this version of the challenge system in the G League over the past two seasons.

I don't get what the deal is with the Nets and Kyrie.  Russell is younger and less injury prone.  And last season, I think Kyrie proved that he is better suited to NOT be the best player on the team he is playing on.  If Durant or Kawhi is going to the Nets, then fine.  But if it's just Kyrie by himself?  I'd honestly pass on that and would rather have Russell.