2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

Toronto is a great franchise and they obviously won it all last year.  This isn't from any sources, but I think the main hold up for him in going back to the Raptors is whether or not he thinks he can win it again there.  To be honest, they actually only won it because of the injury the Warriors had and he knows that.  Everyone knows that.  I think for the long term, he's wondering if they can consistently win championships there.  With the Lakers, it seems more likely that they would win, but he actually wants to be in Toronto.

I think that's probably the main hold up.

15 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

And yet, the Lakers as currently constructed would still beat the Celtics in a 7 game series xD.  Yes, this includes the fact that we have no bench to speak of.  

Not that the Celtics will be anywhere close to making the Finals next year.

Bench? Y'all don't even have a 4th real player.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Toronto is a great franchise and they obviously won it all last year.  This isn't from any sources, but I think the main hold up for him in going back to the Raptors is whether or not he thinks he can win it again there.  To be honest, they actually only won it because of the injury the Warriors had and he knows that.  Everyone knows that.  I think for the long term, he's wondering if they can consistently win championships there.  With the Lakers, it seems more likely that they would win, but he actually wants to be in Toronto.

I think that's probably the main hold up.

Okay well the Warriors disbanded, so he has to know he could easily win another finals in Toronto. I don't think thats the hold up. I think the hold up is he's already a legend in Toronto, he's probably grown close to the guys there and he just won a Championship there but LA is his hometown. I also don't think Kawhi wants to go be the "3rd guy" on a team. I think its going to be a down to the wire call for Kawhi. You also have a top of the line GM in Toronto...and Kawhi didn't even want to meet with Pelinka (allegedly). Thats an issue.

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He missed 26 games last season.

Are you serious? Why did he miss 26 games last year? Please do tell? 

The two seasons prior? He played in 75 games both seasons. Sorry, but the injury prone stigma comes from what happened early in his career opposed to what he's been recently. 

11 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Okay well the Warriors disbanded, so he has to know he could easily win another finals in Toronto. I don't think thats the hold up. I think the hold up is he's already a legend in Toronto, he's probably grown close to the guys there and he just won a Championship there but LA is his hometown. I also don't think Kawhi wants to go be the "3rd guy" on a team. I think its going to be a down to the wire call for Kawhi. You also have a top of the line GM in Toronto...and Kawhi didn't even want to meet with Pelinka (allegedly). Thats an issue.

Leonard not really an ego type dude. Dont think he cares about being a third option. He just wants to hoop and get paid.

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you serious? Why did he miss 26 games last year? Please do tell? 

The two seasons prior? He played in 75 games both seasons. Sorry, but the injury prone stigma comes from what happened early in his career opposed to what he's been recently. 

If you just look at games played, sure. Again, how many games did AD not finish? Or leave for a quarter? The dude is still injury prone lol.

31 minutes ago, showtime said:

Wait that actually happened lol

Yup......but no concern. Kawhi just dialed up Lebron who hooked him up with all sorts of goodies.....then put AD on the phone who confirmed LB had just put 5M in his pocket. Got this covered.

28 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I feel like thats super shady but also...what can the league do about it? Its basically cap circumvention but its not the Raptors doing anything...

Ahhhhhhhh......Drake was invited to the same meeting by the Raptors.

Archived