2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

10 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Celtics fans are funny. They on Twitter talking bout see. Butler George and leonrd left. Still think ainge should have gave up assets for them. 

Um yes. George was flipped for a stupid amount of assets and Leonard won a ship. Those are wins. Butler only trade that lost. Starting to think Danny has some sort of mind control over some of them. 

Eh. Blaming Danny for not moving assets for guys who wouldn’t have stayed is stupid. If you want to knock Brad for not doing a great job this year, that’s fine but knocking Danny for not giving up Tatum for a year of AD or Brown and picks for a year of Kawhi/George? Meh. Celtics are still in great shape AND young. It’s a lose-lose, people would be knocking Ainge if he traded for AD and he left after a year to LA and they’ll knock him for not doing it. Danny Ainge is one of the best GMs in the league, I’ll gladly keep him when his worst quality is not trading young players and picks for rentals.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He was when healthy last season. 27/5/5 on 45/42/80 the last 44 games. But again, sure buddy.

44 games of evidence? That's all it takes? I have a strong feeling it's the "he plays for my team therefore I think he's way better than he is" bonus. Because there isn't a metric on Earth that projects him as a top 20 player in the league. Outside of pure PPG of course. If he didn't have the NBA's #2 defense behind him this wouldn't be a discussion. Actually it isn't anyway. Being the #1 scorer on a team that's great because of it's defense is admirable but nothing special. It's just your opinion which is backed up by nothing and no one. 

ORTG: 104. Mediocre as hell. Worse than his DRTG. Literally the worst ORTG on the team of guys who played 50 games.

WS/48: 0.092. Like 7th on his own team. Nowhere near top 20 in the NBA.

Usage: 31.6% #8 in the NBA

TS%: 53.7 League average is 56.0%

PER: 17.2 League average is 15.

BPM: 0.6 Not top 50.

VORP: 1.7 Not top 50.

On/Off: +3.5 Pretty solid I guess but not necessarily good

RAPM: +2.02 #52 in the NBA

He didn't lead his own team in any of these stats except usage. Sure, he plays with Rudy Gobert. He wasn't second on any of these other. Third? Nope. I'm sure you'll call out the use of every relevant advanced stat and say they are bad metrics for whatever reason. Even though they all point to the same thing. Also his game fell off a cliff and painted him as a gigantic liability in the postseason. Not something you expect from a top 20 player. At least to the degree of 10% drop in FG, scoring less on more shots, and getting less rebounds/assists in more minutes and turning it over way more. Mitchell is a promising young scorer whose actual impact on the game leaves a lot to be desired at this stage in his career. Could he eventually be top 20? Absolutely but he's not all that close right now. I see why you like R.J. Barrett so much. He's exactly the same way. Except he can't shoot and is significantly more selfish. 

33 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Eh. Blaming Danny for not moving assets for guys who wouldn’t have stayed is stupid. If you want to knock Brad for not doing a great job this year, that’s fine but knocking Danny for not giving up Tatum for a year of AD or Brown and picks for a year of Kawhi/George? Meh. Celtics are still in great shape AND young. It’s a lose-lose, people would be knocking Ainge if he traded for AD and he left after a year to LA and they’ll knock him for not doing it. Danny Ainge is one of the best GMs in the league, I’ll gladly keep him when his worst quality is not trading young players and picks for rentals.

No they wouldnt. Brand, presti, and uriji isnt being knocked on. They all just did it. Even though I think brand messed up. The other two are being heralded as great gms. Also you wouldn't have had to give up Tatum in every trade scenario. Brown and picks for a chance at a ship or a chance to double the assets isnt worth it. That's crazy talk. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

No they wouldnt. Brand, presti, and uriji isnt being knocked on. They all just did it. Even though I think brand messed up. The other two are being heralded as great gms. Also you wouldn't have had to give up Tatum in every trade scenario. Brown and picks for a chance at a ship or a chance to double the assets isnt worth it. That's crazy talk. 

Presti didn't risk a damn thing. People laughed at the Pacers when that deal happened, Oladipo wasnt some untouchable asset. He got moved for Serge Ibaka who the Thunder were actively looking to dump. Elton Brand is a great example of why you don't just dump all your assets into dudes.

Toronto didn't double their assets and Presti certainly didn't trade for Paul George in the hopes of dumping him a year later. OKC lucked into a situation where Kawhi forced the Clippers hands and OKC profited from it. Knocking Ainge for not moving young guys with big upside for one year rentals is STUPID. Its just a bad take and using a ton of hindsight bias. Again, you can knock Brad Stevens for playing Hayward to much and pissing everyone off and not being able to manage Psycho Kyrie but knocking Danny for not packing it all in for a 1 year hope and prayer is a stupid take. Thats how you end up in a 5 year rebuild with a crap roster.

30 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Has Mitch done anything right after signing Artest about ten years ago?  Pretty baffling he’s still running a team.

Charlotte is the only team that would take him in the lottery still. They also aren't getting him on a rookie deal.

I hate how many stupid people are decision makers for franchises.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Has Mitch done anything right after signing Artest about ten years ago?  Pretty baffling he’s still running a team.

Maybe he'd be a late lottery pick this year only because it's one of the weakest drafts in a while, oh and the dude is 25.

Paying $19M AAV for someone who's basically the same caliber player as TJ McConnell lol.

4 hours ago, 49er pride said:

Lol at using 44 games. 

He missed all of last summer with an injury and had to work himself back into shape. When he finally got healthy he was a different player, we develop our young players in Utah. The Lakers don't which is why guys look meh in Los Angeles and All-Stars as soon as they get the hell out of LA. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He missed all of last summer with an injury and had to work himself back into shape. When he finally got healthy he was a different player, we develop our young players in Utah. The Lakers don't which is why guys look meh in Los Angeles and All-Stars as soon as they get the hell out of LA. 

LOL I love that you keep taking shots at the Lakers to justify Mitchell's terrible efficiency 

Also, Mitchell-excuses. Again, what happened in the playoffs. He had the same team he had those numbers for a whole 44 games. 

3 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

44 games of evidence? That's all it takes? I have a strong feeling it's the "he plays for my team therefore I think he's way better than he is" bonus. Because there isn't a metric on Earth that projects him as a top 20 player in the league. Outside of pure PPG of course. If he didn't have the NBA's #2 defense behind him this wouldn't be a discussion. Actually it isn't anyway. Being the #1 scorer on a team that's great because of it's defense is admirable but nothing special. It's just your opinion which is backed up by nothing and no one. 

ORTG: 104. Mediocre as hell. Worse than his DRTG. Literally the worst ORTG on the team of guys who played 50 games.

WS/48: 0.092. Like 7th on his own team. Nowhere near top 20 in the NBA.

Usage: 31.6% #8 in the NBA

TS%: 53.7 League average is 56.0%

PER: 17.2 League average is 15.

BPM: 0.6 Not top 50.

VORP: 1.7 Not top 50.

On/Off: +3.5 Pretty solid I guess but not necessarily good

RAPM: +2.02 #52 in the NBA

He didn't lead his own team in any of these stats except usage. Sure, he plays with Rudy Gobert. He wasn't second on any of these other. Third? Nope. I'm sure you'll call out the use of every relevant advanced stat and say they are bad metrics for whatever reason. Even though they all point to the same thing. Also his game fell off a cliff and painted him as a gigantic liability in the postseason. Not something you expect from a top 20 player. At least to the degree of 10% drop in FG, scoring less on more shots, and getting less rebounds/assists in more minutes and turning it over way more. Mitchell is a promising young scorer whose actual impact on the game leaves a lot to be desired at this stage in his career. Could he eventually be top 20? Absolutely but he's not all that close right now. I see why you like R.J. Barrett so much. He's exactly the same way. Except he can't shoot and is significantly more selfish. 

I drive the anti-Mitchell bandwagon...just ask @FinneasGage. I agree with you 100%. Kid is chuck city. Believe he had a game where he took 30+ shots and had 0 assists. He's not conducive to winning when it matters. Not a fan of his at all and he's going down the Westbrook "I think I'm better than I really am" route. He better take a backseat and let Conley drive his play rather than taking the ball out of Mike's hands otherwise it'll be the same old, same old Mitchell bs.

Archived