2019 Offseason Trade Rumors & Free Agency Thread

resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I 'm glad the Heat didn't have to give up Herro and Bam, but still hoping we make some sort of move. Maybe get Paul for cheaper or give what it takes for Beal. 

Don't have enough for Beal.

CP3 should be gettable without giving up anything of real value.

49 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I wonder what it would take to get Jerome Robinson from the Clippers. How about Iguodala for Robinson and Harkless?

No, no. No trading with the LAC. Their transactions are done for the year thank-you very much :)

I honestly think that to have any shot of getting Beal, you have to figure out a way to move Wall as part of it as well. Then the Wiz can begin a real rebuild. But, selfishly, the Wizards are going to want assets and someone to take Wall. Not saying it's realistic, but that's just my opinion on how it could get done. 

Now, that would be the smart move, but Leonsis isn't a smart owner. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I honestly think that to have any shot of getting Beal, you have to figure out a way to move Wall as part of it as well. Then the Wiz can begin a real rebuild. But, selfishly, the Wizards are going to want assets and someone to take Wall. Not saying it's realistic, but that's just my opinion on how it could get done. 

Now, that would be the smart move, but Leonsis isn't a smart owner. 

The Wizards would rather stay in cap hell and be a middle of the pack team then rebuild. 

If the Grizzlies end up getting two first rounders out of taking on Iggy's contract, then crown their FO ASAP.

But I don't know if they end up getting a first. It's not worth giving that up for a team like the Mavericks that are not in win now mode. Don't think the Rockets can give up a first rounder anytime soon, same with the Lakers. 

Iggy probably ends up getting moved for multiple 2nd rounders or something. 

I dont understand this sell the future for a "window" mentality the NBA has right now. Especially since the most recent example of dominance is from a team where 3 of their superstars are home grown. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont understand this sell the future for a "window" mentality the NBA has right now. Especially since the most recent example of dominance is from a team where 3 of their superstars are home grown. 

Elton Brand didn't really take that route. The Raptors did and it worked out for them. There are multiple ways to approach chip chasing.

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

exactly. win the battle but lose the war mentality will make some of these suffers for a long time.

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the Grizzlies end up getting two first rounders out of taking on Iggy's contract, then crown their FO ASAP.

But I don't know if they end up getting a first. It's not worth giving that up for a team like the Mavericks that are not in win now mode. Don't think the Rockets can give up a first rounder anytime soon, same with the Lakers. 

Iggy probably ends up getting moved for multiple 2nd rounders or something. 

I would love Jerome Robinson instead of a 1st.

Iguodala (and a 2nd if necessary) for Robinson and Harkless makes sense for both sides. Iguodala improves them now, he's still an expiring like Harkless, and Robinson will be completely out of the rotation barring catastrophe.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I would love Jerome Robinson instead of a 1st.

Iguodala (and a 2nd if necessary) for Robinson and Harkless makes sense for both sides. Iguodala improves them now, he's still an expiring like Harkless, and Robinson will be completely out of the rotation barring catastrophe.

That was the type of trade Simmons and Stein were discussing on their podcast. 

The rich just gets richer if the Clippers end up with Iggy. Greatest trio of wing defenders since….. Ever? 

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Because the Warriors are on the decline and there's a window to win a championship right now.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was the type of trade Simmons and Stein were discussing on their podcast. 

The rich just gets richer if the Clippers end up with Iggy. Greatest trio of wing defenders since….. Ever? 

You could probably throw the 90's Bulls up there.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Because the Warriors are on the decline and there's a window to win a championship right now.

Yea but... winning a chip is more than just collecting talent. Long term plays usually pan out better and you can be competitive longer typically

Archived