Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

MikeT14

6 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Just because I’m not dragging the guy through the dirt, doesn’t mean I’m celebrating him. He left the team in good enough shape that we are now In play for top GM candidates like Douglas and Kelly. 

Agree about corner and C. Same with edge. WR is tbd. That’s a few pieces in my kind. One offseason can get us there. This is not a multi year project any more.

I am with you.  I don't get why guys want to kick dirt on his grave.  We all know that he could have done a better job both drafting and communication.  To not give the guy credit for drafting certain players is bizarre.  I am sure if guys like Leo, Adams or Darnold were mega busts guys on here would be jumping up and down how Macc passed on XX player.  Facts are facts.  Macc put us in a better spot then when he came here from a talent level perspective, specifically we have a QB of the future which is huge.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I am with you.  I don't get why guys want to kick dirt on his grave.  We all know that he could have done a better job both drafting and communication.  To not give the guy credit for drafting certain players is bizarre.  I am sure if guys like Leo, Adams or Darnold were mega busts guys on here would be jumping up and down how Macc passed on XX player.  Facts are facts.  Macc put us in a better spot then when he came here from a talent level perspective, specifically we have a QB of the future which is huge.

Like most have said, Macc made the obvious choices. That was never the issue with him. Whenever he had to think and be aggressive in the draft he failed and failed miserably. 

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Like most have said, Macc made the obvious choices. That was never the issue with him. Whenever he had to think and be aggressive in the draft he failed and failed miserably. 

The NFL draft historically is filled with "obvious choices" that are mega busts - too many to list as a matter of fact and a large majority at the top end of the 1st round.  So that is just nonsense.  He made good and solid picks in the 1st round.  He put us in a position to get Darnold.  Give the man his due for things he did that worked out. 

2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

The NFL draft historically is filled with "obvious choices" that are mega busts - too many to list as a matter of fact and a large majority at the top end of the 1st round.  So that is just nonsense.  He made good and solid picks in the 1st round.  He put us in a position to get Darnold.  Give the man his due for things he did that worked out. 

He ain’t do anything. His literally sat there until guys dropped and comes into the press conference and says “we didn’t expect him to be there”

Heimendinger got us Darnold. Macc didn’t even execute the trade. Then Dorsey and Gettlemen pass on him and again “we didn’t expect him to be there” 

Listen you can kiss his rings all you want. This isn’t Tanny jumping Pittsburgh to get Revis.

Basically Macc is the guy who bought a lotto ticket and won and now he’s being touted by pundits as some great investment guru. Oh please. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

He ain’t do anything. His literally sat there until guys dropped and comes into the press conference and says “we didn’t expect him to be there”

Heimendinger got us Darnold. Macc didn’t even execute the trade. Then Dorsey and Gettlemen pass on him and again “we didn’t expect him to be there” 

Listen you can kiss his rings all you want. This isn’t Tanny jumping Pittsburgh to get Revis.

Basically Macc is the guy who bought a lotto ticket and won and now he’s being touted by pundits as some great investment guru. Oh please. 

Great post, all you said it all, you are 100% correct.

13 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Darron Lee wasn’t a good and solid pick.

13 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

You’re praising the guy for doing his job. And outside of 4/5 1st rounders he was awful. Which make him awful at his job. He had a few good 1st rounders. But you’re praising a guy that did what anyone of us would have done. Where a GM earns thawed job is getting value in mid and late round picks and finding FA steaks. Something he pretty much never did or rarely did. Hence why he’s gone and actually why he should have been gone awhile ago. Only reason he was safe was we didn’t want to be a franchise that changes over FO jobs so quickly. 

• Like 1

We certainly liken Mike Maccagnan as GM to Jeff Fisher as Rams' HC.  Unbelievably.

We need to be aware that it was not how Maccagnan had done with last two drafts and most recent free agency that led him to his pink slip.   It was his inability to work with head coach that got him fired.   Can we really excuse him for that?  If no, stop right there.  Otherwise you have a blast time wasting your time on FF.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

We certainly liken Mike Maccagnan as GM to Jeff Fisher as Rams' HC.  Unbelievably.

We need to be aware that it was not how Maccagnan had done with last two drafts and most recent free agency that led him to his pink slip.   It was his inability to work with head coach that got him fired.   Can we really excuse him for that?  If no, stop right there.  Otherwise you have a blast time wasting your time on FF.

Yea the debate of whether Macc was the worse and got lucky on the things he got right or Macc was bad but did some good things is fruitless. 

Sounds like most are not excited about this year. I’m excited and think we are one offseason away from being real contenders. 

From what I’ve seen of Douglas in interviews, I’ll be more excited going forward if we get him and he brings in a really staff. 

Edited by SDotNova