The Batman

Acgott

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What sucks is I'm really looking forward to this movie if they don't try to cram the crap into it.  By crap, I mean I have a dreadful feeling that if it's a success, they will try to build off of it by making the other crap movies a part of its continuity.  I know they can't really do that considering Batman from everything before Aquaman was older and Ben Affleck, but I'll be pretty bummed if they try to connect Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam and the next Suicide Squad to it. 

It supposedly is part of the DCEU, although not sure how.  That may end up not being the case.

I wouldn't mind if they just pretended MoS, BvS, JL and the first SS never happened.  Cavill and Affleck are done, so they could.

Back to this movie a bit, Im really starting to like the rumor going around that the main adversary for Batman in this film will be The Riddler. And the idea that it will be Nicolas Holt makes alot of sense too. He could be pretty good.

If thats the case, I hope The Riddler is a through line for the entire Trilogy+. A starting point with Zero Year or Earth One influences would be interesting. Add that to a more traditional friend/foe/lover relationship with Catwoman would be nice, and then The Penguin as the guy who runs the underground who Batman can lean on... If they give it the right story this could be epic.

I was thinking the other day, how there is often a preliminary villain that the Hero takes care of in the film, what if for 'The Batman' they do something with The Red Hood Gang?  Maybe Riddler is using them as pawns in a heist? And either at the beginning or at the end of the film we get the ACE Chemicals scene, setting up The Joker for the sequel? Probably too much of a pipe dream, but a Riddler->Joker->Hush trilogy could be the most epic set of films ever

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JPPT1974 said:

Yeah as a lot of people do not like the pick so far. But we shall see if he can get overcome the Twilight phase thing.

He should be fine.   Everyone hated Affleck.  Pattinson has shown he is a pretty good actor, and it's not like Bruce Wayne/Batman is a particularly challenging role to pull off as long as the writing and direction are solid.

On 5/18/2019 at 12:55 AM, ET80 said:

They tried Mr. Freeze once. It was arguably the worst mistake in Hollywood history...

20-arnold-schwarzenegger.w330.h330.jpg

The nuclear fallout on that one makes Mr. Freeze uncastable for the next 50,000 years.

as a kid I actually liked the movie..then i grew up and realized how terrible it is.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, KManX89 said:

because of how bad she was in the F&F movies,

i know i'm digging this from the grave at this point, but that's just not true.  She's really good in those movies.

I do agree with the rest of your post though

I want to have faith in DC so badly. Nolan's Batmans are in my ELITE of the ELITE when it comes to all-time movies. I liked Man of Steel. Aquaman was good and Wonder Woman was solid, but everything else sucked.

Here's to hoping Pattinson and a new vision can make Batman relevant again.

Also for people hating on Pattinson as Batman, wait and see. I've literally never seen a film with Pattinson in it so I don't have a dog in the fight or a clue about his ability, but people loathed the selection of Heath Ledger as The Joker years ago. I remember I was like, "this little dork is gonna be the best villain we have?!?!?!?!?!?" Felt pretty dumb when I saw how epic he was. I'll never DQ something from being good based on the actor choice. Unless they do something similar to casting Jesse Eisenberg. That was straight up lame and while I was willing to let it play out, it never got any better.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, theJ said:

i know i'm digging this from the grave at this point, but that's just not true.  She's really good in those movies.

I do agree with the rest of your post though

Honestly, i think the answer is somewhere between you two lol.

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Also for people hating on Pattinson as Batman, wait and see.

Honestly any 'backlash' has been pretty overblown. Anyone with a reasonable head on their shoulders has taken the "lets wait and see" approach at the very least. While many have actually praised this casting and love most of what he has done outside of the Twilight stuff. And even RP hates that series, he just made bank off of it.

Those whining are really just a very small, but very vocal segment of fanbois who will never like anything they get if it doesnt look like what Affleck did and sound like Kevin Conroy (an impossible find)

On 6/5/2019 at 12:47 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Back to this movie a bit, Im really starting to like the rumor going around that the main adversary for Batman in this film will be The Riddler. And the idea that it will be Nicolas Holt makes alot of sense too. He could be pretty good.

If thats the case, I hope The Riddler is a through line for the entire Trilogy+. A starting point with Zero Year or Earth One influences would be interesting. Add that to a more traditional friend/foe/lover relationship with Catwoman would be nice, and then The Penguin as the guy who runs the underground who Batman can lean on... If they give it the right story this could be epic.

I was thinking the other day, how there is often a preliminary villain that the Hero takes care of in the film, what if for 'The Batman' they do something with The Red Hood Gang?  Maybe Riddler is using them as pawns in a heist? And either at the beginning or at the end of the film we get the ACE Chemicals scene, setting up The Joker for the sequel? Probably too much of a pipe dream, but a Riddler->Joker->Hush trilogy could be the most epic set of films ever

I guess I always assumed it would be the Riddler since they announced in was going to be a more "detective" type Batflick.  He seems to be the perfect rogue for that type of movie.  Would absolutely love the Red Hood to Joker plot line.

Edit:  With the Riddler, if it's successful, they could also lead towards a Legion of Doom later on for JL2, even though it's supposed to be unconnected to the rest of the universe.

Edited by INbengalfan