2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ima just say it like this.....

The guy could barely practice and you think it's a good idea to clear him for an NBA Finals game?  Once he's cleared, you play him almost the entire first quarter and that's okay? 

Open your eyes and stop being so naive.  The Warriors were down 3-1 and the cannot beat the Raptors without Durant.  The doctors cleared him to play because their season was in serious jeopardy of ending tonight.  If the series was 2-2, Durant doesn't play.  If the Warriors are up 3-1 in this series, Durant doesn't play. 

The player wants to play.... they all do.  The doctor is supposed to have the best interest of the player in mind.... and tonight they didn't.  The doctor shouldn't have cleared him to play, period.

If you believe that Golden St management is forcing the medical staff to provide false diagnoses because they’re one game away from being eliminated then we can agree to disagree on that one.

41 minutes ago, showtime said:

Ima just say it like this.....

The guy could barely practice and you think it's a good idea to clear him for an NBA Finals game?  Once he's cleared, you play him almost the entire first quarter and that's okay? 

Open your eyes and stop being so naive.  The Warriors were down 3-1 and the cannot beat the Raptors without Durant.  The doctors cleared him to play because their season was in serious jeopardy of ending tonight.  If the series was 2-2, Durant doesn't play.  If the Warriors are up 3-1 in this series, Durant doesn't play. 

The player wants to play.... they all do.  The doctor is supposed to have the best interest of the player in mind.... and tonight they didn't.  The doctor shouldn't have cleared him to play, period.

idk, it wouldn't really make sense to let him play if they thought he was just gonna get hurt again. you are making a lot of assumptions w/o a lot of information. you are basically saying the doctors and management were being malicious and really, really dumb. 

A lot of assumptions being made here. These are athletes. They pride themselves on playing through injuries. I find it hard to believe that KD was pressured to play by the team. It was his decision. If they go against his desires (assuming he demanded to play) trust me there would be resentment had they lost. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

So Rachel Nichols said that Steve Kerr told her as they were leaving the building that the Doctors said KDs injury couldn’t have gotten worse if he played. So by that virtue it’s a defo misdiagnosis.

So, they told him that and he still decided to play Kevin Durant nearly the entire first quarter.  I mean, unless we're going to say that was also Durant's decision and he comes in and out of the game whenever he feels like it.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

Bro, the doctors cleared him to play.  If the doctors didn't clear him (which they shouldn't have), he wouldn't have played.  Also, he was supposed to be on a minutes restriction.... they said they would play him in burst.  He played damn near the ENTIRE first quarter. 

1. Unless you're part of the team medical staff you haven't examined KD and you haven't seen any scans so you don't know that they shouldn't have cleared him to play based on the information available at the time.  You're making a hell of a lot of assumptions in coming to your assertion that the doctors acted maliciously

2. I'm fairly certain they said near the start of the broadcast that Kerr had said he wasn't on any restriction and that they would go by how KD felt

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

So, they told him that and he still decided to play Kevin Durant nearly the entire first quarter.  I mean, unless we're going to say that was also Durant's decision and he comes in and out of the game whenever he feels like it.

Actually thats exactly what was said. I mean withing the first 10 minutes of the broadcast they sadi there was no minutes cap and when durant was tired he would come out and get a breather. Did you watch the game?

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

So Rachel Nichols said that Steve Kerr told her as they were leaving the building that the Doctors said KDs injury couldn’t have gotten worse if he played. So by that virtue it’s a defo misdiagnosis.

LOL, “misdiagnosis”

They knew his *** was gone and risked it. Who actually believes a strained muscle can’t get worse? Durant fell right in to their trap.

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Hope the Craptors blow this after the way their fans cheered KD's injury. Absolutely zero class.

I accept this, but just know it was only some of them, and likely not the ones who actually care about sports

Archived