2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nah it's a god awful shot, especially for Iggy who's a bad shooter. They played off the trap and over-extended, they were on Curry in the paint before he even had the ball. If they had faded off to cover Iggy Kawhi gets that ball.

A wide open three in today's NBA is not a 'god awful shot'. Iguodala is a career 33% 3PT shooter who was WIDE OPEN. 

Was it a risky shot? sure, it had more risk than if he would have driven the lane, killed another 2-3 seconds and made a higher percentage 2, certainly. That doesnt make it a 'god awful shot', which implies he was bodied up with a hand in his face and had to shoot a fade away jumper or something like that.  He had no one around him, no one running at him, he had time to set his feet in rhythm and hit the same shot he hits 100 times a day in practice. again, he was WIDE OPEN. 

To your second point, if they wouldnt have trapped curry so early, it would have just meant that chef curry would have cooked them. The ball found Iggy because he was open. 

Also, were is @showtime at? All that talk about how you cant be the best defender in the league unless you guard the other team's best player 1v1 in crunch time. I didnt see Kawhi on curry very much tonight

7 hours ago, N4L said:

A wide open three in today's NBA is not a 'god awful shot'. Iguodala is a career 33% 3PT shooter who was WIDE OPEN. 

Was it a risky shot? sure, it had more risk than if he would have driven the lane, killed another 2-3 seconds and made a higher percentage 2, certainly. That doesnt make it a 'god awful shot', which implies he was bodied up with a hand in his face and had to shoot a fade away jumper or something like that.  He had no one around him, no one running at him, he had time to set his feet in rhythm and hit the same shot he hits 100 times a day in practice. again, he was WIDE OPEN. 

To your second point, if they wouldnt have trapped curry so early, it would have just meant that chef curry would have cooked them. The ball found Iggy because he was open. 

Also, were is @showtime at? All that talk about how you cant be the best defender in the league unless you guard the other team's best player 1v1 in crunch time. I didnt see Kawhi on curry very much tonight

Heard on this mornings recaps of the game that Iggy had missed 13 of his previous 14 3pt attempts going back to the Portland series.

Went back thru some box scores and sure enough, it wasnt happening for him. In which case shooting as he did last night was a bad idea  -  or more precisely, WHEN he shot it.

As stated above - he was WIDE OPEN.

So stand there. Burn clock....at least until somebody decides he's worth covering and starts heading over.

He may have been a 33% 3pt shooter during the regular season - but the Playoffs aren't the regular season and he'd been clanking them. Might explain why he was so wide open.

THEN - when somebody makes a move over - you launch a nice, slow, high arcing thing that either goes in or leaves nanoseconds for TOR to attempt to tie / win it at the end - if they get the rebound on the miss.

It went in - so its all sort of moot - but not a good decision IMO.

Give the Dubs credit they adjusted with Cousins starting and he distributed really well.   Bogut and Cook stepped up in a big way.   And Draymond really locked down on Siakam as expected. 

The Raptors really missed a great shot to go up 2-0.   So many missed open looks and frankly they were just worse on O than GS was - both D’s locked the other down.   Foul trouble led to some rotation problems but in reality the Raps will look back at this one as the turning point if GS gets on a roll now.  

Full credit to the Dubs that’s why they are champs.  Time to see if the Raps have one more get-off-the-mat game in them.   

Only argument for that not being a good shot is there were 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Other than that it was fine. GS hadn't been getting any good looks against the box-and-1 and had almost turned it over twice on that possession. A wide open 3 was a good shot.

5 seconds left on the shot clock isn't ideal, but I'd rather he take a wide open 3 with 5 seconds left than a semi-contested one with 2 seconds left.

19 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Only argument for that not being a good shot is there were 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Other than that it was fine. GS hadn't been getting any good looks against the box-and-1 and had almost turned it over twice on that possession. A wide open 3 was a good shot.

Huh I didn't even realize the Raptors were using the Box-and-1 defense. Once in a rec league game my team tried that, and I was the '1' doing all the MF'n running. After the game I puked in the gym toilet. 

Just prior to the Iggy wide-open shot, there were *three* Raptors at the freakin' half-court line. Very exciting 4th quarter, loving this series so far. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Heard on this mornings recaps of the game that Iggy had missed 13 of his previous 14 3pt attempts going back to the Portland series.

Went back thru some box scores and sure enough, it wasnt happening for him. In which case shooting as he did last night was a bad idea  -  or more precisely, WHEN he shot it.

As stated above - he was WIDE OPEN.

So stand there. Burn clock....at least until somebody decides he's worth covering and starts heading over.

He may have been a 33% 3pt shooter during the regular season - but the Playoffs aren't the regular season and he'd been clanking them. Might explain why he was so wide open.

THEN - when somebody makes a move over - you launch a nice, slow, high arcing thing that either goes in or leaves nanoseconds for TOR to attempt to tie / win it at the end - if they get the rebound on the miss.

It went in - so its all sort of moot - but not a good decision IMO.

You're confusing normal Iggy for clutch monster Iggy.

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Yep, he's been conspicuously absent. I saw Draymond step up on Kawhi multiple times and hold him in check.

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You're confusing normal Iggy for clutch monster Iggy.

Actually not in so much as I dont watch enough of the guy for your comment to register a difference with me. 

I dont have a hassle with him taking the shot - had to happen. Unless he considered driving towards the basket (where all the TOR defenders were......) in order to snag a PF / potential 3pt opportunity - he was going to shoot it.

I just think he could have killed a bit more time. Not a complaint. Just an observation.

IF he'd missed it - and
IF TOR had snagged the rebound -
He'd have given them more than enough time to get a play/shot off.
Neither of those happened so TOR got no shot.

Archived