2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

2 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Drake is what we would all love to be. Wild and crazy fan that sits court side at all these big games. People hate him bc they wish they had that kind of opportunity.

Nah, dude. I actually have respect for the game. Drake thinks he's part of the show and acts like it. He's not. The players earned their spots on the court.

I said this during the season.  This is exactly why Durant's legacy isn't tarnished.  The Warriors actually legit need him to win a championship.  Yea, they won in 2015 (when both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love both got hurt).  The year they won 73 games and lost in the Finals showed that they weren't some unstoppable force.  They got Durant and then became that.  Without Durant, they're still a great team, but they need him to be a dominant team.  Assuming the Warriors lose this Finals.... The last two Finals without Durant would be losses.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I said this during the season.  This is exactly why Durant's legacy isn't tarnished.  The Warriors actually legit need him to win a championship.  Yea, they won in 2015 (when both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love both got hurt).  The year they won 73 games and lost in the Finals showed that they weren't some unstoppable force.  They got Durant and then became that.  Without Durant, they're still a great team, but they need him to be a dominant team.  Assuming the Warriors lose this Finals.... The last two Finals without Durant would be losses.

They definitely need him vs Toronto that’s for sure. 

In 2015, they were winning regardless. Next year, they proved the whole injury excuse was nonsense with 73 wins and being up 3-1. Plus you don’t need to be an unstoppable force to win a championship. They were a dominant team in 2016 let’s not be fooled here. The next two years they were just almost unbeatable.

But like I said they need him for this series for matchup purposes.

7 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Unless it's a hidden injury like the Achilles, a true Grade 2 would be just under 5 weeks on Monday.....

I'd commented somewhere back there that it looked like an Achilles injury when it happened - but if it was/is - whats the play with concealing (or downright misinforming) folks about the nature and severity of it? Thats what doesnt make sense with to me.

Surely they cant have kept the other players in the dark this long - in order they not lose hope and not put out max effort.

I dont know 'bout KD other than the guy's out and minus him (and maybe even with him at this stage....guys dont sit for as long as he has due to injury, come back and light it up) - TOR's got this. They're not dropping three straight. Not with the confidence they're playing with now. Kawhi would need to go down for that to happen.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'd commented somewhere back there that it looked like an Achilles injury when it happened - but if it was/is - whats the play with concealing (or downright misinforming) folks about the nature and severity of it? Thats what doesnt make sense with to me.

Surely they cant have kept the other players in the dark this long - in order they not lose hope and not put out max effort.

I dont know 'bout KD other than the guy's out and minus him (and maybe even with him at this stage....guys dont sit for as long as he has due to injury, come back and light it up) - TOR's got this. They're not dropping three straight. Not with the confidence they're playing with now. Kawhi would need to go down for that to happen.

If teams know KD is out for good they presumably spend more time on planning for a KD-less team.   It’s likely just a trivial amount now compared to the past, given how much info can be obtained (DNP vs practicing), but teams’ paranoia about getting every possible edge can’t be underestimated.  

I mean look at BB/ Pats history before the injury rules of listing everyone as questionable lol.   

To highlight this - just a day ago Kerr said there’s a really good chance KD can play Game 5.  When the ESPN report post game said KD tried to give it a go and immediately knew the calf wasn’t there.    It’s such a shell game. 

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If teams know KD is out for good they presumably spend more time on planning for a KD-less team.   It’s likely just a trivial amount now compared to the past, given how much info can be obtained (DNP vs practicing), but teams’ paranoia about getting every possible edge can’t be underestimated.  

I mean look at BB/ Pats history before the injury rules of listing everyone as questionable lol.   

To highlight this - just a day ago Kerr said there’s a really good chance KD can play Game 5.  When the ESPN report post game said KD tried to give it a go and immediately knew the calf wasn’t there.    It’s such a shell game.

Understood....but I'm still not buying it....simply because I see the difficulty of concealing the truth and/or shutting everybody up versus the positive of screwing up the other guy's preparation.......as a net negative.

KDs not been on a court for a month or longer. Nobodies been preparing for KD for awhile now. When he shows - they'll adjust best they can. I dont know what ails KD and really dont think it matters at this stage.

TOR beat them twice during the season (I presume with KD?) - and they're about as healthy a finals team as you could imagine at this juncture. Although Kawhi give's hints of fragility....the guy paces himself well and has been lights out when necessary. (Back when there were whispers of LeBron or Kawhi to the LAL - I wanted Kawhi - and that was based on limited viewing. Now that I've seen him in action.....well, thats what dreams are made of).

As a team / on the overall - TORs been faster to the ball, quicker on the switches and I'd bet they're more than holding their own in the rebound wars.

It would make for great TV if KD were to walk on the court and this thing were to go seven at this stage - but I'm not seeing the roots of that tree breaking ground. More likely, they've played the last game at Oracle.

5 hours ago, showtime said:

They did need him 2 years ago, but last year's Cleveland team wasn't a threat since they didn't have Kyrie. They still would have won last year.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They did need him 2 years ago, but last year's Cleveland team wasn't a threat since they didn't have Kyrie. They still would have won last year.

Yea, but no KD actually makes them mortal.  They needed him 2 years ago, they need him now and they'll need him again next year.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Raps aren't dropping 3 straight even if Kawhi goes down. They have dominated this series. 

15 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, but no KD actually makes them mortal.  They needed him 2 years ago, they need him now and they'll need him again next year.

True. And if we go pre-Finals, they needed Durant against the Rockets last year.

I just hope this series doesn't make Durant stay. I want him as a clear #1 so he can dominate more often. Plus spreading out the talent makes the league more interesting.

Archived