2019 NBA Finals - (1) Golden State Warriors vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

1 hour ago, N4L said:

I read the first line of your post, gave you a little football, then read the second line and took it back lol 

If Durant plays, I have a lot of confidence in the warriors to win any ONE particular game. You can only win one game at a time. 

I told you before game 4 that he would play in an elimination game.

That's perfectly fine, yet doesn't make my statement any less true. The Raptors are on too good of a roll right now and are firing on all cylinders. And Durant can't just play, he has to play well and be a force to pull this comeback off. His presence on the court alone will help, but this isn't just game two of the series, it is game 5 with the team down 3-1. He's going to be rusty and will have the best defender in the league guarding him.. No pressure KD, no pressure lol. 

I know Kawhi has this shroud of mystery surrounding him and no one has a clue as to his motivations, but you're a damn fool if you think this man doesn't feel some type of way about what happened 2 years ago when he last faced the Warriors lol. He is on a mission and he will not be stopped.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's perfectly fine, yet doesn't make my statement any less true. The Raptors are on too good of a roll right now and are firing on all cylinders. And Durant can't just play, he has to play well and be a force to pull this comeback off. His presence on the court alone will help, but this isn't just game two of the series, it is game 5 with the team down 3-1. He's going to be rusty and will have the best defender in the league guarding him.. No pressure KD, no pressure lol. 

even if he is just a spot up shooter, I like our chances. Tell him to be a help defender/rim protector on defense and keep him out of the pick and roll/switching/guarding smaller players on the outside. 

He just needs to shoot the ball well in this scenario to get us over the hump. 

Calling it right now, Durant for finals MVP lol

1 hour ago, N4L said:

even if he is just a spot up shooter, I like our chances. Tell him to be a help defender/rim protector on defense and keep him out of the pick and roll/switching/guarding smaller players on the outside. 

That's being disrespectful to the Raptors to think that's all it will take for the Warriors to win three straight. And be a rim protector? I mean that sounds good and dandy, but how much lift will he have with his calf injury? He's going to have to be a big factor to pull this off. The Raptors are too good and too disciplined for Durant to just be a spot up shooter and think that's all it will take. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

That's being disrespectful to the Raptors to think that's all it will take for the Warriors to win three straight. And be a rim protector? I mean that sounds good and dandy, but how much lift will he have with his calf injury? He's going to have to be a big factor to pull this off. The Raptors are too good and too disciplined for Durant to just be a spot up shooter and think that's all it will take. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Who said anything about three straight? I've been saying it's one game at a time 

Having him be the rim protector/help defender will limit the amount of lateral movement he will need to make. I don't want him switching onto small players on the perimeter. Let him occupy the paint and use his length. KD wont need to jump that high if he knows when to jump and how to use his hands. 

Then on offense he just needs to be able to shoot. 

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

Who said anything about three straight? I've been saying it's one game at a time 

Having him be the rim protector/help defender will limit the amount of lateral movement he will need to make. I don't want him switching onto small players on the perimeter. Let him occupy the paint and use his length. KD wont need to jump that high if he knows when to jump and how to use his hands. 

Then on offense he just needs to be able to shoot. 

I mean you were responding to my post where I said too little too late and it is unlikely they win three straight. 

For one, we have to see his conditioning and if he can handle the finals game speed. That's going to be very difficult for him tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

inb4KDdrops40

Archived