Marvel Mafia - The game is over, the Sinister Six have conquered Earth!

rackcs

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:
7 hours ago, Forge said:

The claiming was horrific. That's why I hate whatever he is doing. He didn't need everyone to answer the question. "Are you scum" is such a common first day question that nobody thinks twice about it. It was idiotic to just out and claim like that. He could have gotten just a single person to answer that question on the downlow and used that for his lie detector. Getting everyone to answer, getting one person to answer still results in one single cleared civ either way. 

Hadn't considered the role blocking, though. You're right on that. As for him being mafia and being a town leader, definitely not happening on this end. With a closed set up, the only way I verify his story is with his death. Obviously, some others may disagree, but after this, he's never going to be a "town leader" for me. 

I can understand the basic premise of what you are saying.  I would counter with if Matts has a 1 shot with the lie detector move and it is a N1 only, then he needs to get as much information out there as possible to be able to sift through to submit a post on 1 of his top scum suspects.

The thing the people who hate what I did are ignoring => It was about creating activity for town just as much as it was to test reactions on who would do it.

Forge says it was horrific. Matts said this was one of the most active/productive first days weve had.

It worked.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I can understand the basic premise of what you are saying.  I would counter with if Matts has a 1 shot with the lie detector move and it is a N1 only, then he needs to get as much information out there as possible to be able to sift through to submit a post on 1 of his top scum suspects.  

I'd also throw out there (no clue if this is how he would play it, but it's how I would) that often times the best information you can get using a lie detector action in a forum-based game like this (where there is no sarcasm font) is to just plain get people talking and either hope a slip is induced or hope that someone makes a statement that can give you information on multiple players even if that actual post is made sarcastically (i.e. "Yeah, sure, Flacco and I are totes scum together and we're just laughing it up in the [spam].").

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I'd also throw out there (no clue if this is how he would play it, but it's how I would) that often times the best information you can get using a lie detector action in a forum-based game like this (where there is no sarcasm font) is to just plain get people talking and either hope a slip is induced or hope that someone makes a statement that can give you information on multiple players even if that actual post is made sarcastically (i.e. "Yeah, sure, Flacco and I are totes scum together and we're just laughing it up in the [spam].").

I've had a lie detector role before and that's just how I played it.  Because it is essentially a fool-proof invest ability, I wouldn't want to get it too out there too quick.  Scum will want it gone.

However, it is also a pretty easily faked ability.  

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Moved the goal post. Because I was using it in a negative connotation as well. 

The point I'm making is that a negative connotation is linked to their true motive, you shouldn't use that to describe your own motives unless you slipped. 

You're claiming you were doing it to catch scum, how does that have a negative connotation? 

What you said is that only mafia had used it against a civ. That is a very different statement. 

This: used exclusively to describe what's happening when a scum is trying to make a civ look bad.

Is not the same as this: It's always used to accuse someone of trying to make a civ look bad.

Ok that's a mistype on my end. We can change it to "when a scum or someone accused of being scum" is trying to make a "civ or person claiming to be civ"  look bad. Obviously whoever is using the phrase and whose actions they're trying to describe determine the motives, but the accusation that's being made with that phrase is almost always used to describe scum actions. I don't know of a time it's been used to describe scum hunting or town friendly actions.

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Maybe you misspoke. But several of those even on the first page where not scum to civ exchanges. 

How does it matter who the exchanges were between? That's completely ignoring all other context that could point to what they were actually talking about and what reads they had on those people at the time. Don't tell me you're all read up on those games and know who was who cause I won't believe you.

This is the first page of my search results. All these are used to describe something alleged scum is doing. Nobody is using it to describe the actions of someone they believe (or are pretending to believe) is civ. Could there be examples of this? Sure. But the vast majority of the time "throwing shade" implies scumminess.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, Tk3 said:

lol what, are people really still talking about this?

it was a callback to last game, and it was clearly done before I received a role

but im noting the people who are looking for excuses to cause some shade

On 5/9/2019 at 2:09 PM, SwAg said:
On 5/7/2019 at 5:16 PM, Counselor said:

This is a damn good veteran way to either keep yourself in the game or get yourself killed so scum can point blame at one of us you listed. You impress me. 

Throwing shade onto me, as multiple people expressed doubt on my alignment, notably...you guessed it, tk3 and Rick.  The connection between these three just keeps on going.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:31 PM, Pickle Rick said:

Nothing you are saying is making sense and I think you are doing this on purpose to artificially put shade on to me.  

On 5/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, Pickle Rick said:

This feels like you are still posturing to get ahead of a potential ET flip of mafia while also trying to throw shade on him and keep him alive for now.  

On 4/20/2019 at 10:12 AM, The Orca said:
On 4/16/2019 at 4:26 PM, SwAg said:

Please, Forge, my dear friend, enlighten me as to:

(1) how you were unclear in your ability when Dome's game has segmented Role PMs that line-by-line instructions;

(2) do you even know what you ******* do?  You've claimed an x-shot limited-protector, bomb defuser, and Watcher, and somehow didn't understand your role.  The whole "I'm new" schtick isn't going to work because last I checked you're not new to reading;

(3) you said earlier three people would die at night without you, yet you allegedly only have two defuses, and didn't understand how to use them, but apparently at that time you knew it was a night ability; and

(4) how did you not know it's a night ability after a.) using it on N1, and b.) "consuming a charge"

Putting more shade on Forge...the claimed bomb defuser after Swag I think defused Pickle

On 4/17/2019 at 12:15 PM, Pickle Rick said:

You keep trying to throw shade at me claims and thoughts like whicker did, but nothing is sticking 🤔

The term is almost always (maybe not exclusively, I'll concede that) used to describe what scum (or people are accused of being scum) are doing to civs (or people presumed or claiming to be civs).

You used the term to describe your own actions. I've never seen anyone do that before, which is why I said it was very interesting. You wrote it off as "no man it's scum hunting duh" but I was looking at your phrasing initially, the explanation after you've already been called on it doesn't do much for me.

46 minutes ago, Dome said:

The point I'm making is that a negative connotation is linked to their true motive, you shouldn't use that to describe your own motives unless you slipped. 

You're claiming you were doing it to catch scum, how does that have a negative connotation? 

Ok that's a mistype on my end. We can change it to "when a scum or someone accused of being scum" is trying to make a "civ or person claiming to be civ"  look bad. Obviously whoever is using the phrase and whose actions they're trying to describe determine the motives, but the accusation that's being made with that phrase is almost always used to describe scum actions. I don't know of a time it's been used to describe scum hunting or town friendly actions.

How does it matter who the exchanges were between? That's completely ignoring all other context that could point to what they were actually talking about and what reads they had on those people at the time. Don't tell me you're all read up on those games and know who was who cause I won't believe you.

This is the first page of my search results. All these are used to describe something alleged scum is doing. Nobody is using it to describe the actions of someone they believe (or are pretending to believe) is civ. Could there be examples of this? Sure. But the vast majority of the time "throwing shade" implies scumminess.

The term is almost always (maybe not exclusively, I'll concede that) used to describe what scum (or people are accused of being scum) are doing to civs (or people presumed or claiming to be civs).

You used the term to describe your own actions. I've never seen anyone do that before, which is why I said it was very interesting. You wrote it off as "no man it's scum hunting duh" but I was looking at your phrasing initially, the explanation after you've already been called on it doesn't do much for me.

Why do I use that term ths most 😎

8 hours ago, Danger said:

I ask that you all please stop quoting me, I at this point in time don't wish to play. You're all reading too much into this from a gameplay perspective. 

Got it boss. 

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

Well the number six is mentioned in the scum alignment. One was killed at the beginning. That should leave 5...

Well worth noting. But there's 7 mafia. 

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

Also, if anyone is curious, single malt does not cure the common cold.  But it sure as hell makes a sore throat more bearable.

Tequila is the only cure. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ksj

IM BATMAN

@The LBC

IM BATMAN

But are you bruce? 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

kingseanjohn

IM BATMAN

I see

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

... IM BATMAN!!!

Ah yes. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

... IM BATMAN :(

Shocking. 

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@Malfatron @SwAg @The LBC

I promised you that I would MVP it, so it starts here. 

I think we have 4 groups of 6. I think the 4 groups are:

Avengers and Xmen that are fighting the threats that effect earth. They win together I assume. 

The sinister 6 does not include kingpin. There are 6 of them:

The 3rd group of 6 are bad guys from the Marvel Thematic movies. I will look it up later, but probably Loki, Thanos, the bad guys from the previous avengers (hammer dude, smart russian dude, Ultron) maybe another. 

Im assuming those two groups of 6 can only win alone. 

Thats the game set up. I would bet my life on it. 

I was thinking sinister six but given our goal is to defend the earth, larger scale villains like Thanos, loki etc make sense. I can even confirm Thanos is one of them with my WC acknowledging his existence. 

Also Kingpin is a sinister six villain, like an older one but he is.

A lot of assumptions that have no evidence to them. 

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

...IM...BAT...MAN?

Im....not batman.

@Dome Im not going to continue that debate. Its petty and silly. 

I do have something that is grinding my gears though and I am addressing it one more time. Because I dont think I did a PM game you spoke of @SwAg - Malf had already crucified himself at that point. And 100% it wasn't unethical @Pickle Rick. It was a really really bad scumslip by @Malfatron

I said towns goal isnt to kill the S.Six

Malf said 'ill bite, what is it?'

That is a terrible fing question and anyone in the world should be lynched for that. HE ASKED IN THREAD HOW DOES TOWN WIN. The is a historically bad slip. Not a PM game. 

I do understand the optics of me using the word "pm". I should have just left it as "Malf is asking how the civs win". Terrible verbiage on my part. Not unethical or bending the rules because it was done AFTER Malf had already crucified himself. 

6 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

I was thinking sinister six but given our goal is to defend the earth, larger scale villains like Thanos, loki etc make sense. I can even confirm Thanos is one of them with my WC acknowledging his existence. 

Also Kingpin is a sinister six villain, like an older one but he is.

A lot of assumptions that have no evidence to them. 

Keep going, we worked through that a bit more.

But explain the WC thing. Wild Card? Water Chestnut? Water Closet? Womens Chesticles? 

16 hours ago, rackcs said:

AFlaccoSeagulls is dead. He was Kingpin, Sinister Six-Aligned.

Flacco wasnt in the game, obvi. Thats the primary reason I think we still have 6 - its just a different 6 of them. 

@Dome Im not going to continue that debate. Its petty and silly. 

I do have something that is grinding my gears though and I am addressing it one more time. Because I dont think I did a PM game you spoke of @SwAg - Malf had already crucified himself at that point. And 100% it wasn't unethical @Pickle Rick. It was a really really bad scumslip by @Malfatron

I said towns goal isnt to kill the S.Six

Malf said 'ill bite, what is it?'

That is a terrible fing question and anyone in the world should be lynched for that. HE ASKED IN THREAD HOW DOES TOWN WIN. The is a historically bad slip. Not a PM game. 

I do understand the optics of me using the word "pm". I should have just left it as "Malf is asking how the civs win". Terrible verbiage on my part. Not unethical or bending the rules because it was done AFTER Malf had already crucified himself. 

I will go Malf but if he bellies up avenger aligned you are next. 

Just now, Counselor said:

They shouldn’t have been called Sinister 6 then 

They could if there is 6 of them in the game. You can take some liberties as host when writing these long stories. 

And in many versions of the S.Six, Kingpin isnt in it either.

14 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:
8 hours ago, Counselor said:

Well the number six is mentioned in the scum alignment. One was killed at the beginning. That should leave 5...

Well worth noting. But there's 7 mafia

And where do you get 7? 

Archived